[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
9v9

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by 9v9 »

I have a problem with one app: https://www.synology.com/en-us/releaseN ... TV-DSvideo

This is an AndroidTV application and the only way to launch it, is to go to the Settings>Applications menu as if you are about to remove it.

The 'normal' version of the app shows up in the app drawer just fine, but I prefer the AndroidTV version because it looks and functions better on this device.

Any ideas on what i could try to force it to show up?
cruzg10

Post by cruzg10 »

9v9 wrote:I have a problem with one app: https://www.synology.com/en-us/releaseN ... TV-DSvideo

This is an AndroidTV application and the only way to launch it, is to go to the Settings>Applications menu as if you are about to remove it.

The 'normal' version of the app shows up in the app drawer just fine, but I prefer the AndroidTV version because it looks and functions better on this device.

Download, install and enjoy

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvHIU35T8haBn0Iysk69bZCn-Q0q
harpua1982

Post by harpua1982 »

I'm having an issue using my webcam as a microphone. It used to work perfectly. After a factory reset and re-root, now it doesn't. My controller stopped turning on, so I can't use that. The webcam works perfectly fine w/ other apps, such as IP Webcam and Open Camera. Every time I try to voice train the Google app crashes...

Update:
The only way I'm able to open apps for Android TV is through the Settings. Is this normal? I don't think I had this issue before. Plus, I installed Leanback Launcher and that keeps crashing.
2015 Nvidia SHIELDtv - Full Android Nougat v1.1
9v9

Post by 9v9 »

cruzg10 wrote:
9v9 wrote:I have a problem with one app: https://www.synology.com/en-us/releaseN ... TV-DSvideo

You are amazing! Now I have a new problem though, it looks like you used parts from dsaudio to make this happen? I also use that application and had to remove it to push this one on. It confused me at first and tried to force it using adb over the network.

Would you like to share your knowledge on what you did to make this happen so I can go and fix the applications I need in the future?

Thanks again!
cruzg10

Post by cruzg10 »

9v9 wrote:
cruzg10 wrote:

You are amazing! Now I have a new problem though, it looks like you used parts from dsaudio to make this happen? I also use that application and had to remove it to push this one on. It confused me at first and tried to force it using adb over the network.

Would you like to share your knowledge on what you did to make this happen so I can go and fix the applications I need in the future?

Thanks again!

Use any apk decompiler to decompile the app, then edit the xml manifest where it says:

android.intent.category.LEANBACK_LAUNCHER

and change it to:

android.intent.category.LAUNCHER

save and then recompile the apk. Works the majority of the time with most apps
9v9

Post by 9v9 »

Use any apk decompiler to decompile the app, then edit the xml manifest where it says:

android.intent.category.LEANBACK_LAUNCHER

and change it to:

android.intent.category.LAUNCHER

save and then recompile the apk. Works the majority of the time with most apps
Thanks for clearing that up, and helping me solve a months long problem. I made a mental note for the universe to recognize this good deed, may it bring a solution to one of your problems!
fredphoesh

Audio issues on Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by fredphoesh »

Hi Zulu, I hope all is well with you?

I have recently bought a high quality DAConverter for my hifi, and one of the inputs I have used for connecting the Shield TV box via usb.
The problem is,b all audio comes from the shield box as 192khz, no matter if I am using VLC, Kodi, Google Play Music, Youtube...

This shouldn't happen, you wouldn't want to alter the bitrate by resampling, as this can cause loss of information... so I wanted to know if there is a way to have the Shield TV box simply output the same format as the file itself?

Another thing is that during playback, every 3-6 minutes, there is an audible "pop", almost like an LP record when there is a minor scratch or something... Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks!
Mark.
Soni77it

Post by Soni77it »

Hi zulu ...hope you can help me i have a problem with live channel app on nougat 1.5 ...the problem is the bottom of screen is empty ( black) about 10cm or if i can use another app like live channel ? Thank you in advance
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Soni77it wrote:Hi zulu ...hope you can help me i have a problem with live channel app on nougat 1.5 ...the problem is the bottom of screen is empty ( black) about 10cm or if i can use another app like live channel ? Thank you in advance
You can try removing the navigation bar.
Edit the build.prop and remove the navigation bar, restart.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Wes

Post by Wes »

It has been a long time.
I want to upgrade from full Android 1.2 shield tv 2015 16gb.
Android 7.0

Do I install
Software Upgrade 7.0.1
Cannot find upgrade 7.0

Greetings wes