[ROM][StockRestyle 3.2 Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
beng

Re: [ROM][StockRestyle Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by beng »

Hi Zulu99

Thanks for your answer.
you should be able to install stockrestyle also over 3.1 update

however, you can download the 3.0 recovery firmware from Nvidia, extract the vendor image, download stockrestyle system image and flash only this system and vendor images with fastboot.
you can install stockrestyle system and 3.0 recovery vendor images also ove 3.1 stock.
Now, let me get this right (I do not want to go through flashing recovery yet again!)
so if, over my current 3.1 rec, I flash

first: 3.0 rec vendor.img ("fastboot flash vendor vendor.img")

then SR system.img ("fastboot flash system system.img")

I should be with SR - do I need to "fastboot -w" afterwards?
Thanks a lot
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

beng wrote:Hi Zulu99

Thanks for your answer.
you should be able to install stockrestyle also over 3.1 update

however, you can download the 3.0 recovery firmware from Nvidia, extract the vendor image, download stockrestyle system image and flash only this system and vendor images with fastboot.
you can install stockrestyle system and 3.0 recovery vendor images also ove 3.1 stock.
Now, let me get this right (I do not want to go through flashing recovery yet again!)
so if, over my current 3.1 rec, I flash

first: 3.0 rec vendor.img ("fastboot flash vendor vendor.img")

then SR system.img ("fastboot flash system system.img")

I should be with SR - do I need to "fastboot -w" afterwards?
Thanks a lot
sure, you must do also fastboot -w when you switch from Android TV to Android.
for all othrrs things, ok.

starting from 3.1 firmware:

fastboot flash vendor vendor.img ( of stock 3.0 firmware )
fastboot flash system system.img ( of StockRestyle )
fastboot -w
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
beng

Post by beng »

Hi
Followed your recommendations and after reboot, I end up with a
"there's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details."
I OKed it and followed on:
Chose language and then got stuck on the choice of network - shield does not respond anymore.

[Edit]
I tred to reinstall RS on top later on but ended up with the same issue

then I took rec 3.0 and replaced stock system.img with the RS system.img and flashed it the way it is recommended on the nvidia website:

fastboot flash staging blob
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot reboot

it didn't work either, so I'm back on stock 3.1 (flashed rec 3.1)

@zulu99: do you think there is another way to get stock play store on stcok nvidia software?
thanks
ben
shamsway

Post by shamsway »

Hello and thank you for all your hard work on the shield TV ROMs. I have StockRestyle running and I am enjoying it so far. I would gave gone completely stock but my whole family uses the shield TV and I am not sure they'd be able to make the transition. I may make the switch eventually but I'm going to try to see if I can make this ROM work first.

I've got a couple questions, if you don't mind

- I've read a few posts about the play store requiring updates to be uninstalled before it can be run. I have experienced this is as well. Do I need to manually install a different version of the play store? Is there something else I can do?
- We don't have any other android devices in the house so droidmote is not an option right now. I was trying to use the android remote app for iOS, but it does not find my shield tv. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!
shamsway
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

shamsway wrote:Hello and thank you for all your hard work on the shield TV ROMs. I have StockRestyle running and I am enjoying it so far. I would gave gone completely stock but my whole family uses the shield TV and I am not sure they'd be able to make the transition. I may make the switch eventually but I'm going to try to see if I can make this ROM work first.

I've got a couple questions, if you don't mind

- I've read a few posts about the play store requiring updates to be uninstalled before it can be run. I have experienced this is as well. Do I need to manually install a different version of the play store? Is there something else I can do?
- We don't have any other android devices in the house so droidmote is not an option right now. I was trying to use the android remote app for iOS, but it does not find my shield tv. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!
shamsway
yes you must update manually the google play app to the last version. You can download it from apk mirror.
To avoid this, you can change the build.prop fingerprint, but is not necessary because after the first update you solve.

About the android tv remote app, i never used and tested it. Only directional keys, when you can use all apps, are not sufficient. However i don't have an answare for this, but should work in stockrestyle.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

Hello guys

I am a bit lost here and would really like to try StockRestyle.

I have done adb reboot bootloader and the box reboots to the bootloader. I have choices there like continue, reboot, boot to some kernel etc... but no matter what I choose, the box does not respond to my next command: fastboot oem unlock

The command screen just says <waiting for device>. Fastboot.exe is in (D:\androidSDK\sdk\platform-tools) the same folder as adb.exe, the same folder whrere I have put the system.img and the same folder from where I ran the command prompt... so is there something else I am unaware of?

tx
Mark
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

Hello guys,

adb reboot bootloader works fine, my device boots to that screen which has some options, continue, reboot etc...
I type in the command to unlock the bootloader: fastboot oem unlock but nothing happens. I have tried many times, and reboot to bootloader works but the unlocking bootloader results in the command interface saying <waiting for device> and it never progresses.

Any ideas what to do?
Thanks
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

fredphoesh wrote:Hello guys,

adb reboot bootloader works fine, my device boots to that screen which has some options, continue, reboot etc...
I type in the command to unlock the bootloader: fastboot oem unlock but nothing happens. I have tried many times, and reboot to bootloader works but the unlocking bootloader results in the command interface saying <waiting for device> and it never progresses.

Any ideas what to do?
Thanks
when you write oem unlock in the command prompt, you must see also the menu in the shield becaue witht he hardware button of shield TV you must press continue to confirm the operation.
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

zulu99 wrote:when you write oem unlock in the command prompt, you must see also the menu in the shield becaue witht he hardware button of shield TV you must press continue to confirm the operation.
Hi zulu99

Ah, I will try that later... I did have the shield menu visible, and I tried ALL the options, but I tried them before issuing the unlock command because I thought I had to be in a special mode... so I tried continue... but it just rebooted the box. I will try continue AFTER issuing the command.
Thanks, Mark.
KayKay

Post by KayKay »

@zulu99

Thanks for your hard work. I'm currently running this rom and so far its good. I saw one of your youtube videos and it looks like you were running this rom with multi window activated. Do you have a tutorial to set those settings up? Can multiwindow run on StockRestyle Rom?