[ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
mkarakus77

Re: [ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by mkarakus77 »

Thank you for quick reply. When I was at marshmallow everything was working perfect. I wanted test nougat so I upgraded (5.1 Nvidia upgrade.) . But I missed xposed frameworks. I can't downgrade, then In first page I flashed as you described. Everything OK except YouTube. I goggled green screen issue, it's described as hardware acceleration issue. But I don't know how to fix it. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance...
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

mkarakus77 wrote:Thank you for quick reply. When I was at marshmallow everything was working perfect. I wanted test nougat so I upgraded (5.1 Nvidia upgrade.) . But I missed xposed frameworks. I can't downgrade, then In first page I flashed as you described. Everything OK except YouTube. I goggled green screen issue, it's described as hardware acceleration issue. But I don't know how to fix it. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance...
you can only find another youtube app or check if old versions work.
updates are made for a reason.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
mkarakus77

Post by mkarakus77 »

Thanks
Wanbli

Re: [ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5] EATING UP DATA!!!

Post by Wanbli »

Zulu99;
I've had this ROM on my device since I purchased it early last year. In January of this year I noticed that my data usage had skyrocketed from about 80gb/mo to 580gb/month. So I installed YAMON to monitor where the high data usage was coming from. I installed it the beginning of this month (3/4/17 to be exact) and so far this device has downloaded over 30gb of data all by itself! I DID NOT request it download anything AND most of this was done while I was asleep! I have 30 devices on my network and NONE of them have exceeded 1gb of data usage so far this month! So, I'm asking you if you have any idea why this device is doing this and if you can assist me in stopping it?

Please Help!
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5] EATING UP DATA!!!

Post by zulu99 »

Wanbli wrote:Zulu99;
I've had this ROM on my device since I purchased it early last year. In January of this year I noticed that my data usage had skyrocketed from about 80gb/mo to 580gb/month. So I installed YAMON to monitor where the high data usage was coming from. I installed it the beginning of this month (3/4/17 to be exact) and so far this device has downloaded over 30gb of data all by itself! I DID NOT request it download anything AND most of this was done while I was asleep! I have 30 devices on my network and NONE of them have exceeded 1gb of data usage so far this month! So, I'm asking you if you have any idea why this device is doing this and if you can assist me in stopping it?

Please Help!
check if you have a virus. i never had this problem.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Wanbli

Post by Wanbli »

That was the 1st thing I checked, no virus & I have AV on all my devices. If I upgrade this to Nougat, will that wipe the device? I'm considering doing that anyway? Or should I just factory reset the Marshmallow ROM and then update to Nougat?

Where do I get the nVidia 3.3 Stock Firmware?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Wanbli wrote:That was the 1st thing I checked, no virus & I have AV on all my devices. If I upgrade this to Nougat, will that wipe the device? I'm considering doing that anyway? Or should I just factory reset the Marshmallow ROM and then update to Nougat?

Where do I get the nVidia 3.3 Stock Firmware?
get the 3.3 firmware from Nvidia website and install

update automatically to 5.1

when you have android tv 5.1 you can install full Android Nougat
riesdepies

Post by riesdepies »

Hi there, can anyone confirm that this is the SHA-1 hash for Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV_1.5.rar?

Code: Select all

ABFA0B5471B03FE8D858DD7A5ECDE6F4581C11D9
EDIT: One more question:
Can I run Full Android Marshmallow on my Shield TV 16GB 2017 when I flash the boot.img from the Nvidia stock Marshmallow recovery package?

Thanks for your help,
ries
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

riesdepies wrote:Hi there, can anyone confirm that this is the SHA-1 hash for Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV_1.5.rar?

Code: Select all

ABFA0B5471B03FE8D858DD7A5ECDE6F4581C11D9
EDIT: One more question:
Can I run Full Android Marshmallow on my Shield TV 16GB 2017 when I flash the boot.img from the Nvidia stock Marshmallow recovery package?

Thanks for your help,
ries
About your second question NO, the bootloader of 2017 model is different than the 2015 and only the 2015 model got Marshmallow.
If it were a 2015 model the one you have then the install you mention would be the correct way to downgrade to Marshmallow safely.
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
riesdepies

Post by riesdepies »

Thank you Veronica, I guess this means there's no way to run Full Android Marshmallow on the 2017 model..

Theoretically speaking, would it be possible to patch the 2015 Marshmallow bootloader to make it work on the 2017 version? I imagine this patch could be based upon the differences between the 2015 model Nougat bootloader and the 2017 model Nougat bootloader. I have no idea if this would work, just curious : )

EDIT: On the Nvidia forums I read that people bricked their 2015 Shield by downgrading from stock Nougat to stock Marshmallow. I guess I'm not gonna risk bricking my Shield 2017 by experimenting :)