[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
User avatar
Andro.Gamer
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:58 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Postby Andro.Gamer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 am

zulu99 wrote:
Andro.Gamer wrote:Zulu99, please, I need you to tell me how to get back to FULL ANDROID NOUGAT, oreo has brought me too many problems in the advancement of my YouTube channel where by the way I have enough time to give DroidMote support, I have perceived the same problems as you with OREO and I need NOUGAT FULL ANDROID, please, back is a mess and I already tried it without success because the boot does not let go back, please HELP!


The procedure that i used is this, just few posts before:

blob is the bootloader, attention on this. You can brick the device if you use a blob that is not for your device.


viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1965&start=390#p8204
My device is SHIELD TV 2017 (16gb)

shielduser2018
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Postby shielduser2018 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks again Zulu. I'm getting ready to try this on my third 2017 shield tv, and I'm hoping to not brick this one again.

The instructions stop after flashing the modified boot image. What is the next step?
Is it:
fastboot flash system <system image file>

User avatar
zulu99
Site Admin
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Postby zulu99 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:39 pm

shielduser2018 wrote:Thanks again Zulu. I'm getting ready to try this on my third 2017 shield tv, and I'm hoping to not brick this one again.

The instructions stop after flashing the modified boot image. What is the next step?
Is it:
fastboot flash system <system image file>


for the 2017 model, a patched boot image is necessary.
you can't flash the original boot image because the 2017 model not boot if the firmware is not signed by Nvidia.

therefore you must before patch the original boot image with magisk manager and flash it with the original blob of stock 6.3 nvidia, and system and vendor images of full android nougat.


If you are not pratical, do not flash the blob, you can brick the device.
for this reason in the past i don't wrote how to downgrade.

but......this is the story.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help. Donate to Me

User avatar
Andro.Gamer
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:58 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Postby Andro.Gamer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:03 pm

zulu99 wrote:
shielduser2018 wrote:Thanks again Zulu. I'm getting ready to try this on my third 2017 shield tv, and I'm hoping to not brick this one again.

The instructions stop after flashing the modified boot image. What is the next step?
Is it:
fastboot flash system <system image file>


for the 2017 model, a patched boot image is necessary.
you can't flash the original boot image because the 2017 model not boot if the firmware is not signed by Nvidia.

therefore you must before patch the original boot image with magisk manager and flash it with the original blob of stock 6.3 nvidia, and system and vendor images of full android nougat.


If you are not pratical, do not flash the blob, you can brick the device.
for this reason in the past i don't wrote how to downgrade.

but......this is the story.
Then it is not possible in SHIELD TV 2017?

shielduser2018
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Postby shielduser2018 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:45 pm

zulu99 wrote:
shielduser2018 wrote:therefore you must before patch the original boot image with magisk manager and flash it with the original blob of stock 6.3 nvidia, and system and vendor images of full android nougat.

Ok so you are saying add this step which was not mentioned before.

1. (new) flash v6.3 nvidia boot image. Is there a link to this ?
2. flash what was in the OP:
"Shield TV 16GB 2017 model http://bit.ly/magisk_boot_darcy_71_v1 "
3: (missed earlier) flash system and vendor images.

edit: I dont this is what you meant
Last edited by shielduser2018 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulsavo
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Postby paulsavo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:25 am

how does voice activation work on this

shielduser2018
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Postby shielduser2018 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:20 pm

I will be doing this over the next few days on my new Shield 2017 (Oreo).

1) fastboot oem unlock
2) fastboot flash system system.img
3) fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
4) fastboot flash boot magisk_boot_darcy_7.1-v1.img
5) fastboot -w
6) fastboot reboot


If anyone sees any issue with these steps please let me know.

User avatar
Andro.Gamer
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:58 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Postby Andro.Gamer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:39 am

Zulu99, Since the 4th of this month came out 7.2, many things improved, new functions, you will work on this? It is no longer necessary to return to NOUGAT

khinmaung
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Postby khinmaung » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:28 pm

Andro.Gamer wrote:Zulu99, Since the 4th of this month came out 7.2, many things improved, new functions, you will work on this? It is no longer necessary to return to NOUGAT

How do you know 7.2 is out? source? I can't find it.

User avatar
Andro.Gamer
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:58 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Postby Andro.Gamer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:42 pm

It's a private beta


Return to “Full Android firmwares for Shield Android TV, Nexus Player and PC”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests