Help with axis sensitivity

Sharing of touch profiles for games and apps according to screen resolution
Temon

Help with axis sensitivity

Post by Temon »

Hi.

I was watching this video where droidmote is used to play Modern Combat 4 with a controller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM6W3Dq_ ... age#t=170s. The right stick in this video is moving left and right very smoothly. I created my own touchprofile for the game and I am using a PS 3 controller on my phone. Every button works as it should but my right stick movement is choppy. If I want to look to the right the screen moves for about half a second, stops half a second and then moves half a second again, stops half a second, moves half a second and so on, so it is not moving as smoothly as in the video. I tried to google this kind og setting and searching this forum, but I could not find anything on this subject. Anyone have any idea how I can get the right stick to move the screen as smoothly as in the video?

My information:

Droidmote server on a rooted MK808B with the latest firmware but stock kernel and rom. Installed busybox with latest update on it.
Droidmote client on a Galaxy S 3 with a connected PS 3 controller via usb to mini usb converter (original from Samsung)
I have not touched droidmote.kl since I figured out what every button was equal to my PS 3 controller.
I adjusted the sensitivity in game to max but that did not make a difference.

My button layout: http://i50.tinypic.com/20azy1c.png
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Help with axis sensitivity

Post by zulu99 »

for the right stick you must use the relative mode, and adjust the deadzone and sensitivity value in the touch profile.
for the left stick is good the normal mode.

attention also to the radius of circle.

my value with logitech f710 are radius="200" mode="relative" sensitivity="10" deadzone="10"

but can change with ps3 controller.

try to change the values ​​and you will surely find your favorite combination

p.s.
after seeing your picture:

you are completely wrong to place the right stick. you must use relative mode, biggest radius and adjust deadzone and sensitivity. use the app "Touch Profile Creator" in the download section.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Temon

Post by Temon »

Thank you very much for your help! I tested as you said with radius set to 200 with mode relative. I also adjuset the sensitivity to 10 and then deadzone to 10 and now it works as it was an original PS 3 game. Again thank you very much for your help! :D
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Please people, if you like DroidMote, help me with google play comments.

Some persons for revenge make negative vote.

do not let these incompetent can ruin a work so good.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Sumiron

Post by Sumiron »

I like DroidMote I played this game a lot.
on google play store comments I have given multiple thumbs up to the helpful button of Videomap
Let me know if it helps or anything more we can do
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Sumiron wrote:I like DroidMote I played this game a lot.
on google play store comments I have given multiple thumbs up to the helpful button of Videomap
Let me know if it helps or anything more we can do
Many thanks, i need support on this front to continue my development. It's not simple today have an app that require root permissions and we suffer many Google power abuses if we think different. With apps and with firmwares.

Thanks.
Violation2017

Post by Violation2017 »

I think this thread was exactly what I was looking for, trying to create a profile for a new survival game (The Outlived) everything works for me but the left joystick, it moves and stops just like the guy mention previously, the joystick in game is like all over the place / screen in game. So now I know i need to experiment with relative and the deadzone/sensitivity thank you Zulu.
Violation2017

Post by Violation2017 »

this definitely helped, been playing with the settings for a while, set the radius to 200 for this game, deadzone is at 20 i think sensitivity at 1 still kinda quirky but best i can get it set at atm. I have talked with the game developers since this is like early early beta still version 1.0 of the game and asked them to possibly look into adjusting the games in game left joystick controls or sensitivity. Lets hope they fix it on their end in the future.