Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
wezela

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Marshmallow for Nexus Player][v.1.3]

Post by wezela »

zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

We need the source code, that is also online.

The next week i will start my work on full Android Nougat for Nexus Player.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
sam.balia1012

Post by sam.balia1012 »

@Zulu99
It would really be nice to have full android N on the nexus player, I know you'll make a great build when time permits.
By the way, my sympathies on the lives lost in the recent earthquake.. my prayers are with all of them!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

:evil:
sam.balia1012 wrote:@Zulu99
It would really be nice to have full android N on the nexus player, I know you'll make a great build when time permits.
By the way, my sympathies on the lives lost in the recent earthquake.. my prayers are with all of them!

Really a great misfortune, but I pray for them. Fortunately it is not my area.

About full Nougat for Nexus Player, i want it, and if all go well, i think we can have it for the end of next week. If not happen specific problems.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
shdware

Post by shdware »

I'm trying a Chinese box and realize it would be so much better with AOSP.

Have you experimented with any builds on s905 based boxes? I recently picked up a box with 3GB ram and 32GB rom, so that is appealing in many ways over the Nexus player.
nashi2000

Post by nashi2000 »

My prayers for those impacted by the earthquake.

Zulu, thanks for your work. We're waiting for the Nougat version for nexus player.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

shdware wrote:I'm trying a Chinese box and realize it would be so much better with AOSP.

Have you experimented with any builds on s905 based boxes? I recently picked up a box with 3GB ram and 32GB rom, so that is appealing in many ways over the Nexus player.
Amlogic create good devices. In the past i created good firmware also for some Amlogic and Rockchip devices.

For Amlogic was more difficult have the Android source code but It is nearest to AOSP, RockChip instead have many modifications in the source code.

I encourage others developers to create firmwares for this devices, personally i'm working on Shield TV and Nexus Player and for one person is already a very
demanding task.

The problem of many Chinese boxes are the wifi not very good and the speed of the internal disk. But with a good AOSP derivation firmware, without bloatware inside, can be very good devices.
shdware

Post by shdware »

I'm just an average user. I put together a flashable APN fix, but short of this I do not have the talent to put together a real ROM unless I'm simply adding or removing apps from someone else's work.

I have noted that there is RemixOS available for a bunch of different AmLogic devices - including the S905 - but they all have slightly different configurations than mine, and RemixOS is not well-suited for the TV.

I await 7.0! Thanks!
wezela

Post by wezela »

shdware wrote:I await 7.0! Thanks!
It's already here!
Garrettpl

View first unread post

Post by Garrettpl »

Clicking that link always just takes me to the first post of the thread. Is there any way to fix this?