How to... ? Nvidia Shield pad

Sharing of touch profiles for games and apps according to screen resolution
Franchuteman

How to... ? Nvidia Shield pad

Post by Franchuteman »

Hi. Im spanish. I dont know a lot english.

I have a 2015 Nvidia Shield TV and I installed Full Android Nougat for Shield TV v.1.2. I buyed Droidmote server, and Touch profile creator. Just I want to put Left arrow of the LEFT PAD to a button (left button in this case). And with right arrow the same. Like the image.

How can i make that?. Only i see for create a LEFT STICK/PAD. Thanks.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: How to... ? Nvidia Shield pad

Post by zulu99 »

Franchuteman wrote:Hi. Im spanish. I dont know a lot english.

I have a 2015 Nvidia Shield TV and I installed Full Android Nougat for Shield TV v.1.2. I buyed Droidmote server, and Touch profile creator. Just I want to put Left arrow of the LEFT PAD to a button (left button in this case). And with right arrow the same. Like the image.

With Touch Profile Creator, map the "Left stick-Dapad"
With the red circle you must cover the two arrows in the screenshot. The center of the red circle will be in the middle of the two arrows.

Attention, the screenshot must be of the original shield tv resolution.
For Shield TV the reslution is 1920x1080 threfore you screenshot must be 1920x1080
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Franchuteman

Post by Franchuteman »

Thanks. I will try it. :)
lowmotility

Post by lowmotility »

Hi Zulu.
I'm also having some issues with the nvidia shield.
on a fresh install nvidia shield (stock)
I've rooted.
Installed server
started server (successfully after accepting root access)
then started client.
ticked controller2touch, and loaded the Hitman Sniper profile.

while in the game, the scope moves, but no key shoots, and no key zooms in or out.

do you know what the problem might be?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

lowmotility wrote:Hi Zulu.
I'm also having some issues with the nvidia shield.
on a fresh install nvidia shield (stock)
I've rooted.
Installed server
started server (successfully after accepting root access)
then started client.
ticked controller2touch, and loaded the Hitman Sniper profile.

while in the game, the scope moves, but no key shoots, and no key zooms in or out.

do you know what the problem might be?
read this:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/103019026 ... skAQBCS9QK

You have Android TV, not full Android.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
lowmotility

Post by lowmotility »

Hi zulu.
I've loaded the module.
It does seem to have fixed multitouch, as i have managed to zoom in and out by using the two control sticks at the same time outwards and inwards.
however, I can't find which key shoots. somehow it started shooting repeatedly without my intervention too.
:?

BTW: in case someone wants to do this without modifying system via magisk
i wrote a little module

https://mega.nz/#!usBHRIQZ!5bWTDNctaZs7 ... _dZIPJ6OIo
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

lowmotility wrote:Hi zulu.
I've loaded the module.
It does seem to have fixed multitouch, as i have managed to zoom in and out by using the two control sticks at the same time outwards and inwards.
however, I can't find which key shoots. somehow it started shooting repeatedly without my intervention too.
:?

BTW: in case someone wants to do this without modifying system via magisk
i wrote a little module

https://mega.nz/#!usBHRIQZ!5bWTDNctaZs7 ... _dZIPJ6OIo
Usually i shot with circle button and with hardware controller right trigger. That in my mapings are the same.

Open my touch profile in the app touch profile creator to see the mapping. You can also adapt something for your phone / controller.
lowmotility

Post by lowmotility »

thanks, will try that..
Franchuteman

Post by Franchuteman »

zulu99 wrote:

With the red circle you must cover the two arrows in the screenshot. The center of the red circle will be in the middle of the two arrows.

For Shield TV the reslution is 1920x1080 threfore you screenshot must be 1920x1080
1.- I have tried and it does not work. I have also tested it with Traffic Rider and neither. The problem is that there is no deadlock (empty space) between the left and right buttons on the screen. Then it is impossible to configure correctly. And there are many games alike. Any solution?. Can you make an update in Touch Profile Creator to be able to pass the buttons of the pad or analog to buttons on the screen ?.
I leave you the games:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cing&hl=es
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... afficrider

2.- I have seen your gameplay of N.O.V.A. Legacy. How can you handle the view with the right stick? For me it is impossible in this type of games in general. I think the solution would be to put an option on the right stick in Touch Profile Creator so it would not have feedback. Because in these games the view are made so that you move your finger in one direction, not so that you put it back in the same position.

3.- I have the same problem with RUN games; For example with Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom. It is uncontrollable. Everything would be fixed if you would put in Touch Profile Creator new actions. Such as "sliding left", "sliding right", "sliding down", "sliding up".

4.- In Eternal Warriors 4 the left stick is not static. This generates many problems of manageability. I press left and my character goes to the left but when I stop pushing it turns to the right alone for 1 second. There are times when I am pressing up-right and my character is going down-right. I really like this game and I have also happened to other games the same. What can i do?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ewarriors4

5.- In some games that do not support mouse I can play with the control of nvidia shield changing with R1 the pointer from black to red but sometimes, to play complete games in this way, the experience is not pleasant, it is cumbersome. Can you create an option to make the mouse (change from black to red) compatible with games?

Cheers :)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Franchuteman wrote:
zulu99 wrote:

1.- I have tried and it does not work. I have also tested it with Traffic Rider and neither. The problem is that there is no deadlock (empty space) between the left and right buttons on the screen. Then it is impossible to configure correctly. And there are many games alike. Any solution?. Can you make an update in Touch Profile Creator to be able to pass the buttons of the pad or analog to buttons on the screen ?.
I leave you the games:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cing&hl=es
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... afficrider

2.- I have seen your gameplay of N.O.V.A. Legacy. How can you handle the view with the right stick? For me it is impossible in this type of games in general. I think the solution would be to put an option on the right stick in Touch Profile Creator so it would not have feedback. Because in these games the view are made so that you move your finger in one direction, not so that you put it back in the same position.

3.- I have the same problem with RUN games; For example with Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom. It is uncontrollable. Everything would be fixed if you would put in Touch Profile Creator new actions. Such as "sliding left", "sliding right", "sliding down", "sliding up".

4.- In Eternal Warriors 4 the left stick is not static. This generates many problems of manageability. I press left and my character goes to the left but when I stop pushing it turns to the right alone for 1 second. There are times when I am pressing up-right and my character is going down-right. I really like this game and I have also happened to other games the same. What can i do?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ewarriors4

5.- In some games that do not support mouse I can play with the control of nvidia shield changing with R1 the pointer from black to red but sometimes, to play complete games in this way, the experience is not pleasant, it is cumbersome. Can you create an option to make the mouse (change from black to red) compatible with games?

Cheers :)
I played most games that you mentioned without problems:

Traffic Rider:
https://youtu.be/G_pGquvKkFA

Sonic Dash 2:
https://youtu.be/mgXybLJ18sg

ETERNITY WARRIORS 4:
https://youtu.be/vjFpL1a2LBA

In the video description you will find the link for the touch profile made for the Controller on phone, not for an hardware controller.

If you want create a touch profile for the hardware controller, you must add some small changes.

With an hardware controller, usually for left and right stick mapping, you must use the relative mode and you must set deadzone and sensitivity. You can do this with Touch Profile Creator and solve almost all problems mentioned by you.

In this way you can play well with almost all games also with an hardware controller. Otherwise you can use the controller on phone that for multi touch games is better.

About the touch mouse, if a game not support the regular mouse ( black cursor ), you can use the touch mouse ( red cursor ), is easy switch between mouse and touch mouse, but usually you use the mouse / touch mouse just to press menu buttons or game options, inside the game you should use a touch profile. If instead the game is playable just with a mouse you can.