[ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by zulu99 »

We can have also Full Screen without xposed on the new firmware. On Nougaut work well, you can use also keyboard and all.

You can also automatize the command with a widget on the screen, but the base is this:

This command to activate:
su
settings put global policy_control immersive.full=*

This command to disable:
su
settings put global policy_control immersive.full=
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Full Android Nougat published here:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1646
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

zulu99 wrote:
n2outlaw wrote:
zulu99 wrote:
Keep calm...seems that i found the street also this time.

Despite Nvidia broken everything on the source code part, ( maybe to not permit full Android Nougat )
Everything works, also the old controller in wireless mode. Everything !

Full Android Nougat Experience for Shield TV ( preview )

https://plus.google.com/b/1030190266710 ... ?sfc=false

You can not imagine how many hours I lost on this firmware. Now I have to pack everything and make many tests.
I think in a few days we will have an early version.

Don't forget a donation for my work. Thanks.
Can you get the 1st Gen original controller to work on Full Android OS v1.6 and bluetooth?.
It'll be nice not having to change out the system/lib/hw file for bluetooth on reboot problem.
The next Nougat firmware will be full Android Nougat 1.0

IS a complete new firmware, therefore 1.6 will not be used. I will open a new thread.

In the new firmware everything will work.Also the old controller in wireless mode, the new controller, mic etc.
everything.
I'm doing full Android Experience. Mainly i'm try to do a fusion between stock and full Android.
Everything of stock + all the best of full Android.

In a couple of day we will have the first version.

P.S.
MartinM, an user of this forum, today sended me the Shield TV 16GB 2017 as gift. I will receive it in few days.

Martin really shocked me with this gift, and for this reason, this time i want do my best. Is not a question of money saved, Martin shocked me because this is the best demonstration of appreciation that someone can do for a developer.

The next full Android Nougat, will be a surpraise for everyone, expecially for Nvidia, that with Nougat attempted to completely close the doors to the development. But i have something also better than previous full Android and 2000000000 times better than stock Android TV firmware.

Mainly the Nvidia source code is just an ADS. The Nvidia stock firmwares are completly different from the source code publisched. But also this time, i found the street.

For now i'm working on the 2015 model, but i already know that we can also on 2017 model. But thanks to Martin in few days i can test also on the new model.
OMG this is great! and as you describe it im so very sold.. Take my moneyyyy ahahah lol (expect a donation, i already purchased droidmote long ago).
Can't wait but i know the standard rule, NO ETA! so ill just wait patiently because im getting sick of this stock nougat firmware nvidia released for 2015 model, i tried hard to love it but nop i need more than that as im a power user (updated LXC containers would be very handy aswell for the ones that need to run linux in the background while booted up in Android . im one of those <3 xD)

Haven't had the chance to flash any of your firmwares yet so im exited to try it out. Cheers and thank you for all your hard work.
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
gtj

Post by gtj »

Can anyone please let me know what are the benefits of switching to Android 7.0 from 6.0?
I've just flashed full Android onto my 1st Gen Shield TV and wouldn't want to mess around with it if there is no major improvement.

Many thanks.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

gtj wrote:Can anyone please let me know what are the benefits of switching to Android 7.0 from 6.0?
I've just flashed full Android onto my 1st Gen Shield TV and wouldn't want to mess around with it if there is no major improvement.

Many thanks.
Hi, if you're happy with your setup and what you need work then IMO you shouldn't mess with it, there are pros and cons that you can read at XDA and Kodi forums. For example old 2015 controller and Multiuser now work in Full Android Nougat but at the same time i've read people saying that they lost all passthru with new firmware experience upgrade released by Nvidia. Honestly i didn't feel Stock 5.0.2 firmware that very stable also, there were some glitches in stock that are still reflected in Full Android firmware (for me, ocasional FC's on apps). Keep in mind that this is the FIRST Nougat release for 2015.

"If ain't broken don't fix it"

- V
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

gtj wrote:Can anyone please let me know what are the benefits of switching to Android 7.0 from 6.0?

Many thanks.
Because you can have everything stock can offer ( everything ) + full Android thst give you all the normsl Android world.

Install full Android Nougt and you will understand, this time i surpassed myself. :)
gtj

Post by gtj »

That was a very well-put response Veronica. Thank you very much.
I'll probably wait and keep my eyes peeled for the coming releases later in the year.
gtj

Post by gtj »

zulu99 wrote:

Many thanks.
Because you can have everything stock can offer ( everything ) + full Android thst give you all the normsl Android world.

Install full Android Nougt and you will understand, this time i surpassed myself. :)
Haha you make me confused now.. I trust your work so I might have to give it a try.
Will there be any improvement in terms of performance and video decoding with the new release? Is there any change in drivers?

Thanks for all you work you have put Zulu99. This is much appreciated!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

gtj wrote:
zulu99 wrote:

Many thanks.

Haha you make me confused now.. I trust your work so I might have to give it a try.
Will there be any improvement in terms of performance and video decoding with the new release? Is there any change in drivers?

Thanks for all you work you have put Zulu99. This is much appreciated!
The Android functionalities are almost the same. Full Android Nougat instead is better than full Android marshamallow because now you can everything of both worlds. All stock accessories, all stock settings + everything of full Android.
gtj

Post by gtj »

The Android functionalities are almost the same. Full Android Nougat instead is better than full Android marshamallow because now you can everything of both worlds. All stock accessories, all stock settings + everything of full Android.

Right. I see...
That's pretty complelling I reckon.
I'll give it a try. Thank you so much Zulu 8-)