FPse

Customizing and remapping of the default key, buttons and axis of DroidMote Server for Android, usefull for Android Games with Gamepad Support
drop.of.peace

FPse

Post by drop.of.peace »

Hello there,
I see a few disadvantages when i use FPse with DroidMote.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lator.fpse

I need a Gamepad Layout like the one of a Sixaxis Controller:
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17mvrfm ... iginal.jpg

The first things I miss is the L1, L2, R1, R2 Button in your controller. It's okay to use A B X Y, but then I miss the start and select button, so it's a horrible feeling.
The second thing is when I play xenogears iIcan't run and jump at the same time, for this I need to press the direction key and two buttons of the right side, but i only can press one at the same time on a multitouch device. so its impossible to play this game, if you won't loos other keys on multi mapping.

The best thing would be, if I can create my own controller client with Button images and key mappings on the client. it should look like this:
sixaxis gamepad.png
I think a button in the settings to switch between digital and analog stick would be a big thing greater than the combo of both.
The Multibuttons should be able to be mapped to the multi buttons in fpse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: FPse

Post by zulu99 »

I moved this topic from touch profiles to this Gamepad customization for DroidMote Server for Android.

Infact i think you are speaking of the gamepad mode customization and not touch profiles. (there is a big difference)

All the best emulators, support a real gamepad, you not need touch profile for playing with it, but you can use droidmote client in the default gamepad simulation mode.

In this mode, as is written in all part of this forum, you can customize all buttons that you can see on the gamepad tab.

the customization is made by editing the default droidmote.kl that you can find in the server side under folder /system/usr/keylayout

all arrows on the left stick can became real gamepad buttons if you go in settings and check "arrow to buttons"

you have also two extra buttons on volume + volume -

via the droidmote.kl you can modify also the axis, axis of left stick, axis of right stick and axis of accelerometer.

look this topic to understand ho to customize the droidmote.kl viewtopic.php?f=14&t=172

when you have created a new .kl file, you can store it in your download folder and use it when you want, is simple, go in droidmote server setting and select keylayout, you can see the new created by you.

you can do all with DroidMote, not need change gui of gamepad as suggested by you.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto