[ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
n2outlaw

Re: [ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by n2outlaw »

gtj wrote:Difficult to find someone with a 1st gen. The warranty period in the EU is 2 years as opposed to 1 in the US but I still don't have the original receipt which was from a highstreet shop and not through an internet buy.
Thanks nyway
I would talk to a manager because they haven't been out for two years and should be still covered even if you bought the first one.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

zulu99 wrote:
Maxxx wrote:Hi Zulu !

At first, thanks for your work...

I have a little problem on the first startup : After configuring my wifi, the shield TV ask me to enter my google account. I did it but it won't connect (device ask me to wait 24h). No problem with my other android devices. I've tried with my other account, don't work either.

Any idea to help me ?

Thank you in advance...
I never heard this problem before.
But it seems a Google problem, not of the firmware.

Try wipe data, maybe you not erased Android TV data when you installed full Android. fastboot -w in the installation procedure clear data, otherwise you can do a factory reset.
Hi zulu,

Remember my case ? I've solved the issue : I tried to flash my shield again (this time with Nougat) BUT I remove my sdcard before doing it, works fine now. The wipe has not remove anything on the sdcard, so I think the problem was here. Maybe you can add this advice on the first post ? Anyway, thank you for your job, full Android on the Shield is fantastic !
lukecastle

Post by lukecastle »

hi zulu,
I was wondering why everytime I turn on the shield from a shutdown. I'd always have to pair my bluetooth devices. For some reason it doesnt remember the already paired devices. Thanks
dot64

Post by dot64 »

Hi Zulu,

I did a quick search but didn't find the answer, is it possible to install the Marshmallow firmware on the 2017 Shield TV? Wanted to see if I can get the webcam to work on Marshmallow on 2017 Shield.
How To Flash NVIDIA SHIELD TV 16GB (2017 Model): viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1646&start=210#p4820
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

dot64 wrote:Hi Zulu,

I did a quick search but didn't find the answer, is it possible to install the Marshmallow firmware on the 2017 Shield TV? Wanted to see if I can get the webcam to work on Marshmallow on 2017 Shield.
No, is not possible. The bootloader of 2017 don't start the kernel of Marshmallow.

My webcam Logitech C525 work well with Nougat.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
dot64

Post by dot64 »

Hmm, I still can't imagine why it works with your C525 on Skype no problem but not for me with my C610. Would you happen to have any suggestions for troubleshooting? I was thinking to do a clean flash again and install Skype first thing and test just in case anything else interfering but other than that I'm clueless at this point.
How To Flash NVIDIA SHIELD TV 16GB (2017 Model): viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1646&start=210#p4820
KayKay

Xbox One S Bluetooth

Post by KayKay »

Im got problems using xbox one s and other bluetooth controllers (PS4) with Shield TV on Full Android. It can connect fine by bluetooth. I can use in in android menu perfect. But until I go to the Shield Hub to play games with my Geforce Now subscription the controls stop working. Dpad and left analog stick is still good, but face buttons is an extremely long delay. I have to press down those buttons hard to get any feedback. Makes games unplayable. How can i fix this? Is this fixed in the new full android Nougat?
dot64

Post by dot64 »

I've been running Marshmallow on my 2015 SHIELD 16GB with Skype working with webcam. However, I've noticed that after initial use the permissions mess up for the mic on the webcam. I would have to go into the permissions, toggle off/on the mic permissions for Skype, then it works. Sometimes though this is not enough. I'll have to reset the entire Skype data/cache and re-login and grant all permissions again from scratch. This also happens when I unplug and re plug the webcam from USB. Any idea why this is happening?

Also, would this by any chance be related to the Skype issue in Nougat? I think Veronica had posted something related to permissions. I'd be be willing to test any suggestions. Maybe this could help troubleshoot the Nougat version too?
mkarakus77

Post by mkarakus77 »

Hi Zulu
I have returned from nougat to marshmallow . (I have flashed boot image from 3.3.0 and then flashed system and vendor from full android 1.5.) everything works great but I have problem with video playback. YouTube app gives green screen but audio Is OK. How should I fix YouTube green screen issue? Thanks for great rom...
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

mkarakus77 wrote:Hi Zulu
I have returned from nougat to marshmallow . (I have flashed boot image from 3.3.0 and then flashed system and vendor from full android 1.5.) everything works great but I have problem with video playback. YouTube app gives green screen but audio Is OK. How should I fix YouTube green screen issue? Thanks for great rom...
This is the reason why Google and Nvidia update OS and apps. The OS is always the same, maybe the app changed.
But is strange that the Youtube app not works, it worked very well when i used Marshmallow.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto