DroidMote Default Keylayout

Customizing and remapping of the default key, buttons and axis of DroidMote Server for Android, usefull for Android Games with Gamepad Support
zulu99
Site Admin

DroidMote Default Keylayout

Post by zulu99 »

This is the default keylayout installed by DroidMote Server at first installation on Android version > 3.0
It is understood that this file is installed or modified in the server device.
You can change this with a customized one.

Apart the default keyboard key action, i want show you how the gamepad axis are mapped, to understand how customize this.

# Joystick and game controller axes.
# Axes that are not mapped will be assigned generic axis numbers by the input subsystem.
axis 0x00 X
axis 0x01 Y
axis 0x02 Z
axis 0x05 RZ
# axis 0x10 HAT_X
axis 0x10 split 0x00 LTRIGGER RTRIGGER
axis 0x11 HAT_Y

In the string "axis 0x00 X", "axis 0x00" is the field that indicate the axis in question, "X" is the default action for that axis.

In DroidMote:
axis 0x00 and axis 0x01 are the axis of the left stick
axis 0x02 and axis 0x05 are the axis of the right stick
axis 0x10 and axis 0x11 are the axis of the accelerometer

Now you can also create and share your custom keylayout for same games that require special configuration.
For every game you can open a new topic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
conorkickass

Re: [LIST] Android Games with Gamepad support

Post by conorkickass »

I've been trying to get this to work:
Server on an MK802 running Uberoid
Client on a rooted Nexus 7 running Cyanogenmod 10

I'm using the keylayout specified at the bottom of this link.

When I play Grand Theft Auto 3, the axis do not work. Only the directional "buttons" work on the left analogue stick, but the stick itself does not work and the right does nothing. Is there another app or something I need to download to have GTA3 recognize the virtual controller?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [LIST] Android Games with Gamepad support

Post by zulu99 »

conorkickass wrote:I've been trying to get this to work:
Server on an MK802 running Uberoid
Client on a rooted Nexus 7 running Cyanogenmod 10

I'm using the keylayout specified at the bottom of this link.

When I play Grand Theft Auto 3, the axis do not work. Only the directional "buttons" work on the left analogue stick, but the stick itself does not work and the right does nothing. Is there another app or something I need to download to have GTA3 recognize the virtual controller?
Because Uberoid is not a good rom.
I say this one million time, on mk802 to have all Android futures working, or install the rev1 firmware with uinput inside
https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/60

or install CyanogenMod 10 from this link:
https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/d ... al-storage
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto