TankHero Custom TouchProfile Problem

Sharing of touch profiles for games and apps according to screen resolution
bbdroidas

Re: TankHero Custom TouchProfile Problem

Post by bbdroidas »

Well, I downloaded the program https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... screensize Screen Size and Density and my resolution is 1280, as indicated by the attached picture.

I changed the dimension from the settings panel to 1280 in order to be correct with the actual dimensions of my screen.

I tried both your profiles on Tank hero and Dead Trigger 2 and the controls are not responsive (in dead trigger I cannot even press the play button, even though the red dot is on top and I press the button with the small hand).

What other requirements should this device have in order to fully support android mote server? My device runs stock android 4 (not flashed), there is no custom flash support yet for this device as I have pointed in my previous link, and every other application game is working fine.

I am willing to help you debug the malfunction of droidmote on my android device, which belongs in the "supported" devices. Also, if something operates on a specific cpu, this does not mean that it will operate correct on the same cpu on a different motherboard. So, even though it is true that droidmote does not have any problem on the rk3188 devices that you own, the situation here shows that there are some rk3188 devices that show an incompatibility problem.

What else should I try to help you debug this incompatibility on the androidmote server and MK918 ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

DroidMote don't have malfunctions. Is your ROM / firmware that is not compatible with android standard for input devices. In fact it work well on all standard android firmwares and if you read all this pages you can understand that DroidMote is full Android compatible. http://source.android.com/devices/tech/input/index.html

I don't have only rk3188 devices but many other tablets and phones with standard android ROM inside and in all DroidMote work very well. Stock and custom rom.

My suggestion, erase your Chinese ROM and try to find a new one that is android standard. I'm sorry. If you want a refund you can contact me in email.

Instead if you want solve problem on your device or you want a standard android ROM on it, you can contact the seller of your device.

Your hardware is Not the problem. The problem is the software inside your hardware that is not standard. In the page linked abobe Google explain well what an input device must have to be android compatible. And DroidMote is 100% android compatible. If you have doubts about this I can help you to understand but I can't help you to correct problems of your device.

If you want you can compile by yourself a standard android rom for your mk918 following this link http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/12/31/ ... 18-and-a9/

I compiled two for T428 and Minix X7 and this source is very close to aosp. The above video with android 4.4.2, touchmouse and Dead Trigger 2 is my rom compiled with this source code.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
bbdroidas

Post by bbdroidas »

Hi again,

I do not want a refund. I think your software is usefull in gaming and thus I am willing to invest time to make it work on my device. If we manage to solve this problem, then this will help a lot of people that do no know anything about flashing and chaging the operating system.

Do you have or heard of a program to report the touches as (X,Y) coordinates as well as the button presses? Perhaps the touches that are being sent by the client are not recognized. I can imagine that a test application which just report what is given as input, is something that either you would have deloped during the development of the server, or it is very easy for you to do it, just to help debugging.

As for the kitkat sources, can you pinpoint me to a build process tutorial? I download them to a linux, and compile them? Any parameters that I should check? What packages should this box carry (perhaps arm cross compiler?). I have never compiled an android source but why not try to do it.

I can imagine that by tweaking some settings in a file somewhere, would make the droidmote operate smoothly on MK918. If I were on linux, I would use the strace utility to check all the files that the server opens and reads on the device, and then check every one of these files on the working rom, with mine.

B
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

The problem is only one, that when you buy you look only the lower price. Of this chinese rk3188 there are many clones with bad hardware and software inside.

The next time read on forums before buy, this is my rude but sincere suggestion. Sorry.

I can't help you because i don't know your device but more specifically the software that it have inside.

To see where you touch go in developer options settings and check "Show touches" All android device have this option under development settings.

I repeat your problem should be the little hand that was added and that is not standard android thing. If you understand what show this little hand you can solve the problem.

I suggest also a factory reset, can be a tool that you have installed
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
bbdroidas

Post by bbdroidas »

I did a factory reset but nothing happened.

Searching the ...... forum I found out that there is a specific module called
touch.ko
which supports the Virtual Touchscreen.

Can you please check on a device that droidmote works ok, if this module appears on the lsmod,
and if it does appear, can you please send me the touch.ko for the android 4.2.2 rk3188?

the file touch.ko is located at /system/lib/modules

I think we are very close to solving this..
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

This file is not necessary and can be one of the cause of your problems.
I not have it and is not present in all my devices and firmware.

If you see HID_MULTITOUCH from lsmod try to remove it. Can be the problem.

Post to me the link of your stock firmware i will see what have inside.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I found your stock firmware from myself and i I studied on it.

This time the Chinese have outdone themselves, they completely ruined and changed the input subsystem of Android.

I confirm your firmware is not original Android but a chinese subspecies.

I suggest to extract the kernel and install a good custom firmware.

BUT To solve and have DroidMote working also on your bad firmware:

download this file http://d-h.st/ZJf
inside you find two files libinput.so and framework-res.apk

copy libinput.so in /system/lib
copy framework-res.apk /system/framework

reboot
uninstall completly DroidMote and reinstall

please share this information with all, this is valid for all latest stock 4.2.2 chinese firmware for rk3188

I refer to the latest firmware 4.2.2 with this launcher:

bbdroidas

Post by bbdroidas »

I replaced the two files, but after doing my launcher screen dissapear (black) and on the next reboot I cannot see anything.
Initally it starts with "Google TV" but after this black screen and nothing is visible.

I pressed the recovery button, the recovery menu appeared, I did a factory reset, but again I see this black screen and nothing else. No mouse pointer, no icons, nothing..just black.

Are you sure that these files are for RK3188 4.2.2? Do they have some more dependencies?

Have you downloaded the file MK918软件.rar which on the freaktab forum they report that this is the stock rom for my tablet?

This rar holds a file 918update.img.
How you personally flash rom images to your Tv boxes? with the tool rkflashkit? Is it reliable?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

i tested it and it work for me.

you can get your stock firmware from this link. read the section mk918

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/20 ... vjmEbQiojo

you find all informations on geekbuying blog to reinstall the stock firmware with Rockchip Batch Tool.

i tested two times the procedure of replace the two file and it work for me. i tested it on a device like your with the bad little hand cursor.

i'm super sure and i can record also a video of before and after.

if you replace only the libinput.so you have the original android input system (touchmouse and gamepad2touch work) but you can still see the little hand cursor.

if you replace also the framework-res.apk you remove also the little hand cursor.

the next time try first only swap the libinput.so and when you see the result you can also swap the second file.

i copied the two files with adb, (adb wireless on the rk3188 device) i think you had file permissions problems. the new file must have the same permissions of old replaced files.

p.s.
attach an hardware mouse and move it to make your screen visible.
bbdroidas

Re: TankHero Custom TouchProfile Problem - FIXED!

Post by bbdroidas »

Yes you were right.

I re-flashed the system partition from my backup, and I copied both files, but I also did a
chmod 755 XXXX
in order to make both files readable by everyone.

Now I can play tank hero with droidmote. I will post your solution to the freak forum.

By the way I posted a small suggestion at

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20&p=2619#p2619

I will add more suggestions as I use it.