Re: Hot to create a Touch Profile

Sharing of touch profiles for games and apps according to screen resolution
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

denn1 wrote:Thank you for answer.
I made touch profile for NFS Most Wanted. This way, I control virtual steering wheel via left stick of soft pad in Droidmote.
In xml file I see:
<left-stick x="128" y="635" radius="123" mode="normal" sensitivity="0" deadzone="1"></left-stick>
That's OK.

But why your Touch Profile Creator is not able to assign accelerometer?
For example:
<accelerometer x="128" y="635" radius="123" mode="normal" sensitivity="0" deadzone="1"></accelerometer>

If you will add this function in next version of Droidmote, this will be great. Then we will be able to play all games with accelerometer, even if they don't support hardware controller.
Because the accelerometer to simulate touch events is not good ( already tested ) and in android not exist the device type "external accelerometer"
without modify the android source code. Android and all other OS know mouse ,keyboard, touch screen, multitouch touchpad, controllers, but not external accelerometer. The accelerometer is something that must be internal because of its high sensitivity.
The best way to have something usable is to send accelerometer events as controller events. In this way you can use the acelerometer also in games that was not made specifically for the accelerometer but that have the external controller support.

Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
denn1

Post by denn1 »

zulu99 wrote:Because the accelerometer to simulate touch events is not good ( already tested )
Dear, thank you for discussion. My question exactly about simulation touch events via accelerometer.
I really don't understand, why it is not good? Can you tell more information about this?
maianh

Post by maianh »

zulu99 wrote:Now everything is easier and faster with Touch Profile Creator for Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videomap.tpc

Thanks you for sharing. I like it