[ROM][Full Android PIE for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
elpaablo

Re: [ROM][Full Android PIE for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by elpaablo »

So, I've been doing some testing and long story short: Pie for shield TV sucks. GSI images are all worthless. They all come from the same source, so they'll have the same limitations as Zulu's Pie plus a few more (the ones that Zulu solved). So, let's downgrade to Oreo, right? Wrong. The moment you try to do it, the box (2017 model) won't boot anything, not even stock Pie, until you manually flash a bootloader. So, in order to downgrade to Oreo, you'll have to manually downgrade the bootloader. Don't want to take the risk and prefer to stay on Pie? Manually flash Pie bootloader... I'm on developer Pie, now, which is a wonderful piece of s... I'll probably flash Zulu's Pie, now, because I've already bricked a box, flashing the bootloader, and I don't want to take the risk of manually downgrade the bootloader.
elpaablo

Post by elpaablo »

I was finally able to downgrade to Oreo and I couldn't be happier. Everything works again. Picky, picky, picky little box...
whiteak

Post by whiteak »

I don't want to take away from what Zulu is doing here with his Roms, but there now is a way to Root the Stock Firmware if on Pie over on xda if you know where to look. Can confirm it works as I got Magisk installed and modules installing with no issues. Look up the user rootfan. Has files for both 2015 and 2017 models. You will need a Male to Male USB cable and basic knowledge of adb and fastboot commands. Took all of 5 minutes to get the Shield Pie firmware rooted. Also will need a Mouse as you need to flash a zip through twrp.
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

whiteak wrote: there now is a way to Root the Stock Firmware
Interesting, and nice, for some, but the whole point of Zulu's roms is the far wider range of apps and functionality that full android offers.
elpaablo

Post by elpaablo »

Root is fundamental. Without root there's no Pie. But I will only leave Oreo when (or if) there is a similar experience with Pie.
milkybar1983

Post by milkybar1983 »

nice work but we really need the shield settings panel for the specific display settings
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

JohnDay29 wrote:
zulu99 wrote:
JohnDay29 wrote:I am using an acre 23inch acer touchscreen and wanted to know if there was a way to activate the navigation bar. I know there are apps for the bar but they are all just a little buggy. Thanks for all your hard work by the way. I love it.
you can edit the build.prop and add

Code: Select all

qemu.hw.mainkeys = 0

Looks as though I can't just edit the build prop the old fashion way with a file explorer. Do you have a walk through for me on what I need to do to add this code to the build.prop file? Thanks
in the second post you can find how to mount the system partition read and write. when system partition is read / write you can use file explorer to edit the build.prop
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Tested the last dev nvidia firmware with the full android generic system image.

All seem to work like in the previous version.

As i explaioned before, our full android generic system image is a project treble system image with an android pie version also more recent than Nvidia stock pie firmware and should work with all coming nvidia pie firmwares updates.

when a new update happen, if you want, you can install the last dev nvidia firmware and on top of it you can flash the full android generic system image.

The error that you see at startup, "There is an internal problem with your device..." is just because the fingerprint inside the build.prop of system image is different from the fingerprint inside the build.prop of vendor image. There is no problem and is just an error of Nvidia because on a project treble firmware, the system image can be different from the vendor image about fingerprint. Anyway if you want correct you can edit the build.prop but is totally irrelevant,
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
ebaz35

Post by ebaz35 »

Firstly, thank you for the awesome work. It's great to have full Android on the Shield TV.

One quick question - would it be possible to produce a ROM image that does not have the playstore and gapps installed? Just the stock standard LineageOS based GSI image without any google apps installed?

Thanks in advance.

Evan
Dramosith

Post by Dramosith »

Hello, i am just back for while.. i was using my old nvidia shield TV Nougout 5.1 my nvidia shield 2015/16 GB did installed

-Android TV -> Android Tablet Nougat(your img files) -> Android TV Nougat 5.1 (orginal img by nvidia shield).
version: 24.00.2015.420-fcf112d9 nagout 5.1
-I gave new one android to my family member. so i can install again to full android at my 2015/16 gb.

i have 2 question.

1. What is big recommend to install Oreo or Pie? i want to play Ragnarok mobile and prefer stable one.
2. i got Android TV Nagout 5.1 2015/16 GB. which do i need download first img if i want to Oreo or Pie? can i just Android TV 5.1 upgrade into Pie/Oreo Full Android? or do i need install first Android TV Oreo/Pie?

*no worries i know how to install only i need to information which do i need to download and image to my old Nvidia shield tv.