[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
jbsasuke

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.3]

Post by jbsasuke »

you must only install the patched boot image in first post and when the firmware start, install magisk manager.[/quote]

thank you very much for your prompt reply Regards.
milkybar1983

Post by milkybar1983 »

zulu99 wrote:
milkybar1983 wrote:another bug: the youtube pause button overlay won't disappear when going fullscreen
check what you installed that create this problem.

i don't have problems with youtube, but strange apps can cause this problem.

or maybe i not understand what you wrote.

You are talking about the youtube app, the browser with youtube or what ?
the youtube app, you maybe right about something I have installed - I will take a look
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

FOR ALL

I compared file by file the 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 Nvidia OTA

The two firmware are identical, not changes were made.

As i suspected.

You can compare by yourself.

Mainly the 7.0.1 was for small number of users that agree to preview. And 7.0.2 was a global rollout. But all files inide the two firmwares are identical.
Only change few lines in the build.prop about version numbering.

I know Nvidia now, we will update the base firmware when Nvidia will publish 7.0.6 or 7.0.7 :)

In the Stock Firmware 7.0.2 like in the 7.0.1 all bugs that i corrected in full Android are still present.

So if you find specific bugs of full Android Oreo 1.3, let me know.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Bojaxz

Post by Bojaxz »

Hi, i'm a new member, I just got my shield tv pro 2017, installed full android, but I'd also like to use nvidia games. I downloaded it from the play store, it will open, but then it just says nvidia games has stopped. Any idea why this doesn't work? I haven't had a problem with anything else yet.
Andro.Gamer

Post by Andro.Gamer »

Hello again, I hope that Zulu99 pay attention to the reports we make about FULL ANDROID v1.3 because I bring some at first sight.

1) In v1.3 the hard drive does not recognize me because of the AndroidTV configuration saying THE UNIT HAS BEEN EJECTED CORRECTLY, I had to go to the FULL ANDROID configuration where it said it was DAMAGED and format it and assign it as internal memory from there .

2) A Microsoft Wedge Mobile Bluetooth keyboard that was previously connected to v1.2 by the FULL ANDROID configuration now only connects me by the ANDROID TV configuration, normally in the stock firmware OREO does not connect me but in FULL ANDROID v1.1 . and v1.2 if I connected.

3) Before in nvidia stock firmware and in v1.1. and v1.2 of FULL ANDROID could execute the COMPLETE TEST of ANTUTU 3D BENCHMARK and now in v1.3 I have tried several times and it remains frozen in a specific part of the first 3D video test

4) As in v1.1 and v1.2, in v1.3 I can not find a way to set the SCREEN PROTECTOR causing it to show the BACKDROP when it is at rest.

5) By assigning a hard disk as internal memory of the system and trying to record the screen with apps (AZ screen recorder, DU recorder etc) they freeze and do not record
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Bojaxz wrote:Hi, i'm a new member, I just got my shield tv pro 2017, installed full android, but I'd also like to use nvidia games. I downloaded it from the play store, it will open, but then it just says nvidia games has stopped. Any idea why this doesn't work? I haven't had a problem with anything else yet.

to have Nvidia Games,

Download this archive, unrar and copy in the vendor/app folder (you need root to do this)
reboot
go in google play and update Nvidia Games

https://bit.ly/2yUI30x
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Bojaxz

Post by Bojaxz »

Another question, how can I fix the scrolling issue in Stock developer nvidia firmware? I like using an air mouse to control it, and scrolling is impossible. What are the steps to fix it? Thanks!
sunny96

Post by sunny96 »

Andro.Gamer wrote:Hello again, I hope that Zulu99 pay attention to the reports we make about FULL ANDROID v1.3 because I bring some at first sight.

1) In v1.3 the hard drive does not recognize me because of the AndroidTV configuration saying THE UNIT HAS BEEN EJECTED CORRECTLY, I had to go to the FULL ANDROID configuration where it said it was DAMAGED and format it and assign it as internal memory from there .

2) A Microsoft Wedge Mobile Bluetooth keyboard that was previously connected to v1.2 by the FULL ANDROID configuration now only connects me by the ANDROID TV configuration, normally in the stock firmware OREO does not connect me but in FULL ANDROID v1.1 . and v1.2 if I connected.

3) Before in nvidia stock firmware and in v1.1. and v1.2 of FULL ANDROID could execute the COMPLETE TEST of ANTUTU 3D BENCHMARK and now in v1.3 I have tried several times and it remains frozen in a specific part of the first 3D video test

4) As in v1.1 and v1.2, in v1.3 I can not find a way to set the SCREEN PROTECTOR causing it to show the BACKDROP when it is at rest.

5) By assigning a hard disk as internal memory of the system and trying to record the screen with apps (AZ screen recorder, DU recorder etc) they freeze and do not record

I am not on the full version yet but I have just had a look for you for the issue you highlighted. I have compared the changes in 1.2 with 1.3 and I can tell you that the issues you've described in 1.3 would not be existent if you don't have them in 1.2.

In all, only three things changed in 1.3 compared with 1.2, the followings are the changes:

1. Keyboard file changed
2. Launcher changed
3. The build.prop file change. Only the version number changed, from 1.2 to 1.3

What I can suggest is that you try a different launcher and see if your issues will be resolved.

The first issue you described also happens with original firmware until you format the drive. I think it was because you've previously formatted it as internal drive...
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Andro.Gamer wrote:Hello again, I hope that Zulu99 pay attention to the reports we make about FULL ANDROID v1.3 because I bring some at first sight.

1) when you change firmware if the disk was used as expanded storage, is normal that you must reformat.

3) I completed the ANTUTU 3D BENCHMARK without problems. Check if you installed something that interfere.

4) try to read the second post of this thread: https://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1646
i don't know if is what you need.

5) internal memry is an expantion of internal memory. Some apps not work well in this condition. To do this is better if the disk is formatted as removable disk.
sunny96

Post by sunny96 »

@zulu99

I have few questions for you my friend:

1. Are you able to list one by one the issues that were present in the original Oreo firmware that you've resolved in the full version?

2. I noticed that the changes you made in the original firmware files were specific to 2015 models even for users using 2017 model. For example, in all your fixes / mods, you've replaced darcy with forster. Examples can be found in the framework-res.apk, build.prop, SystemUI.apk and few others. Is there any reason why the 2017 models should have foster(2015) instead of original darcy (2017)?

3. I saw the changes you made to framework.jar. To be specific, to AndroidKeyStoreKeyPairGeneratorSpi.smali and ViewRootImpl$EarlyPostImeInputStage.smali. Are these changes to fix the scrolling?

I only asked these questions for my own curiosity, hope you will find time to answer them. I use to develop in android and if you search for Phronesis rom you will find some of my work here:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=phron ... e&ie=UTF-8.

And hopefully, I can be of assistance to you in future if you ever need my help...