Accelerometer as left stick of controller

Customizing and remapping of the default key, buttons and axis of DroidMote Server for Android, usefull for Android Games with Gamepad Support
zulu99
Site Admin

Accelerometer as left stick of controller

Post by zulu99 »

For all Android games that accept an external controller, in wich you can use the left stick of the soft gamepad of DroidMote, you can use the keylayout in attachment to utilize the accelerometer as left stick.

1) download the keylayout in the attachment

2) put it in the internal sdcard of your device with DroidMote Server for Android inside

3) go in DroidMote Server settings and click on "Change keylayout" and select acc-as-left-stick

4) Disconnect and connect again the Client. For apply the change.

5) go in DroidMote Client go in settings and enable the accelerometer.

6) switch on the gamepad tab of DroidMote Client and play with the game with the accelerometer of your phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
cthulu

Re: Accelerometer as left stick of controller

Post by cthulu »

Hi,
so this may allow us to play Need For Speed Most Wanted using accelerometer? I've tried it but can't get it working. Currently I am using just standard gamepad with "generic menu" touch profile, which is far from ideal (understand: unplayable). I don't know if there are better ways to achieve this...
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

cthulu wrote:Hi,
so this may allow us to play Need For Speed Most Wanted using accelerometer? I've tried it but can't get it working. Currently I am using just standard gamepad with "generic menu" touch profile, which is far from ideal (understand: unplayable). I don't know if there are better ways to achieve this...
Need for speed most wanted don't support external controllers.

For this game, you must disable the guide with accelerometer, enable the touch mode and create your personal touch profile.

Your personal touch profile or for soft gamepad of droidmote or if you prefer a touch profile for your hardware controller.

Is simple and you can play well.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
pdrharris

Post by pdrharris »

Hello,
I would love to use the accelerometer as a left stick. I downloaded your default file from elsewhere on the forum and edited it. I can select it on the server but, for whatever reason, it isn't allowing me to use the accelerometer as the left stick. Do you have the file that was posted here available anymore? Thank you.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

pdrharris wrote:Hello,
I would love to use the accelerometer as a left stick. I downloaded your default file from elsewhere on the forum and edited it. I can select it on the server but, for whatever reason, it isn't allowing me to use the accelerometer as the left stick. Do you have the file that was posted here available anymore? Thank you.
I updated the first post with the right keylayout

1) download the keylayout in the attachment

2) put it in the Download folder of your device with DroidMote Server for Android installed

3) go in DroidMote Server settings and click on "Change keylayout" and select accelerometer-as-left-stick

4) Disconnect and connect again the Client. For apply the change.

5) go in DroidMote Client go in settings and enable the accelerometer.

6) switch on the gamepad tab of DroidMote Client and play with the game with the accelerometer of your phone.