Two requests: stop long press scroll and delay adjust

Sharing of touch profiles for games and apps according to screen resolution
knoxbrder

Two requests: stop long press scroll and delay adjust

Post by knoxbrder »

Still loving the app!

Two requests for the touchmouse mode:
- a way to disable that long press turns on scroll; some games want you to hold the mouse and when scroll kicks in it doesn't play right
- a way to adjust the lag/rate of updates; in normal mouse mode things are fine, in touchmouse mode I think you may send to many events to fast and the cursor will often lag (but not always)

And I just thought of a third:
- any possible way to send tilt events so games like Temple Run work? I bet that is the hardest of these 3 requests. :-)

Thanks for reading!
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Two requests: stop long press scroll and delay adjust

Post by zulu99 »

I understand that you have not understood why there is touchmouse.

The touchmouse, only serves to click on game buttons that not respond to real mouse action, because the developer did not include support for real mouse.

To play the game that not support external controllers, you must create a touch profile.

the touchmouse only serves to simplify the creation of touch profile, otherwise you should also map the menu's buttons of the game, and this would become very inconvenient.

A little lag on touchmouse (that is not so important) can happen only if you have the wifi full or your device not have a good wifi module.

The accelerometer can be used on all games that support a real controller, Temle run not support real controller.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
knoxbrder

Post by knoxbrder »

Thanks for the answers.

- I understand about the accelerometer; oh well
- I will try to create a "real" touch profile tomorrow to see if that helps, but I don't need to click in fixed positions in the games I have tried
- however, I am using a "good" wifi device (galaxy camera and galaxy s2) to a wired ethernet device; and your mouse cursor doesn't pause or get jerky, just the touchmouse cursor; and there is lag when playing games, not to much, but it is there

** did you consider changing the long press via a setting?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

knoxbrder wrote:Thanks for the answers.

- I understand about the accelerometer; oh well
- I will try to create a "real" touch profile tomorrow to see if that helps, but I don't need to click in fixed positions in the games I have tried
- however, I am using a "good" wifi device (galaxy camera and galaxy s2) to a wired ethernet device; and your mouse cursor doesn't pause or get jerky, just the touchmouse cursor; and there is lag when playing games, not to much, but it is there

** did you consider changing the long press via a setting?
i repeat, you need touch profile to play a touch game, not touchmouse. Touchmouse is only to click on menu buttons that not support real mouse.
Touchmouse is a workaround not a simulated device like all the others.
with touch profile, you not only click in fixed position, but you can do all. swipe left right up down, left and right anolg sticks with absolute and relative position, deadzone, sensitivity etc...
Please get the "Touch Profile Creator App" try to create a touch profile and you understand by yourself. Attention to the ORIENTATION filed

but try samething different from Temple Run, temple run is a touch game that want the accelerometer.
the accelerometer can be used only in games that support real controller. you can also customize the accelerometer with the file droidmote.kl
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto