[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
jbsasuke

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.9]

Post by jbsasuke »

zulu99 wrote:
jbsasuke wrote:I am on Android TV official 7.2.2 shield 2015 and if it loses the root completely when I enter magisk manager asks me to reinstall the magisk boot patch and I return and the flash and fixes and when I turn off and on and lose the root asks that flash magisk boot patch only remains root on first reboot the second and loses the full root
In this moment i'm using android tv 7.2.2 just to test.
I don't have this problem and i can't reproduce it.

I installed my last patched boot image and i completed the magisk setup after the first boot. Every time i reboot, magisk always work. I really don't know how to help you.

You are installing my patched boot image or just booted it ?
Seems that you are only booting the image without flash.

The command is:

Code: Select all

fastboot flash boot magisk_boot_foster_e_7.2.2-v1.img
for the 2015 model 16GB

P.S.
Seems that you are the only one with this problem, i not heared other user with this problem.
If I'm doing exactly the same thing then I think it's some error in my stock firmware. I can provide the official 7.2.2 firmware to install from 0 by doing a complete erasure of my shield maybe that way my problem is solved and thanks for your response and help
bryan3r3

Post by bryan3r3 »

Hello, can someone please answer these questions before I install this firmware on my new nvidia shield?

1. Can I go back to the nvidia stock firmware if I want to after installing this firmware?

2. Is the Widevine security level "L1" with this firmware? You can check this in DRM info app and let me know what the security level is.

3. Is Netflix "UHD" supported in this firmware?

4. Does Chromecast work with this firmware?

5. Is there anything that doesn't work in this firmware that only works in nvidia stock firmware?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the hard work.
greystash

Post by greystash »

@zulu99 Do you have a 2015 shield? If yes, do you have the msd issue or USB drive problems?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

dabears wrote:@Zulu99 I am still getting a blue overlay on my nest app for cm video view it seems to be a part of the app that is not finishing and staying on top of the video. It started since full android 1.7 the same version app works on full android 1.6 and earlier versions fine it also works in all stock shield tv versions as well. I tried installing an older version nest app to see if it was something they did in newer versions but it doesnt fix it. My short term solution is using browser to load it but its not as good as the app version. I was wondering if you have any suggestions obviously we dont want to break other things to make it work.Thanks
I will investigate this problem that was introduced with last Nvidia firmwares, but since this problem happen only on few apps, i think that is a problem related to the fact that some apps was not updated to the new Oreo behaviour with the mouse. In Oreo apps must distinguish between mouse and touch actions and mainly the app no get correct focus when you use a mouse, but this happen just on few apps.

In fact in last updates, Nvidia, corrected the current and official Oreo mouse behaviour and in fact now you can scroll well inside abs list view with the mouse. But some apps that was made with the old behaviour ( they do not distinguish between mouse and touch action ), can have this incorrect focus. Apart this, this apps, for sure, was not made by very good developers......

I will investigate better. But in case with the droidmote touch mouse you can avoid this problem, i centered the cause. I not tested yet.
navigate the app with the droidmote touch mouse to see what happen...... touch mouse is the red pointer

On Android TV you have a different behaviour because you don't have status bar and navigation bar. therefore you don't have a conflict of focus caused by the status bar. You can use a mouse, a dpad, keyboard etc. but only one app is opened and have the focus..... Instead on phones and tablets, you have only the touch screen that generate the touch actions and threfore the focus is correct also on tablets and phones.

On full Android, try also scroll down the navigation bar, while you use this app, to understand better my words.

P.S.
Anyway, i have an idea how to solve also this problem with another mod in the framework. I not want for now, but if will be necessary, i will do.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

bryan3r3 wrote:Hello, can someone please answer these questions before I install this firmware on my new nvidia shield?

1. Can I go back to the nvidia stock firmware if I want to after installing this firmware?

2. Is the Widevine security level "L1" with this firmware? You can check this in DRM info app and let me know what the security level is.

3. Is Netflix "UHD" supported in this firmware?

4. Does Chromecast work with this firmware?

5. Is there anything that doesn't work in this firmware that only works in nvidia stock firmware?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the hard work.
1) yes

2) yes

3) yes

4) yes

5) NO, or i don't know.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I decided, i will restore the old mouse behaviour because the nvidia firmware is a not complete Oreo hybrid.
so you can use nova launcher and fix focus on some apps.

i will upload full android 1.10 in few hours
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by zulu99 »

New full android 1.10 is on first post.

I decided to restore the old mouse behaviour that permit you to use Nova launcher and not have focus problems.
I decided this because Nvidia use a very old AOSP source code that have many bugs inside. On this old source code, Nvidia added many modifications to the Android framework that are not in line with the Google guidelines, therefore also if Google fixed many things with Oreo 8.1 and PIE, Nvidia have old shit as base. I'm sure even Google got fed up with NVidia's bad behavior. Nvidia is a company that can't work in the open source world.

Nvidia have good hardware but at software level, expecially in the Android world, have many incompetents developers.

Anyway, sorry for two updates in short time, but i have the balls full of the nvidia bad behaviour with Android, therefore if Nvidia is not able, i must do something to have a full functional android firmware.

Full Android 1.10 is the result of my love for the hardware of Shield TV.
PLAY911

Post by PLAY911 »

Hi Zulu any other improvement apart from the mouse behaviour from 1.9 to 1.10
Thx
regards
zulu99 wrote:New full android 1.10 is on first post.

I decided to restore the old mouse behaviour that permit you to use Nova launcher and not have focus problems.
I decided this because Nvidia use a very old AOSP source code that have many bugs inside. On this old source code, Nvidia added many modifications to the Android framework that are not in line with the Google guidelines, therefore also if Google fixed many things with Oreo 8.1 and PIE, Nvidia have old shit as base. I'm sure even Google got fed up with NVidia's bad behavior. Nvidia is a company that can't work in the open source world.

Nvidia have good hardware but at software level, expecially in the Android world, have many incompetents developers.

Anyway, sorry for two updates in short time, but i have the balls full of the nvidia bad behaviour with Android, therefore if Nvidia is not able, i must do something to have a full functional complete android firmware.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

PLAY911 wrote:Hi Zulu any other improvement apart from the mouse behaviour from 1.9 to 1.10
Thx
regards
zulu99 wrote:New full android 1.10 is on first post.

Anyway, sorry for two updates in short time, but i have the balls full of the nvidia bad behaviour with Android, therefore if Nvidia is not able, i must do something to have a full functional complete android firmware.
test it and let me know if you have problems. for me is perfect now.
apart the bug introduced by the new kernel that will be solved over the time also in stock firmware.

P.S.
the new kernel is the only good thing added by Nvidia. I appreciate this move.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Hey friends, seems that this last firmware finnally is like the pre Oreo firmwares and awakens all the power of shield TV.

Very very fast and work everything.

This is the first Oreo firmware that i like !

I'm not joking. Let me know if it is only my impression or this is faster than all others previous Oreo.