[ROM][AOSP][Full Android Marshmallow for Nexus Player][v.1.3]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: View first unread post

Post by zulu99 »

Garrettpl wrote:Clicking that link always just takes me to the first post of the thread. Is there any way to fix this?
If you read better, is a different post. Is the new Android 7 Nougat.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
jun3280

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Marshmallow for Nexus Player][v.1.3]

Post by jun3280 »

Hi zulu99, I found your development in searching custom roms on youtube. Your implementation of the full Android on the Nexus Player is perfect! I love how much easier it is to navigate and configure the the device.

I do have one question - I run a TV Streaming app made specifically for android mobile devices called Shaw FreeRange TV. I have sideloaded this app on my Nexus Player running Stock 6.01 and it works fine. On my other Nexus Player, I installed your AOSP 6.01, and was able to install the app from the Playstore :). I am able to login to the app, but video won't play. I even tried sideloading the exact version from the other box, and the result is the same. Any ideas as to what might be causing this problem? Otherwise, I can run Netflix, Kodi, DramaFever, Viki all perfectly using your implementation. Thank you very much for your efforts!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

jun3280 wrote:Hi zulu99, I found your development in searching custom roms on youtube. Your implementation of the full Android on the Nexus Player is perfect! I love how much easier it is to navigate and configure the the device.

I do have one question - I run a TV Streaming app made specifically for android mobile devices called Shaw FreeRange TV. I have sideloaded this app on my Nexus Player running Stock 6.01 and it works fine. On my other Nexus Player, I installed your AOSP 6.01, and was able to install the app from the Playstore :). I am able to login to the app, but video won't play. I even tried sideloading the exact version from the other box, and the result is the same. Any ideas as to what might be causing this problem? Otherwise, I can run Netflix, Kodi, DramaFever, Viki all perfectly using your implementation. Thank you very much for your efforts!
try on full Android 7 Nougat, is here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1609

now i support this new version.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
jun3280

Post by jun3280 »

zulu99 wrote:
jun3280 wrote:Hi zulu99, I found your development in searching custom roms on youtube. Your implementation of the full Android on the Nexus Player is perfect! I love how much easier it is to navigate and configure the the device.

try on full Android 7 Nougat, is here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1609

now i support this new version.
Solid. On it and will report back. Thanks a bunch Zulu99!
renoob

Post by renoob »

Hello, I have a question about creating (sybolic?) links from sideloaded apps so they appear in Leanback Launcher.
Is this possible?
Thanks in advance.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

renoob wrote:Hello, I have a question about creating (sybolic?) links from sideloaded apps so they appear in Leanback Launcher.
Is this possible?
Thanks in advance.

we have android Nougat specific thread, this is not the right thread, but is a genric question.

in full android you can install regular android app and you see it in a regular launcher.

if you want install a specific android tv app, you can install and after create a shortcut with the app QuickShortcutMaker

like in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMqz8e33oq8

Instead If you have also the leanback launcher installed, you will see all android tv specific apps directly in the leanback launcher.
Wilsondrake

Post by Wilsondrake »

I am using the same and as for netflix I dont pay :lol: i like free boooozzz. So I am using netflix kodiaddon for myself. You can try installing that and trust me kodi itself is more than enough for anyone who loves to stream.