'Circle' Button on Xperia Play

Customizing and remapping of the default key, buttons and axis of DroidMote Server for Android, usefull for Android Games with Gamepad Support
gregbeal

'Circle' Button on Xperia Play

Post by gregbeal »

Is there any way to make it so the circle button does not act as the back button? Whenever I try to map the buttons on an emulator it just backs out of the menu, but all the rest of the buttons map fine. Sometimes it maps, but in game the button acts like the back button bringing up the save or quit prompt.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: 'Circle' Button on Xperia Play

Post by zulu99 »

try in this mode editing the /system/usr/keychar/droidmote.kcm file

in this file when you see the line ### Non-printing keys ### add this:

key BACK {
base: fallback BACK
alt, meta: fallback BUTTON_Z
ctrl: fallback BACK
}

Circle button in xperia play send ALT + 158 (158 is BACK) for this reason you modify the key BACK in droidmote.kcm
in your case we assign ALT +BACK to BUTTON_Z (you can use also another button)

you can edit this file on windows, after edit replace the original, but ATTENTION be sure to assign 777 permissions to the new created file otherwise not work.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
gregbeal

Post by gregbeal »

Thank you, Ill try this when I get home and let you know how it goes.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

from the last version 3.2.5 of DroidMote Client you not need change the droidmote.kcm for circle button.

i have added also the support for analog dpad of xperia play.

you can forward analog dpad and buttons to droidmote server, in this mode you can play with your physical buttons to the remote game.

for all with xperia play, let me know if all work.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto