Generic / Menu Touch Profile

This touch profiles can be used also in devices with the same screen size and form factor. The Orientation field depends on the orientation of your device relative to the landscape or portrait default orientation.
zulu99
Site Admin

Generic / Menu Touch Profile

Post by zulu99 »

This is a special touch profile, created for same games that not support an external hardware mouse or an external hardware touchpad on menu buttons.
As a rule, with games developed well, even if it only supports touch actions, and not an external gamepad, you can still click on the menu buttons with the mouse, and so there are no problems.

This is a little trick to overcome this problem for games that in my opinion are not designed well: (the 90% of android games not have this problem)

In the device with DroidMote Server installed go in Settings / Developer options / and check "Show touches"
In the device with DroidMote Client installed load the touch profile below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
sircrisp

Re: Generic / Menu Touch Profile

Post by sircrisp »

Hello I am trying to use this touch profile but on DroidMote Server under settings I see no developer options or "Show touch". Perhaps It was removed in recent versions? Either way whenever I try to use it, nothing happens when I press any buttons in Shadowgun:Deadzone
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

sircrisp wrote:Hello I am trying to use this touch profile but on DroidMote Server under settings I see no developer options or "Show touch". Perhaps It was removed in recent versions? Either way whenever I try to use it, nothing happens when I press any buttons in Shadowgun:Deadzone

show touch are not in droidmote server but in android settings -> developer options

Shadowgun:Deadzone can be played in default controller mode, and not with touch profile.

read this to understand how droidmote work:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=570
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
sircrisp

Post by sircrisp »

The menu for shadowgun:deadzone doesn't seem to support a gamepad, I slightly fixed the the touch profile for my device by changing the line

Code: Select all

<screen-size x="1280" y="720" orientation="+90" /> 
to

<screen-size x="1280" y="720" orientation="0" /> 
which is what the touchpad creator gives me when I use a screenshot. But the mouse is calibrated too far to the right for me to select any buttons properly.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

sircrisp wrote:The menu for shadowgun:deadzone doesn't seem to support a gamepad, I slightly fixed the the touch profile for my device by changing the line

<screen-size x="1280" y="720" orientation="+90" /> 
to

<screen-size x="1280" y="720" orientation="0" /> 
which is what the touchpad creator gives me when I use a screenshot. But the mouse is calibrated too far to the right for me to select any buttons properly.

YOU HAVE THE TOUCH MOUSE ! get this generic touch profile and if you have the server on a phone the orientation is +90, if you have the server on a tablet / mini hdmi stick the orientation is 0

load this touch profile and enable the touch mouse. only to click on menu buttons. for all other part of the game, this game support the controller mode.
sircrisp

Post by sircrisp »

That is what I did. But my button presses with touch mouse are registering to the left of where I am actually pointing. This means if I want press "Instant Game", I have to press to the right of it.

Because of this I am unable to press any of the buttons on the right side of the screen.

I could try making a video if it will help you understand.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

sircrisp wrote:That is what I did. But my button presses with touch mouse are registering to the left of where I am actually pointing. This means if I want press "Instant Game", I have to press to the right of it.

Because of this I am unable to press any of the buttons on the right side of the screen.

I could try making a video if it will help you understand.
because your screen dimension is different. create a simple touch profile with your server screen dimension and orientation. is simple.

look this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT6bAMUUWg0

what is the device with DroidMote Server inside ? model ?
sircrisp

Post by sircrisp »

I did that. I am using a Minix Neo x5 which is hooked up to my 42" television, screen resolution set to 1280x720.

This is the screenshot I took on my device and used to create the touch profile but I am still having the problem mentioned.

Here is a video of what I am experiencing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37LQxv78 ... e=youtu.be
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

READ THE FAQ nr.24 to solve. you have installed DroidMote Server, without having first installed busybox.

install busybox (free on google play and usefull for all root apps), uninstall DroidMote Server, reinstall Droidote Server and all work.
sircrisp

Post by sircrisp »

That solved it! Thanks so much, I had installed busybox, but never reinstalled DroidMote server afterward.