[DEV] LXC Containers on Shield Android TV

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Veronica

Re: [DEV] LXC Containers on Shield Android TV

Post by Veronica »

zulu99 wrote:
Veronica wrote:Hello zulu99,happy new year. Hope you're doing good.
I'm interested on having this working on my shield (when it arrives).
Quick question, at the moment i want to leave the shield stock for many reasons, so i wanted to ask if this can work on Android TV OS or if it's meant just for your full android rom. I need to install Java and run filebot, jDownloader and few other apps in the long term. Crossing fingers!!!

Oh i almost forgot, now that im here I'll ask... Have you been succesfull remote controlling your Shield say with teamviewer, if so what app version worked for you?

Thank you in advance and greetings for South America!
You need the custom boot.img and the LXC binaries, after you can use full Android or also Android TV.

Attention all my works are for the original Shield TV.
The new 16GB model don't have micro usb and i not even know if we can unlock the bootloader.

I control Shield TV only with DroidMote, is the best way for me, for Android TV and full Android. I never tested teamviewer.
Thank you for the warning zulu99. The one i purchased was the 1st gen like 3 weeks ago from their web page (i was stuck at the pc screen refreshing the page each 5 minutes or so until i finally saw them in stock xD).

So the boot image and binaries you posted in first post will work on LATEST marshmallow firmware of Android TV?. By the way i read that nvidia may release an update for 1st gen shields with android nougat and official Amazon video app. Who knows but maybe when my shield arrives i will get the update so i would like to be sure which firmware versions this project will work with.

Thank you in advance!
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Update: Confirmed some beta testers already received preview update 5.0 with Amazon video and Android 7.0 for 1st gen Shield :)
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Veronica wrote:Update: Confirmed some beta testers already received preview update 5.0 with Amazon video and Android 7.0 for 1st gen Shield :)
Do you have a link ?
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

zulu99 wrote:
Veronica wrote:Update: Confirmed some beta testers already received preview update 5.0 with Amazon video and Android 7.0 for 1st gen Shield :)
Do you have a link ?
Sure.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220297&page=227
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Veronica wrote: Thank you for the warning zulu99. The one i purchased was the 1st gen like 3 weeks ago from their web page (i was stuck at the pc screen refreshing the page each 5 minutes or so until i finally saw them in stock xD).

So the boot image and binaries you posted in first post will work on LATEST marshmallow firmware of Android TV?. By the way i read that nvidia may release an update for 1st gen shields with android nougat and official Amazon video app. Who knows but maybe when my shield arrives i will get the update so i would like to be sure which firmware versions this project will work with.

Thank you in advance!
Zulu99 can you confirm this please. Will the files you posted in first post work with latest marshmallow Android TV OS? and probably Nougat too or you may update the files later on?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Veronica wrote:
Veronica wrote: Thank you for the warning zulu99. The one i purchased was the 1st gen like 3 weeks ago from their web page (i was stuck at the pc screen refreshing the page each 5 minutes or so until i finally saw them in stock xD).

Thank you in advance!
Zulu99 can you confirm this please. Will the files you posted in first post work with latest marshmallow Android TV OS? and probably Nougat too or you may update the files later on?
On Marshmallow yes, all versions.

On Nougat i don't know. I don't have Nougat now.

But, sure, i want everything also on Nougat. Means that i will work to have this also on Nougat if not compatible.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Hi, finally yesterday started to rollup the Shield Experience Upgrade 5.0.2 to 2015 Nvidia Shield TVs. I already upgraded and so far so good.
Will wait for an update to this project because i find it very useful and awesome.

Thank you zulu99 for all the work you've done for the Shied TV. Cheers.
tripfx

Post by tripfx »

I too am waiting for android n lxc xD thanks for everything Zulu your the man i already bought both Droidmote and touch creator.
tripfx

Post by tripfx »

Just curious if new lxc boot for N is in the works yet? I love your new firmware but lack of lxc is kinda bugging me. Just wondering if i should revert to mm for now or wait. Thanks for all of what you do, done, and plan to do for our shield tvs.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

tripfx wrote:Just curious if new lxc boot for N is in the works yet? I love your new firmware but lack of lxc is kinda bugging me. Just wondering if i should revert to mm for now or wait. Thanks for all of what you do, done, and plan to do for our shield tvs.
Not for now. I updated today the full Nougat 1.2 based on the last 5.1 Nvidia update.

Before the primary things, and after all others.