TankHero Custom TouchProfile Problem

Sharing of touch profiles for games and apps according to screen resolution
bbdroidas

TankHero Custom TouchProfile Problem

Post by bbdroidas »

Hi,

I bought the droidmote server for android and I am trying to learn how it is working.
I have created a touch profile for the game Tank Hero (which is attached to this post), on my android phone I have enabled the Gamepad2Touch and selected this touch profile, on the game I have selected as input the Dual Virtual DPADS, on my android tv set box connected to my television I can see little finders as I touch my android mobile phone, but the tank does not move or fire.

Can you please tell me what is wrong? Have I created the touch profile OK?

Until now, only the mouse setting on the droimote client works ok. I am trying to use the gamepad with no success.

My set top box is a RK quad core.

thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: TankHero Custom TouchProfile Problem

Post by zulu99 »

I tested your touch profile and it have inside not correct position of button and sticks.

If you share your screenshot i can help you to create one and explain you how to create a new one.

What you use to create the touch profile, the free windows tool or the android tool ?

Do you have the last client and last server ?

Update:
Is strange because also if your touch profile is not precise specially for the right stick mapping, i can use it to move and fire. Do you have all configurarions files in the server device as explained in the first lines of this page https://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm ?
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
bbdroidas

Post by bbdroidas »

Hi again,

It seems that only the mouse works OK, because I tried DEAD TRIGGER and I was not able to control it (no movement).

I manually deleted (rm) the layout and other droidmote files from the /system, removed the droidmote server,
reinstalled the droidmote server, verified that all files that the FAQ lists are in their respective possition and tried again
with no success.

My device is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quad-Android-1- ... tput-HI718

Re-flashing the device is not an option, because I have already more than hundred games and applications which work fine. Only the droidmote server seems that misbehave.

I am an experienced linux user, so feel free to tell me advanced shell commands and scripts to test on my device.

The client was tested on two mobiles android 2.1 and one tablet 4. In all cases, the android set top box did not respond.

Only the first tab [mouse] and the shortcuts (home,back,scroll,keyboard] of this tab work OK.

Thank you in advance, and I think this program has many potential.

(could the key mappings be wrong for my device?)

BD
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I'm talking about the last DEAD TRIGGER 2 that i know well. and i tested in a device like your. rk3188

be sure to have the last client and the last server. and all configuration files that the server install at first start. (read my post above)

DEAD TRIGGER 2 support external controller, you NOT need a touchprofile.

be sure that gamepad2touch was disabled (gamepad2touch is for touch profiles). with this disabled droidmote client work like a real hardware controller.

in DEAD TRIGGER 2 go in the option menu to customize controllers click on a button and assign the relative droidmote button. like in the screenshot below.

in some games like DEAD TRIGGER 2 you must configure the gamepad / controller.

BUT ATTENTION: in DEAD TRIGGER 2 the mouse, also a real hardware mouse, not work on buttons. to navigate in game menu enable the touchmouse and select a generic touch profile in droidmote client settings (you can select also the touch profile that you have created for Tank HERO) The necessary information inside the generic touchprofile to have the touchmouse working are only screen dimention in your case 1280x720 and orientation in your case 0

If you want try something more simple, without initial configuration, you can try asphalt 8 but also many other games with controller support. (droidmote in default mode, no gamepad2touch active)

With droidmote in default controller mode, if you move the left stick, you can move also on the icon of the android launcher. (This is a good test to see if the controller mode work)

instead, to test touch profiles in some games:
enable gamepad2touch load your touch profile and in android settings unders the development option select show touch.
in this way when you use the droidmote gamepad in gamepad2touch mode, you can see where the touch are.

let me know.

i have many rk3188 devices and on all the server work very well. in this video playlist (last videos) you can see me in action with some rk3188 devices:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2E8D73B9D757086B

read also this page https://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
bbdroidas

Post by bbdroidas »

Hi again,

I have read all the faq twich, but I still face problems. On the "Dead Trigger 2", I am stuck on the first screen "play / sign in" and nothing happens if I press any visible button with my usb mouse.

The aspalt 8 is 1.60GB big and it is still downloading.

Have you tried the droidmote server on a MK888B (which I think is what I have) with a stock firmware?Does it work ok?

I have read that you upload custom firmware, but this is a dangerous process because it may brick your box. Why chinese firmware is not compatible with droidmote server? Does it have missing files/configurations/modules ?

Do you have the md5 hashes of the files installed by droidmote server latest (keymaps,inputs and other), to
check that my installed files are ok?

Any small size android game to test the inputs (as a hardware emulation)?

Thankx again,
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

bbdroidas wrote:Hi again,

I have read all the faq twich, but I still face problems. On the "Dead Trigger 2", I am stuck on the first screen "play / sign in" and nothing happens if I press any visible button with my usb mouse.

The aspalt 8 is 1.60GB big and it is still downloading.

Have you tried the droidmote server on a MK888B (which I think is what I have) with a stock firmware?Does it work ok?

I have read that you upload custom firmware, but this is a dangerous process because it may brick your box. Why chinese firmware is not compatible with droidmote server? Does it have missing files/configurations/modules ?

Do you have the md5 hashes of the files installed by droidmote server latest (keymaps,inputs and other), to
check that my installed files are ok?

Any small size android game to test the inputs (as a hardware emulation)?

Thankx again,
have you read my post ? have you read that when you are in DEAD TRIGGER 2 you must use the touchmouse because on DEAD TRIGGER the mouse not work, also a normal hardware mouse ?

I tryed droidmote server and client in all rk3066 and rk3188 stock and custom firmware and in all work.

In many games in android you can't use the mouse to click on button, for this reason you have also the touchmouse in droidmote.

to test if the controller work, without any game, disable gampad2touch in client settings and move the left stick of the gamepad. you should move on the launcher icons.

Whatch this video from 4:09 i'm playing with droidmote and the server device is an rk3188 (look the red cursor on play of DEAD TRIGGER 2 is the touchmouse)

bbdroidas

Post by bbdroidas »

I have done your suggestions and nothing happened.

See the video:
(it will be available until 22/2/2014)
http://quickshare.noc.uowm.gr/files/139 ... 221012.3gp

you will see that I have all required files for the server, I use touchmouse, you can see the red dot
and a small hand that is visible on the screen when I press the touch mouse. Still nothing happens.

Also, I verified that (I use the left stick to move on different launcher icons).
"to test if the controller work, without any game, disable gampad2touch in client settings and move the left stick of the gamepad. you should move on the launcher icons."

Is droidmote server compatible with RK3188 android version 4.2.2 ? Do you know that adroidmote server works on on stock firmware MK888B?

I am all ears for your next experiment.

Thankx.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Is your screen size 1280x720 ? take a screenshot to check the dimensions.
If your screen is 1280x720 your touch profile have inside same dimensions ?

If the touch profile have different dimensions of your server screen you touch in other place.

Yes i have tested the server on all stock firmware for rk3188 that i know very well.
On stock firmware you can have problem only with the center button of second tab but can be solved reading other thread of this forum.

It is very strange. And i not know what is the little hand over the red cursor. For sure not something related to a standard Android rom.
bbdroidas

Post by bbdroidas »

HI,

I am still facing problems.
I have posted my problem on the ...... and I have asked to verify if there is such a problem.

The resolution is 1920x1080p60 as you can see in the attached image.

The red dot is the touch mouse, and when I press the button (on the client) then there is a visible hand that shows
that a touch action has occured. In any case nothing happens (the touch action is ignored).

I am waiting for somebody in the above forum to report if the droimode server works OK or not on this specific device
(which unfortunattely does not have a custom rom with full support for everything--wifi,ethernet,bluetooth--).

On the other hand I can give you remote access to test both the client and the server on my pc.
I can port forward VNC so you can have a first hand look of that happens on the screen , and also I can port forward the
droidmote port, so you can use your own mobile client to connect via the Internet on my box and see firsthand the
major malfunction. What do you think of my idea?

BD
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

If your server screen dimension is 1920x1080
your problem is that the touchprofile is not correct.

Infact the touchprofile posted by you in first post have inside dimensions 1280x720. ERROR because your screen dimension is different, is 1920x1080.

This explain why you can move the touchmouse but you can't click.

Correct your touch profile to solve if your server screen dimensions are 1920x1080.

To make a good screenshot in your server device you can use the internal tool that show camera on status bar. Enable it from settings of your device. You can use also other tools to take screenshot the important fact is that your screenshot size have the same size of your server device. This is valid also for games in wich you want create touchprofile.

Attention: you can know the real dimensions of your screen with a screenshot or with a dedicated tool from google play. What you select in your rk3188 device from settings is a fake switch. Usually rk3188 with stock rom have screen dimension 1280x720 but with a custom kernel you can have also 1920x1080.

I don't know what is the real size of your device.

I can't connect to your device but in next hour i can post to you two good touch profiles. One for 1920x1080 and another for 1280x720.

I have many many rk3188 devices. And in all the server work very well. With this words i'm not saying that you are in error, but is also possible that your rom / firmware have problems or is not well developed.

Is not necessary that i connect to your device, if it work must work with touchprofiles atteched below.

The little hand when you touch is not a standard android thing. I think this is the problem but with a standard android firmware all will work.

If you have another rooted android device with android version > 4 install the server on it to try how droidmote work on it and see the differences.

A suggestion for all:
When you buy an android device from a not well know Chinese brand, be sure, reading on forums, that it have inside standard android firmware. The chinese market is very different from european, usa and other parts of the world. The chinese market not take care of all standard android api because in china you can not even buy from google play and many things not standard are added to try to solve this problem. But many things added to android rom will ruin the standard imposed by google and that are necessary for correct functionality of Android.