[ROM][StockRestyle 3.2 Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
fredphoesh

Re: [ROM][StockRestyle Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by fredphoesh »

zulu99 wrote:when you write oem unlock in the command prompt, you must see also the menu in the shield becaue witht he hardware button of shield TV you must press continue to confirm the operation.
Hi
Nope!
I get to fastboot mode by pressing the power button after plugging in the power cable, then I do "fastboot oem unlock" it says Waiting for Device... and then I choose Continue... and the device simply reboots.

I think for some reason it does not see my device when it is in fastboot mode.
I can adb reboot bootloader when the box has booted up to android, and it reboots to the fastboot mode just fine, but "fastboot devices" - does not work when the device is booted to android. When I have gone to fastboot mode, none of the commands I type in have any effect!

ODD!!?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

fredphoesh wrote:
zulu99 wrote:when you write oem unlock in the command prompt, you must see also the menu in the shield becaue witht he hardware button of shield TV you must press continue to confirm the operation.
Hi
Nope!
I get to fastboot mode by pressing the power button after plugging in the power cable, then I do "fastboot oem unlock" it says Waiting for Device... and then I choose Continue... and the device simply reboots.

I think for some reason it does not see my device when it is in fastboot mode.
I can adb reboot bootloader when the box has booted up to android, and it reboots to the fastboot mode just fine, but "fastboot devices" - does not work when the device is booted to android. When I have gone to fastboot mode, none of the commands I type in have any effect!

ODD!!?
check windows adb and fastboot drivers and try also with another usb cable.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

KayKay wrote:@zulu99

Thanks for your hard work. I'm currently running this rom and so far its good. I saw one of your youtube videos and it looks like you were running this rom with multi window activated. Do you have a tutorial to set those settings up? Can multiwindow run on StockRestyle Rom?
you can test multi windows only on full Android. Stock restyle is good, but to have everything you need full Android.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Tman77

Post by Tman77 »

I have finally figured out how to install and manage the custom roms and basic setup of Restyle.

zulu99, Could you recommend a list of essential or interesting apps for setting up StockRestyle. I would like to include Stock apps such as Android TV Launcher and any others that you consider useful for customizing. Power button, themes, etc. Thanks for all your hard work!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Tman77 wrote:I have finally figured out how to install and manage the custom roms and basic setup of Restyle.

zulu99, Could you recommend a list of essential or interesting apps for setting up StockRestyle. I would like to include Stock apps such as Android TV Launcher and any others that you consider useful for customizing. Power button, themes, etc. Thanks for all your hard work!
personally i use only normal apps not Android TV apps. For me normal apps are better, with more options, faster and more updated.

However you can find Android Tv apps in apkmirror.com or apkpure.com.
Mattkilla

Post by Mattkilla »

Whats up guys? I am glad to have finally found official forums of Zulu's work once again. A question that's been asked two or three times in this forum but I haven't seen a definitive answer yet. Google Play Store is requiring me to uninstall updates every time I open the app. When originally flashing this ROM I did the fastboot W~ command and since then I've tried to restore to factory via Android. Neither of these methods have seem to work for me. Do you have any other suggestions for fixing this on stock restyle? Any help is much appreciated as always Zulu and glad to be back a part of your community

Mattkilla
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Mattkilla wrote:Whats up guys? I am glad to have finally found official forums of Zulu's work once again. A question that's been asked two or three times in this forum but I haven't seen a definitive answer yet. Google Play Store is requiring me to uninstall updates every time I open the app. When originally flashing this ROM I did the fastboot W~ command and since then I've tried to restore to factory via Android. Neither of these methods have seem to work for me. Do you have any other suggestions for fixing this on stock restyle? Any help is much appreciated as always Zulu and glad to be back a part of your community

Mattkilla
At first setup you should update to the last google play store normal version that you can find on apkmirror.com

When you have the last version the app can't downgrade.

In alternative you can change the build.prop. foster_e in full_foster_e for all fields that you find in build.prop
Mattkilla

Post by Mattkilla »

zulu99 wrote:
Mattkilla wrote:Whats up guys? I am glad to have finally found official forums of Zulu's work once again. A question that's been asked two or three times in this forum but I haven't seen a definitive answer yet. Google Play Store is requiring me to uninstall updates every time I open the app. When originally flashing this ROM I did the fastboot W~ command and since then I've tried to restore to factory via Android. Neither of these methods have seem to work for me. Do you have any other suggestions for fixing this on stock restyle? Any help is much appreciated as always Zulu and glad to be back a part of your community

Mattkilla
At first setup you should update to the last google play store normal version that you can find on apkmirror.com

In alternative you can change the build.prop. foster_e in full_foster_e for all fields that you find in build.prop

Can you please help explain to me where I can find the build. Prop? And if you could help describe exactly what parts I need to change to what. I believe your answer was confusing in translation. Also this is something new to me. I remember on my Motorola years ago I had to change a few lines of the build. Prop but that's all the experience I have. Any help would be much appreciated as I have already downloaded the most recent version and I've been on stock restyle for about 4 months now.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Mattkilla wrote:
zulu99 wrote:

Mattkilla

Can you please help explain to me where I can find the build. Prop? And if you could help describe exactly what parts I need to change to what. I believe your answer was confusing in translation. Also this is something new to me. I remember on my Motorola years ago I had to change a few lines of the build. Prop but that's all the experience I have. Any help would be much appreciated as I have already downloaded the most recent version and I've been on stock restyle for about 4 months now.
Go on the websire apkmirror.com search, download and install the last Google Play store apk is more simple for you. Forget the build.prop for now.

The build.prop is a file in.the system folder, you.can read many guides on internet abaut it. Where you read foster_e you can change with full_foster_e But if you don't assign the right permissions or you commit errors, you can have also a boot loop and could be necessary reinstall the firmware. If you are not expert read before others guides before edit it
Mattkilla

Post by Mattkilla »

Last question Zulu, I promise. Is it possible to upgrade the Shield to 3.1 or the newer 3.2 and then flash the StockRestyle rom? Or is this downgrade not possible?