[ROM][StockRestyle 3.2 Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][StockRestyle Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by zulu99 »

Mattkilla wrote:Last question Zulu, I promise. Is it possible to upgrade the Shield to 3.1 or the newer 3.2 and then flash the StockRestyle rom? Or is this downgrade not possible?
you can, 3.1 and 3.2 is based on the same source code. kernel and ramdisk are compatible.
the answer is yes.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Mattkilla

Post by Mattkilla »

zulu99 wrote:
Mattkilla wrote:Last question Zulu, I promise. Is it possible to upgrade the Shield to 3.1 or the newer 3.2 and then flash the StockRestyle rom? Or is this downgrade not possible?
you can, 3.1 and 3.2 is based on the same source code. kernel and ramdisk are compatible.
the answer is yes.
Your the man. Exactly what I wanted to here. Going to back everything up tonight, revert to stock , upgrade to 3.2 , upgrade controller firmware , and then flash StockRestyle. Maybe this will help with Gamecast not working and the Shield Remote not acting right.

THanks for the response man! Oh an PS ,I finally got the Droidmote loopback (127.0.0.1) to work with my hardware controller. Works Great!
Tman77

Post by Tman77 »

I thought StockRestyle was based on 3.1? What would be the point of upgrading to the official 3.2 (when it comes out?) THEN installing Restyle? Unless Zulu releases a version of restyle based on the soon to be released 3.2.
beng

Post by beng »

indeed SR is based on 3.0...
tried to have a go at doing a SR based on 3.1 but not too sure how to proceed...
if 3.2 is due out soon may as well wait for the release then maybe WE could try a SR nased on 3.2 (unless Zulu, the originator, plans to release it)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

beng wrote:indeed SR is based on 3.0...
tried to have a go at doing a SR based on 3.1 but not too sure how to proceed...
if 3.2 is due out soon may as well wait for the release then maybe WE could try a SR nased on 3.2 (unless Zulu, the originator, plans to release it)
you can install stockrestyle also over the 3.1 kernel without problems.
3.0 and 3.1 have the same source code only some correction for the TV part that we don't use.

I know what i do, when things are necessary you have it, otherwise i not lose time.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
AndroiderM

Post by AndroiderM »

Can I install this over your full android 6.0 rom or do I need to flash stick first? I never could access twrp to root on your stock build, is it built in or do I need to flash it separate? Will the - w command work with the pro version or has to be done threw twrp? I skipped this step on last install cause I figured I would be able to access twrp.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

AndroiderM wrote:Can I install this over your full android 6.0 rom or do I need to flash stick first? I never could access twrp to root on your stock build, is it built in or do I need to flash it separate? Will the - w command work with the pro version or has to be done threw twrp? I skipped this step on last install cause I figured I would be able to access twrp.
NO.
install back to stock firmware and after this. the vendor and also the system images are differents.

You MUST erase user data. ON Shield Pro is too long but as alternative you can use TWRP and clear data /cache.
Mattkilla

Post by Mattkilla »

I know you are a busy person and I think I can speak for the rest of us. We would all love to see a StockRestyle update for 3.2 . Your full Android rom is awesome, but there are many of us who MUST have/use the NVIDIA Controller. We would all love to see an update if you are capable.
beng

Post by beng »

+1
(3.2 is out!)
Thank YOU.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

My primary target is create full Android. Because stockrestyle also if have the complete Google Play is always android tv based and therefore with many limitations at framework level.

But later i will create also an upfate for this.

For now i published in the other thread an awesome full Abdroid 1.3 based on 3.2 stock firmware. It work wonderful in all parts and every standard controller works, software, wireless, wired and bluetooth.

The Nvidia conyroller sucks.