Keyboard multiple entries

Customizing and remapping of the default key, buttons and axis of DroidMote Server for Android, usefull for Android Games with Gamepad Support
DarrenNewsgroup

Keyboard multiple entries

Post by DarrenNewsgroup »

I have a T-R42 Android tv box (rk3188) with the latest droidmote server, wasser 1.0.4 ROM 4.4.2, which contains eHomeMediaCenter 2.2.0_140224 and RKGameControlSetting, language is UK English, default keyboard is English(US) -Android keyboard(AOSP), physical keyboard droidmote English(US)-Android keyboard.

I am using my mobile phone LG G4 H815 with latest droidmote client, Swype keyboard.

When I go to Google on server and use client keyboard (6th icon on client main screen) and enter the letters G M A I L what I get on the server is GGMGMAGMAIGMAIL. I get the same effect using the default Google keyboard on the client so I don't think it is a Swype keyboard issue.

Can you tell me what is wrong and how to fix it please.
Darren
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard multiple entries

Post by zulu99 »

You must be sure to have last client and last server, check again. Please use the Google keyboard for tests.

Using the Google keyboard.

I have last client on galaxy s6 and last server on many android tv boxes
I can't reproduce the problem.

I installed the client also on nexus 7, others samsung phones and a chinese tablet, but i can't reproduce the problem.

Can you test the client on another device ? In this way i will understand if the problem is on the LG phone.

What Android version do you have on LG phone ?

On the swype keyboard, i confirm the problem, but on many others keyboard i can't reproduce it. I tested Google keyboard, samsung keyboard, swiftkey keyboard, hacker keyboatd, and some others.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
DarrenNewsgroup

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am away from home at the moment so I will test when I get back. I had the latest versions on both server (Android tv box) and LG G4 phone. I notice there is a new client today.

The LG G4 is using a custom ROM but is just the LG firmware debloated, rooted.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

DarrenNewsgroup wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

I am away from home at the moment so I will test when I get back. I had the latest versions on both server (Android tv box) and LG G4 phone. I notice there is a new client today.

The LG G4 is using a custom ROM but is just the LG firmware debloated, rooted.
swype keyboard have this problem, but all others major keyboard included Google keyboard no.
i checked many times with many devices.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
DarrenNewsgroup

I am back home, made sure all apps were updated and checked again. It now works with swype keyboard. I enter G M A I L and that is all I get, not G G M G M A etc. I also notice that the enter key on the keyboard seems to work as does the enter key on the second tab of the client, I.e. The centre key in the middle of the arrow keys.

Brilliant, thanks.

One other question...when I start my client it shows the ip address of my phone but obviously I can't connect to my phone as it is a client only. I then press search and I get the ip address of the server. Not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it.

Darren
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

DarrenNewsgroup wrote:I am back home, made sure all apps were updated and checked again. It now works with swype keyboard. I enter G M A I L and that is all I get, not G G M G M A etc. I also notice that the enter key on the keyboard seems to work as does the enter key on the second tab of the client, I.e. The centre key in the middle of the arrow keys.

Brilliant, thanks.

One other question...when I start my client it shows the ip address of my phone but obviously I can't connect to my phone as it is a client only. I then press search and I get the ip address of the server. Not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it.

Darren
In the connection dialog, you should see only the ip adderess that you used in previous connections. Like a fast selection in case the ip not changed.
If you press serarch you can find the ip address of servers active in lan.

i don't understand how you can see the the ip of your client device. However, to delete an ip, long press on the ip and click delete.

If you have the client and the server installed on same device,
with the address 127.0.0.1, you can connect also the client and the server on the same device. Enablig droidmoteIME from language & input android settings, you can put the client in background and use also an hardware controller to play touch-only games.

https://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm
DarrenNewsgroup

Thanks for that explanation about the IP addresses. I had client and server on my old phone once and I guess Google backup of app/data copied that setting to my new phone. I've long pressed the IP addresses and deleted them so they don't appear again. Thanks that solved my problem.
Darren