[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
milkybar1983

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by milkybar1983 »

zulu99 can you confirm these errors won't be causing me a problem?

Couldn't parse erase-block-size '0xUnknown var!'.
Couldn't parse logical-block-size '0xUnknown var!'.
m4f1050

Post by m4f1050 »

I update to 7.2.3 and use the boot.img (for Magisk root) and usually works fine. Waiting to see if they release a boot.img based on 7.2.3 with Magisk root on it. But what @zulu99 is saying is that I can use the 7.2.3 firmware with the 7.2.2 boot.img?

Thanks.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

milkybar1983 wrote:zulu99 can you confirm these errors won't be causing me a problem?

Couldn't parse erase-block-size '0xUnknown var!'.
Couldn't parse logical-block-size '0xUnknown var!'.
Not problem. Just don't forget to update fastboot binary from Google sometimes.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

m4f1050 wrote:I update to 7.2.3 and use the boot.img (for Magisk root) and usually works fine. Waiting to see if they release a boot.img based on 7.2.3 with Magisk root on it. But what @zulu99 is saying is that I can use the 7.2.3 firmware with the 7.2.2 boot.img?

Thanks.
A boot image contain kernel and ramdisk. Therefore if you flash boot image, system image and vendor image of full Android 1.10 you have only the 7.2.3 bootloader that was also not changed between all 7.2.x firmwares.

In case you have the 2017 model 16GB, you must reflash also my dtb file in the first post to remove the verified boot restriction, that permit to install a firmware not signed by Nvidia. My firmwares or other firmwares.

With the bootloader of 7.2.x firmware you can upgrade and downgrade with all 7.2.x firmware. full Android or Android TV

In other words, you can install full Android 1.10 over 7.2.3 stock firmware without problems. Like in the past, if you have the 2017 16GB model, you must flash also the dtb file.

Nothing changed in the first post. All 7.2.x firmwares are compatible among them because are not major updates.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
jbsasuke

Post by jbsasuke »

the boot kernel needs to be upgraded for magisk since it brings some improvement included in the 7.2.3 for the official android tv not for full android all functional well in android full but for stock you should not make a new boot patch with magisk hopefully update zulu99 thank you
hugh a

Post by hugh a »

zulu99 wrote:i will work in future on the new 7.2.3 update. with calm.....

But you must know that all firmwares 7.2.x are compatible. this menas that you can install fulll android 1.10 also over the 7.2.3

Just flash boot, system and vendor with fastoboot and erase user data with the command fastboot -w

We have always an old Android 8 firmware and the changes between a firmware and another made by Nvidia are few and usually Nvidia correct a problem and add another.

My suggestion for the future is:

Buy a good Intel X64 box, instal on it Linux and do everything you want without be a slave of corporations like Google and Nvidia.

An OS where the owner can't have system permissions is just a money machine invented to steal your money.

Today the only OS where you are really the owner is LINUX.

Today i use only boxes with Linux on all TV in my house, but i will still continue support the shield tv when i have time.

When i want play android games on a big screen i found this other solution that work very well. just using my phone.
https://youtu.be/L4Iqq9_PmfU

your suggestion for a good Intel X64 box?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

hugh a wrote: your suggestion for a good Intel X64 box?
Something like this:
https://liliputing.com/2019/03/kodlix-g ... x.html/amp

Intel cpu, from celeron to i7 depend on price that you want spend.
Integrated intel gpu
usb 3 minimum
Wifi ac and gigabit ethernet

If you buy a recent model of near 300 euros, you can stay relaxed for at least 5 years and always updated and expecialy without restrictions from assholes like Google and Nvidia.

Linux is the only solution for the future. An OS where the owner can't have system permissions is not an OS but just a digital cage invented to take under control the future of the tech.
Where the end-user can only trust things of big corporations and can be easley forced in desiered directions. The only thing that is important for this companies are your private data and money and if you can choose, this is not good for their economic interests.
kaileshm

Post by kaileshm »

Hi Zulu99 and anyone else, a couple of last thoughts before I resell the Shield TV box recently bought, to critically also get video chat working....

- I'm about to buy a cheap ac wifi router on ebay matched at least to Shield TV 2017's wi-fi specs (that I can also return without quibbles - if it does not solve the problem for me) and one that also has a USB 3.0 port on the router, connect the Logitech BRIO 4K webcam to that router's USB port, and try and access it within skype, etc over wi-fi from the Shield TV box - and a) hope it can see that a webcam is available and b) use it without Nvidia box USB3.0 port webcam blocking issues that way (webcam accessed over wifi)

- and the last other thing that I'm thinking of trying, is buying a lower cost/used (compared to Shield 2017) SECOND pure generic android box, that the skype app can be loaded on and the Logitech BRIO 4K also plugged into that second generic pure box. And then connect the Shield TV box to that second box - not sure yet: maybe via HDMI (generic box) to HDMI splitter or USB3.0 (Shield TV) via cable/adapter (if this would even work) or wi-fi between the two boxes, in both scenarios to get more than the standard 1Gbps rate that the single ethernet port offers on both these boxes and might be required to get as close as possible to the USB3.0 (5Gbps) interface/performance of BRIO 4K webcam. And then, and I don't know if this is possible yet with some utility app, etc, but access and control sykpe app remotely from Shield box using such a remote utility app/capability if such exists - where with it you see an icon for skype on the Nvidia box, but when you launch skype icon on Nvidia box its actually running app remotely on the other box with the interface window on the Nvidia box (which is the only box with the TV display connected = one source for all apps and content/TV), and all remote app notifications like incoming call from skype still pop up on the Nvidia box, and auto connect incoming calls while parents processing and watching TV/on-demand HD-4K content with Shield's compelling hardware muscle + smart home hub, etc And the generic pure box just used to locally run and connect to local webcam for 4K video chat/app service. If such a remote app utility exists then this should defo work to get the video chat feature (and crucially on the same screen and taking priority when watching TV/content). Any ideas? I might also consider such a second generic pure android box with DVB-S2 (for HD Freesat Live UK TV channels) tuner also built in, running the TVHeadEnd server app on that generic box too, and then the Live Channels app/interface locally running on the Nvidia box and taking to that TVHeadEnd server app running on the generic box for Nvidia w/Live Channels app accessing those Freesat HD streams from the server app and box for viewing - but that setup might mean that the inferior generic box, along with some processing in its integrated tuner chipset, is doing the a/v content processing - and NOT the much more capable Nvidia hardware (which just presents these Freesat streams). Plus another way to get the Shield box to work with DVB-S2 tuners of any make - when the Nvidia box currently only supports and works with DVB-T2 tuners (and I think only Happauge WinTV Solo/Dual DVB-T USB Tuner is actually supported and works in Europe (with Tablo re-badged also for US) - to get Freeview HD (terrestrial - and problem for my parents environment for aerial reception) . Any ideas/thoughts??

(another test I mentioned earlier - I bought a multi-format USB (3.1 /Type C) hub + some adapters, used one adapter to connect the hub's 3.1 Type C interface to Shield 2017's USB 3.0 Type A, and the second adapter to connect the BRIO webcam USB3.0 Type A to Thunderbolt 3 Type-C port on hub, but skype could not detect that the webcam was connected/available to support video chat - with dimmed out cam icon within skype session/call (and only offered audio), and the Thunderbolt 3 port (i.e. version 3 not just for macs) on hub supports both data (40Gbps) and charging/power (not just charging/power), and then another way with the webcam connected via USB3.0 ports on hub, caused the same original issues with video chat (plug out and plug in during each video chat session to video chat to unfreeze and showing two-way video) - so the multi-format hub route also did not resolve matter)

Once again I'd appreciate urgent response(s).

Thanks, K.
kaileshm

Post by kaileshm »

.... oh yeah, all this kit is and will be behind wall mounted lounge 32" TV (small terraced house) - Shield TV 2017 box, cable fibre broadband line/box in modem only operation mode if buying/using separate wi-fi router box, TV-clip-attached BRIO webcam, any wi-fi router box, and any second generic pure android box, so all only several inches apart
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

Hello everyone, I have seen Nvidia random reboot issue while on stock...I am now considering this rom. Do you experience the random reboot in full android? Also I have shield Pro 2017 model and I'm unable to boot in to fastboot, power plug + start button and controller A+B methods dont work, any help will be much appreciated.

EDIT: SATV Pro 2017 uses a different micro usb method on explained on nvidia site
Last edited by Lenana on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.