Do I need a profile?

Sharing of touch profiles for games and apps according to screen resolution
jbejm

Do I need a profile?

Post by jbejm »

Hi everyone. I just got the Droidmote for Android and tried to play THE ROOM on me Minix Neo x7. The problem was that I could not move the object in any direction.
Mouse movement works fine and I could start the game but that's how far I got.
Thanks in advance.

The Room
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... os.TheRoom
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Do I need a profile?

Post by zulu99 »

jbejm wrote:Hi everyone. I just got the Droidmote for Android and tried to play THE ROOM on me Minix Neo x7. The problem was that I could not move the object in any direction.
Mouse movement works fine and I could start the game but that's how far I got.
Thanks in advance.

The Room
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... os.TheRoom
If a game support a controller you don't need a touch profile.
If a game not support a controller you must create a touch profile.

But i think that your game (i'm not sure because i don't tested it) is a point and click but not support a standard mouse. In this case you can use the touchmouse.
To use the touchmouse from client setting you need a generic touchprofile like one of the two attached. Attention the screen size is your real screen size and not the fake settings that you have on your minix x7 to switch screen size. To check the real screen size take a screenshot with the internal app and read the image dimention with a tool like es file explorer. By default, without custom kernel, in minix x7 is 1280x720.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
jbejm

Post by jbejm »

OK, I will try this Evenning.
Will let you know

Thanks
jbejm

Post by jbejm »

Well I tried last night and it works but this game also needs Zoom out which is two fingers. This game has that to zoom in you just double tap on screen but zoom out you need two fingers.
So I wonder if this could be done?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

jbejm wrote:Well I tried last night and it works but this game also needs Zoom out which is two fingers. This game has that to zoom in you just double tap on screen but zoom out you need two fingers.
So I wonder if this could be done?
You can add zoom functionality with a srandard touch profile. Map the left and right sticks on two point of the screen. When you have your new touchprofile loaded, for zoom in and out move together the left and right stick on the gamepad.

Instead with the touchmouse you can do all other actions.

You need this special configuration because the developer not added the pointer support, otherwise you can do all only with touchpad. Also zoom in and out.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
jbejm

Post by jbejm »

OK, I will play with this.
Thanks