[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
greystash

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Post by greystash »

First you have to activate the USB DEBUGGING in the developer settings. Then execute the instruction for fastboot mode. If your shield is in fastboot screen, an unrecognised device should appear at device manager on your PC. Right click and select update driver manually by selecting the directory where you saved the nvidia drivers. After installing the shield should be recognized as fastboot device.

Concerning adb and fastboot tools:
The adb.exe doesnt work as executed program, you have to use the command console:

Extract the downloaded zip and move them to new created folder ADB in c drive. Also copy the files from FAO 1.7 zip to that dir. After that start command console on windows and switch to adb folder ("cd c:/adb"). Then check whether shield is recognized as fastboot device with "adb devices". If a device is set as output you can start with the fastboot commands starting " fastboot oem unlock"
rippin686

Post by rippin686 »

Is there any way you could also post your full android v1.5 for Nvidia 7.0.2 until Nvidia releases android 8.1? For those of us with an already extensive setup box with launchers and other apps that don't work properly with full 1.7 and Nvidia 7.1?
hugh a

Post by hugh a »

rippin686 wrote:Is there any way you could also post your full android v1.5 for Nvidia 7.0.2 until Nvidia releases android 8.1? For those of us with an already extensive setup box with launchers and other apps that don't work properly with full 1.7 and Nvidia 7.1?
didnt realize how important nova was to me till had to do with out
KnurlFist

Post by KnurlFist »

greystash wrote:First you have to activate the USB DEBUGGING in the developer settings. Then execute the instruction for fastboot mode. If your shield is in fastboot screen, an unrecognised device should appear at device manager on your PC. Right click and select update driver manually by selecting the directory where you saved the nvidia drivers. After installing the shield should be recognized as fastboot device.

Concerning adb and fastboot tools:
The adb.exe doesnt work as executed program, you have to use the command console:

Extract the downloaded zip and move them to new created folder ADB in c drive. Also copy the files from FAO 1.7 zip to that dir. After that start command console on windows and switch to adb folder ("cd c:/adb"). Then check whether shield is recognized as fastboot device with "adb devices". If a device is set as output you can start with the fastboot commands starting " fastboot oem unlock"
Thank you so much. I realized that I did factory reset that disabled developer mode and my usb Debugging was not on. Make sense. I will install ADB fastboot properly as you said.

My nvidia shield tv is 2017 16gb.

I have other questions. While “fastboot oem unlock” I need to insert magisk_boot_darcy_71_v1 file on command prompt. Is that correct? How do I insert those files? Or it automatically find itself?

After I did all those then I need to download magisk manger apk then flash patch it?

I apologize that it’s confusing to me.
greystash

Post by greystash »

No, you copy system.IMG and vendor.IMG from the zip and copy to c:/adb where you extract the adb and fastboot tools. It will be recognized in console if you switch "cd c:/adb" because it's in the same folder then on PC. Do the same with magisk file move to c:/adb and run the fastboot commands:

fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash boot magisk_boot_darcy_71_v1.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

After doing the commands the magisk manager is already installed when you boot
hugh a

Post by hugh a »

zulu99 wrote:
greystash wrote:I cannot use nova launcher correctly. There is no option to add or edit widgets or shortcuts. Can you prove this? The mouse scroll bug would be nice to fix soon as well. Why did this not happen with FAO 1.5?

Besides it would be very nice if you could update droidmote server on amazon appstore as well. There is still 3.99. With Oreo I always get error "DMS: Can't download integrity checker". Thanks
The mouse bug is what not permit you to drag widgets or drag icons in nova launcher.

https://android-review.googlesource.com ... e/+/551840

Is a bug that must solve Nvidia. I already explained in previous posts. I know how to solve, infact on 1.5 i solved, but the solution need the deodexing of the firmware that bring many others problems. Is a know bug solved by Google many months ago, but still Nvidia have the bug on his firmwares.

The bug is present also on stock firmware.

Anyway launchers optimized for Android 8 will work well.
If you need others launcher that not have Android oreo optimization, you can use the DroidMote touch mouse.

With the DroidMote Touch Mouse ( red pointer ) you can drag icons and widgets on launchers not optimized for Android 8 and scroll on AbsListView.

Anyway the default rootless pixel launcher is very very good and you can do everything with the normal DroidMote mouse and with an hardware mouse.

You can request support of the Pixel Launcher developer, that if read my posts and expecially the Google link of the bug in question, for sure will solve and will make his launcher compatible with many Oreo firmware + mouse affected by the bug introduced by Android developers in AOSP.

About Amazon:
I'm sorry, i removed DroidMote and all my apps from Amazon app store because the service of Amazon to publish apps and the policies are garbage. First he accepted DroidMote Server but after, on every update, the update is not accepted because the app require root. Amazon app store is a service managed by idiots since also when i published the Server the fisrt time he required root.

can you please elaborate on how to drag and drop icons with droidmote, with launcher not optimized for android 8 like nova, i just cant figure it out the (red pointer)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

hugh a wrote:
can you please elaborate on how to drag and drop icons with droidmote, with launcher not optimized for android 8 like nova, i just cant figure it out the (red pointer)

DroidMote by default emulate a normal mouse, identical to an hardware mouse. But if you go in DroidMote Client settings and check Touch Mouse and select a touch profile, the normal mouse will be transformed in touch mouse. A red pointer instead the normal black pointer that can touch instead of left click.

This was invented for many multi touch games that not have mouse support, eg. when in Android games you can't pass the screen with a regular mouse, but you can use the touch mouse also on Launchers not optimized for Oreo and PIE.

The touch mouse is not fluid like the default normal mouse, but help you in many situations. Also when you drive the mouse with an hardware controller, you can use the normal mouse or the touch mouse.

But this should be the base for a DroidMote user, strange that i must explain what is the touch mouse .......

If you need a touch profile just to use the touch mouse, you can get one from the thousands in my youtube video playlist. Almost all my touch profiles are for a remote screen 1920x1080, but if your android box have different screen resolution, you need a custom touch profile. But the real resolution of almost all current android boxes is 1920x1080 for UI and games.

https://www.videomap.it/touch-profile/list.php

When you are in touch mouse mode, you can use it like a normal mouse, go on the icon long press on it and drag.

------
Explained what is the touch mouse, that is very useful in games that not support a regular mouse, for the Launcher i suggest to use a Launcher optimized for Oreo and Pie and not use the touch mouse. Why ? Because Android now work in this way and is better if developers of Launchers will add specific mouse support.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

A question, the default launcher is perfect for me, why some of you want Nova Launcher ?

What have Nova Launcher that is so important ?
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
chet303

Post by chet303 »

Anybody know how to 'clear all" active applications with the Nvidia shield remote? I can see the tab at the top after double pressing the home key, but unable to press it?
hugh a

Post by hugh a »

zulu99 wrote:A question, the default launcher is perfect for me, why some of you want Nova Launcher ?

What have Nova Launcher that is so important ?
i like to customize, is what i like, im not a gamer is why droidmote has not been real use (to me) till now but to support your work i purchase all your apps, rate 5 stars and make donations, my shield tv is part of my hobby and with out your work it would not be.

i was able to fully use all functions of nova launcher with droidmote (red pointer)per your instructions, thanks