[ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by zulu99 »

tybo971 wrote:Hey Zulu can you provide kodi 17 down load link for shield tv....

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/androi ... bi-v7a.apk

https://youtu.be/hi6X_N87iUA
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
tybo971

Post by tybo971 »

Thanks.....
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

In case you want test a good touch-only game with the Shield hardware Controller connected directly to the Shield TV via usb, i attached to this post a touch profile made for NOVA 3: Freedom Edition for the Shield Controller.

The generic config to have an hardware controller connected directly to the Shield TV and use DroidMote touch profiles is this:

You can execute both client and server on Shield TV and connect via 127.0.0.1 loopback address.
Enable droidmoteIME in Android settings and when you need it you can select the droidmoteIME by long press on the keyboard button of droidmote client. Like when you want select a different keyboard in Android.
From DroidMote Client settings check Gamepad2Touch and select your touch profile.

like in this video: https://youtu.be/HDAT59PyYT0

N.O.V.A. 3: Freedom Edition:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .GloftNAHM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
ajamils

Post by ajamils »

Thanks for the excellent work. I got the Shield few days ago and was disappointed to find the restrictions of loading apps on the stock firmware.

Before I try flashing this I would like to know if it is possible to go back to stock firmware. Also, are there any launchers that can make it looks like stock Shield launcher (makes life easier for my wife and me) ?
andrejjorje

Post by andrejjorje »

User here that moved from xda. Hi zulu!! Thanks for continuing your work and support.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

ajamils wrote:Thanks for the excellent work. I got the Shield few days ago and was disappointed to find the restrictions of loading apps on the stock firmware.

Before I try flashing this I would like to know if it is possible to go back to stock firmware. Also, are there any launchers that can make it looks like stock Shield launcher (makes life easier for my wife and me) ?
Yes you can reinstall stock without problems when you want and also better you can create 2 backup, one of full android and one of stock firmware with flashfire app or twrp recovery. With backup you can change in 2 minutes.

About launcher, you can have all launcher that you want, also the leanback launcher. But i prefer the beautiful, useful and simple Google Now launcher, everything in one click and especially with the mouse for a fast intetaction.

The life is too short to lose time with directional keys. :D
ajamils

Post by ajamils »

Zulu,

Could you please post a guide about how to go back to stock (if needed)?
zulu99 wrote: Yes you can reinstall stock without problems when you want and also better you can create 2 backup, one of full android and one of stock firmware with flashfire app or twrp recovery. With backup you can change in 2 minutes.

About launcher, you can have all launcher that you want, also the leanback launcher. But i prefer the beautiful, useful and simple Google Now launcher, everything in one click and especially with the mouse for a fast intetaction.

zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

ajamils wrote:Zulu,

Could you please post a guide about how to go back to stock (if needed)?
zulu99 wrote: Yes you can reinstall stock without problems when you want and also better you can create 2 backup, one of full android and one of stock firmware with flashfire app or twrp recovery. With backup you can change in 2 minutes.

nothing more simple.

download the recovery firmware from Nvidia: https://developer.nvidia.com/shield-open-source
go in fastboot mode
flash_all.bat
Sonoma

Post by Sonoma »

Need some help.
Is there a good Bandwidth/Data monitor I could use on the Shield TV. I have tried a few but they do not see the network on the Shield but they do work on my phone.

I currently get 300 GB of data a month. Starting last month I have been consuming a ton of data. To the point I was at 600 GB with in 15 days last month. This month is not shaping up to good. Here it is day 5 of the month and I am at 113 GB of 300 GB. At this rate I will be paying a ton.
I have change my network password and wi-fi name as well. I have been able to track my data on the PCs and they seem fine. I recognize all systems connected to my router. I have 4 ROKUs but only 2 are active. I understand Netflix can use a lot but it is rarely used and I have the SD option. Same with my Plex. I usually watch everything in SD by default.

Starting to wonder if my modem or router is flaking out.

This is driving me crazy. Any ideas as to what app will work best? Thanks.
ajamils

Post by ajamils »

Zulu,

I just flashed the ROM and everything booted up correctly. There are few things that I would like to know.

1) Is it possible to have Google Cast slideshow running when the device is not being used, like it does on stock rum?

2) The ROM is completely empty with no apps installed, is that how it supposed to be? I though that it will at least have the basic apps already installed.

3) I have minix A2 remote and some of the buttons (like back, home) do not work. Is there a way to enable or map them?