languages in device running server ug802

Customizing and remapping of the default key, buttons and axis of DroidMote Server for Android, usefull for Android Games with Gamepad Support
dimpapadop

languages in device running server ug802

Post by dimpapadop »

hallo, i'd like to ask if i can switch languages to the device running the server from my phone.

1. Is only english is available?

2. Is there a way to implement the F1 key? (i use external keyboard, so when i press F1 it switches to Greek/English)
when i press the F1 key from the keyboard, i can write Greek, so how can i assign a key to F1 or is there one?

3. Is there a way to do all the language myself?

regards
Dimitrios
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: languages in device running server ug802

Post by zulu99 »

DroidMote for now support only English / US keyboard language.

This, because I use in the DroidMote Client old SDK that must be compatible with all devices, also with a little phone with old Android versions.

If you want write not Latin characters, you can use the software remote keyboard and type with the mouse.

If you want enable the software keyboard on the remote device when DroidMote is connected, in all standard Android ROM and in all ROM derived from standard Android source code, you can go in settings / language and inputs / Default , long press on Default and turn off phisical keyboard. In alternative, you can enable the software keyboard, when you are in a text box, clicking on the little keyboard icon that show in the status bar and turn off phisical keyboard.

But attention, UG802 not have a good stock ROM, if I remember well, you can do this only if you have inside UG802 a serious ROM like CyanogenMod.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
dimpapadop

Post by dimpapadop »

ok, the other question is how do i implement a F1 press?

i tried to assign F1 (code 131) in gamepads buttons but not worked.

i tried for example

key 304 F1
and
key 304 131

none of them worked.

(when i am pressing F1 in the phisical keyboard, that changes language to greek, i can type greek from droidclient from us keyboard, so, i really need you to tell me how i can implement a F1 keypressed assigned to ANY key please)
dimpapadop

Post by dimpapadop »

one more question is, i just bought today the droidmote server.

In new versions shall i pay again or not?
and if i change firmware will it work ok?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Not assign F1 to a gamepad button, but only to see if work, assign it to a keyboard key.
For example assign the F1 to the character a
(this because you want use a phisical keyboard instead if you want use only DroidMote Client buttons, you can assign also to the gamepad button or others buttons)

key 30 F1

Attention replace key 30 and not add a new key 30 otherwise it not work.

If this work, you can select another keyboard character instead of character a

I think you problem is that you have write inside the droidmote.kl two time the same gamepad key.
The android key layouts files also with a little error not work, is case sensitive and not accept duplicate key.

For the second question, when you buy an app all updates are free and work with other firmware.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
dimpapadop

Post by dimpapadop »

I did replace and not add new keys in the gamepad.

that's why i cannot understand why i cannot implement F1

i'lll try with character a
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I think i found your problem:

droidmote.kl already have inside the F1 mapped

key 59 F1

when you add key 304 F1 you have duplicate F1

to solve you must delete the line key 59 F1 and replace the default key 304 with your key 304 F1

The Android keylayouts files not accept duplicate of raw code (the numeric part) and of android keycode (the part with characters)

Now i suggest to get the default working droidmote.kl and edit it again, to be sure that there isn't errors in you actual droidmote.kl after all your not good changes.
dimpapadop

Post by dimpapadop »

thank you.
I'll definately try it! let's see.
But i'll bother you some more. hehehe

(A)
i see
key 59 F1
and
key 466 F1 FUNCTION

isn't that duplicate?
shall i comment # or delete both?
and shall i put F1 or the code 131 or u131?
- I hope you understand what i am trying to do.
1. I have an external keyboard with the app "external keyboard pro".
2. When i press F1 to my external keyboard i switch languages - i noticed that when i am on greek, droidmote keyboard can indeed write greek, under the keys that corresponds to greek letters like in the pc.
3. So i am trying to send F1 from the droidmote keyboard so i can switch languages from there and not use my external keyboard but my phone the times i have normal tasks to do.

(B)
I also cannot type some special characters like @ why is that?
how can that be done?

(C)
can i add more keys myself? like for example greek letters. (I see with keyevent display and other apps, that greek letters and some special characters # for example do not send nothing to the droidmote server.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I assume that you have "external keyboard pro" on the Server device, because the F1 is not a standard Android special function to change keyboard language but is a shortcut of your app.

DroidMote support also phisical keyboard, for example you can write with your phisical keyboard attached to th device with DroidMote Client inside to the remote device with DroidMote Server installed.

If you look this page http://developer.android.com/reference/ ... Event.html you must use F1 and not F1 FUNCTION.
the keyboard raw event or scancode of F1 is 59

All special chars and letters are working with the English / US keyboard in both client and server devices.
but you can use also not latin character if you modify the /system/usr/keychars/droidmote.kcm (look a default kcm for greek keyboard to understand how rapresent greek characters)

But in this last situation, you type on english letter on the client and on the remote device appear a greek letter customized by you in the droidmote.kl. If in DroidMote Client device you press a not latin character you not perform any action.

If in the remote device you have greek language on droidmote keyboard device and in the client have english keyboard, if you press on english character appear on the server side a respective greek character. (this only in jelly bean version of Android without modification of the default droidmote.kcm)

I can update to support also not latin character only when the Jelly bean version of Android is the minimum rom version for the 80% of android devices.
Only Jelly Bean have the managment of external keyboard with different languages. Older version of Android not have this, infact if you have the Server installed on Jelly Bean, when you connect DroidMote you see in Language and Input another device with the name droidmote. this is valid also for others real external keyboard.

My daily usage is this:
I use english keyboard and if i want not latin character i use the remote software keyboard. (this is the best mode because you can have both droidomte keyboard and android software keyboard in the server device)