[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
fra0074

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by fra0074 »

Hi everyone, happy to be part of this amazing forum.

I just installed on my Nvidia Shield 2015, the Full Android Oreo for Shield TV and everything seems to work fine except for the
NVIDIA games,
even tho I follow the procedure described in the main topic, I am still getting the error "the app is blocked".
Any solution?

Also zulu99, I noticed that you post on youtube --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... N8I-ytpqWI
a working version of fortnite, where is it possible to download?

Thank you so much
greystash

Post by greystash »

@Rechims Thanks for your feedback. Don't blame you to share your issues with us, your question was definitely Full Android related and therefore completely right. On stock you don't have any bars so that might be a hint for Zulu to improve the FAO. After factory reset have you tried TileRoot again? Do you still have the black bars with PrimeVideo?
Rechims

Post by Rechims »

greystash wrote:@Rechims Thanks for your feedback. Don't blame you to share your issues with us, your question was definitely Full Android related and therefore completely right. On stock you don't have any bars so that might be a hint for Zulu to improve the FAO. After factory reset have you tried TileRoot again? Do you still have the black bars with PrimeVideo?
Thanks! :D

Didn't try Tile Root anymore.

The black bars and navigation bar were gone (real full screen) after I've changed 0 to 1 and did a factory reset immediately afterwards. Without the factory reset all I got after restarting the Shield was a black screen with a weird looking red diagonal stripe, couldn't do anything but reflashing the FA system.img again.

Then I installed an app called Navigation Bar (Nu-Kob) from the Play Store, cause I still wanted a navigation bar (that can hide without leaving black bars behind). But if you don't want a navigation bar, you don't have to install that app. This navigation bar is an overlay, that's why it doesn't leave empty black space behind after hiding, I think :P

Prime Video and everything else works perfect now.

Edit: only one issue (not FA related) the remote control is completely useless, cause it closes Prime Video and other video apps after a few minutes. Only remedy is to unpair it.
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

@Rechims unfortunately the remote control issue might be a deal breaker for me. I can't afford to unpair it as I value private listening and it would be weird for normal users (house guests) to use controller to navigate the tv. Please let us know when the issue gets fixed.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Lenana wrote:@Rechims unfortunately the remote control issue might be a deal breaker for me. I can't afford to unpair it as I value private listening and it would be weird for normal users (house guests) to use controller to navigate the tv. Please let us know when the issue gets fixed.
When you have DroidMote Server installed on Shield TV, every guest in your house can use his phone as remote control.

Can use well also the browser on your TV and all multi touch games and apps that Android can offer.

If you use only Android TV apps that don't have mouse support, this is not a problem since with the DroidMote dpad you can use also this apps.

In case you need voice search, a mic connected to Shield can solve, but with DroudMote you can write also with your voice.

If you don't like DroidMote, is not our problem, but just your problem.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Rechims

Post by Rechims »

I use DroidMote almost all of the time. I love it, it's easy to use and much more options than the normal shield remote.
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

zulu99 wrote:
Lenana wrote:@Rechims unfortunately the remote control issue might be a deal breaker for me. I can't afford to unpair it as I value private listening and it would be weird for normal users (house guests) to use controller to navigate the tv. Please let us know when the issue gets fixed.
When you have DroidMote Server installed on Shield TV, every guest in your house can use his phone as remote control.

Can use well also the browser on your TV and all multi touch games and apps that Android can offer.

If you use only Android TV apps that don't have mouse support, this is not a problem since with the DroidMote dpad you can use also this apps.

In case you need voice search, a mic connected to Shield can solve, but with DroudMote you can write also with your voice.

If you don't like DroidMote, is not our problem, but just your problem.
Sorry I didn't mean to upset anyone.
snake218

Post by snake218 »

I was able to use expanded desktop, using gravitybox and xposed.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hi all
I really like this, but I can't find UK version of prime video for android tv. The full android UK prime keeps crashing system ui when it goes to full screen when you try to play video in prime. Is there any way I can hide top notification bar?
Cheers
greystash

Post by greystash »

TileRoot is good to hide nav bar as well as notification bar