Sharing of touch profiles for games and apps according to screen resolution
angrybird.go

Angry Bird GO! - Tilt function

Post by angrybird.go »

hello Zulu and others,

i bought DroidMote server and installed it into Minix NEO 5,
it works fine, but my daughter want to play
ANGRY BIRD GO!

she wants to tilt phone(DroidMote client) in order to control game AngryBird GO!

but i dont know where to active this function in DroidMote server or client

Please give me some advices, thank you very much.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Angry Bird GO! - Tilt function

Post by zulu99 »

i will test it but in general, if i remember well Angry Bird GO support external controllers.

to move the Angry Bird with the accelerometer, you should create a custom keylayout file.

if you are able to move with the left stick of the software gamepad, you can swap the axis in the file droidmote.kl

try this:

from the server device in the folder /system/usr/keylayout copy the droidmote.kl to the download folder of your server device.

rename it with a preferred name. example: angrybird.kl

edit angrybird.kl in the last part relative to the axis:

original keylayout droidmote.kl :

# Joystick and game controller axes.
# Axes that are not mapped will be assigned generic axis numbers by the input subsystem.
axis 0x00 X
axis 0x01 Y

axis 0x02 Z
axis 0x05 RZ

axis 0x03 LTRIGGER
axis 0x04 RTRIGGER

axis 0x10 HAT_X
axis 0x11 HAT_Y

your modified keylayout angrybird.kl:

# Joystick and game controller axes.
# Axes that are not mapped will be assigned generic axis numbers by the input subsystem.
axis 0x00 HAT_X
axis 0x01 HAT_Y

axis 0x02 Z
axis 0x05 RZ

axis 0x03 LTRIGGER
axis 0x04 RTRIGGER

axis 0x10 X
axis 0x11 Y

after customization save the angrybird.kl

go in droidmote server settings and load your angrybird.kl, disconnect and recoonect the client to apply the changes.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
angrybird.go

Post by angrybird.go »

HI Zulu,

thank for your time...

I tried it but it didnt work...

i dont see anywhere in AngryB GO setting for controllers...

I just do every thing you wrote... DroidMote server auttomatically recognize angrybirds.kl at download folder...
disconnect, reconnect dm client...

but it simply doesnt work the tilt.

Please could you give some screenshots? Many thankss
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I tested it and works.

use the attached keylayout in server side and don't forget to enable the accelerometer in the client settings.

In the game you need only set the default control mode (mode with hands when you use it in a phone with touchscreen), NOT the mode with accelerometer.

IN the game you can select two mode to control the game, or with hands or with accelerometer. you must select the mode with hands. in this mode also with the default droidmote.kl you can turn left and right the car with the left stick of soft controller. but when you load the attached custom keylayouit in the server you can turn left and right with accelerometer of the client. to return to the derfault droidmote.kl keylayout go in server settings click on change keylayout and select default.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto