Post by milkybar1983 »

Think I have bricked my 2015 16gb

I was on full 1.6 so downloaded 7.2.1 recovery image from nvidia then did:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash staging blob
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot

Now I have nvidia logo then black screen
If i do power button after 2 seconds I can get bootloader menu but 'enter recovery' just shows me constant nvidia logo
If I select forced recovery I get black screen with 'APX' device in device manager

Please help!
Mogster

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.8]

Post by Mogster »

What is the exact filename of the recovery image zip file you used? Also, just flashing boot.img isn't enough to get a working system. Go back to the bootloader menu and flash FAO 1.8 system.img and vendor.img.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

milkybar1983 wrote:Think I have bricked my 2015 16gb

I was on full 1.6 so downloaded 7.2.1 recovery image from nvidia then did:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash staging blob
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot

Now I have nvidia logo then black screen
If i do power button after 2 seconds I can get bootloader menu but 'enter recovery' just shows me constant nvidia logo
If I select forced recovery I get black screen with 'APX' device in device manager

Please help!
Do not use in not proper way the word brick.
If you can go in fastboot, you can always reflash what you want.

You forgot system, vendor recovery and fadtboot -w
The most important part to have a working firmware :)
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I'm searching for users that use Nvidia tech on pubg mobile.

I want organize another challange on pubg mobile, Nvidia tech against DroidMote tech.

If someone is disponible we can fight in pubg mobile :)

You can contact me also via email.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
greystash

Post by greystash »

@zulu99 Can you say when you will get pip fixed?
Rebel_X

Post by Rebel_X »

I upgraded to 1.8 Full Android Oreo on a brand new ShieldTV and mouse support works. Didn't try dragging widgets yet, but I hope that Pixel Launcher will be sufficient. If not, I can still use my trust worthy ADW Lanucher Ex (still the best for me with all theme support and features) with Droid Mote red cursor to drag.

Now I am debating myself if I should upgrade the older one from 1.5 Nougat since I have everything working including Nvidia Games and streaming.
But just to verify to go from 1.5 Full Nougat to 6.3 Stock I need to flash "SYSTEM and VENDOR" with "Fastboot -w" only right?? Then let system upgrade and go Full 1.8 Oreo?

Thanks Zulu.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:@zulu99 Can you say when you will get pip fixed?
I already fixed on my device. If nothing change i will publish the fix with the new update when Nvidia will publish 7.2.2
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Rebel_X wrote:I upgraded to 1.8 Full Android Oreo on a brand new ShieldTV and mouse support works. Didn't try dragging widgets yet, but I hope that Pixel Launcher will be sufficient. If not, I can still use my trust worthy ADW Lanucher Ex (still the best for me with all theme support and features) with Droid Mote red cursor to drag.

Now I am debating myself if I should upgrade the older one from 1.5 Nougat since I have everything working including Nvidia Games and streaming.
But just to verify to go from 1.5 Full Nougat to 6.3 Stock I need to flash "SYSTEM and VENDOR" with "Fastboot -w" only right?? Then let system upgrade and go Full 1.8 Oreo?

Thanks Zulu.
1.8 is better than others ful Android oreo firmwares but 1.9 will coming soon when Nvidia will fix some problems in the stock firmware with the update 7.2.2

Anyway, you can install 1.8 and fastoot -w is necessary because this is a completly new firmware. New kernel......
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

Rebel_X wrote:I upgraded to 1.8 Full Android Oreo on a brand new ShieldTV and mouse support works. Didn't try dragging widgets yet, but I hope that Pixel Launcher will be sufficient. If not, I can still use my trust worthy ADW Lanucher Ex (still the best for me with all theme support and features) with Droid Mote red cursor to drag.

Thanks Zulu.
Bear in mind that "fastboot -w" will wipe your data partition. You'll need to set everything up again.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Thanks to the Chromefy project, i made this simpatic firmware today for my PC
https://github.com/imperador/chromefy
Chrome OS with Android PIE on Desktop PC