[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
melendi

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by melendi »

Hello, I would like to ask you if there is any other workaround when some apps won't fit the screen (e.g. KODI, ES File Manager, Epsxe, Doom 3 :BFG Edition) than
"qemu.hw.mainkeys=1"?

I would like to use immersive mode if I want to use some of the buttons when apps fit on screen.
Midjet76

Post by Midjet76 »

Just tried installing Kodi 18 alpha 3 and 17.6. Both install fine but when I try and access file manager the screen goes blue but not file structure appears. Have tried clearing cache etc. Sometimes it reverts to previous settings screen......
While I was typing this it eventually loaded the file manager page. It must have taken 2 minutes at least possibly longer. Anyone encountered this. Cheers
UPDATE
Hadn't tried to use Kodi since I posted this, until yesterday. Now File Manager works with no lag. Very strange....
Last edited by Midjet76 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

melendi wrote:Hello, I would like to ask you if there is any other workaround when some apps won't fit the screen (e.g. KODI, ES File Manager, Epsxe, Doom 3 :BFG Edition) than
"qemu.hw.mainkeys=1"?

I would like to use immersive mode if I want to use some of the buttons when apps fit on screen.
yes qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 in build.prop

i usually remove the navigation bar because with DroidMote or with others remotes we have back home and recents hardware buttons.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
shagrath1987

Post by shagrath1987 »

Hey zulu.
Any way to easy install android tv apps? Like youtube,tv2play(videostreaming in denmark)

retu

Post by retu »

cannot find a "Magisk patched boot image" in that XDA link :-(
edit: found it :-) It's linked directly
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

shagrath1987 wrote:Hey zulu.
Any way to easy install android tv apps? Like youtube,tv2play(videostreaming in denmark)

You can find the apk or in apkmirror.com or in apkpure.com

But usually the TV apps are stripped down versions of normal apps therefore with few updates and less functionalities.

An example is the Youtube app, the TV version is completly garbage.

Don't forget that with DroidMote you can control on TV every app and game. With every tv box Android, Linux, Windows and Chrome OS
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
greggrb

Post by greggrb »

Thank you very much,

Installed Version 1.5 on Shield 2017 16gb, Australian Version.

No Problems found at all

Only one question about the CPU Frequencies:

Minimum is at 1.1GHz
Maximum is at 2.01GHz

I can see through some rooted apps, there is an option to set to a Minimum frequency to 102Mhz,
but this does not fix to 102Mhz or any others, it just keeps resetting back to 1.1GHz,
is this from a set Nvidia Kernel, to stay at 1.1GHz ?
baba702

Post by baba702 »

Sorry for my English the best to shield is make it full Android, but in my case I have some problems with the 2017 model on oreo, several craches in sistem ui and crashes with Hal launcher please any help, and than you for this opportunity with your rom
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

baba702 wrote:Sorry for my English the best to shield is make it full Android, but in my case I have some problems with the 2017 model on oreo, several craches in sistem ui and crashes with Hal launcher please any help, and than you for this opportunity with your rom
Reinstall and make sure you wiped data with the command fastboot -w
Make sure also that you installed the right patched boot image for your model.

We don't have this problems when the installation is correct.
pegancr

Post by pegancr »

Hi there, I would like to ask you a couple of question and will be very grateful if you could come up with a solution to my trouble which relates to some difference between Android TV and Full Android. For example, when I run ICE RAGE game on Android TV, it works okay with two joypads while on Full Android, the very same game does not run with even one. Does anyone know the way to run the game with two joypads?

My second question - In Full Android Oreo 8, my mouse cursor is not aligned or centered. Meaning, I have to move the cursor right below the button (not hover over it as usual) to activate it. Any suggestion please?