[ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Nexus Player][v.1.3]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat for Nexus Player][v.1.1]

Post by zulu99 »

nashi2000 wrote:Hello Zulu,

Thanks a lot I can't wait to get home and flash this.

Can you tell how to dual boot Android TV and full Android? I never knew you can do that.
The procedure for dual boot is in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1609#p3760

But Nexus Player have only USB 2 not USB 3 like Shield TV, therefore the read / write speed of disk will be very slow. Is just an experiment, not something that you can use in real life. maybe just to use some video apps.

Instead on Shield TV with USB 3 the dual boot is wonderful, with a fast ssd disk, better than internal disk of Shield TV and Shield TV pro

For this reason, for the next device, i suggest to buy a device with 3GB ram and USB 3

The new Rockchip RK3399 boxes will have USB 3 in few months
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
dabanhfreak

Post by dabanhfreak »

Thanks Zulu, it installed great.

Just a problem installing Adaway, it won't install to the hosts file.
I tried the systemless root fix here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2190753
but no success. Can you point out a solution I can try?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

dabanhfreak wrote:Thanks Zulu, it installed great.

Just a problem installing Adaway, it won't install to the hosts file.
I tried the systemless root fix here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2190753
i can root with supersu and write to the system folder without problems with es file explorera and others file manager that support root. Therefore you should not have problems.

Anyway, try to put selinux in permissive mode, install the app and after put selinux in enforcing mode.

terminal emulator:
su
setenforce 0
install the apk
setenforce 1
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
wezela

Post by wezela »

dabanhfreak wrote:Just a problem installing Adaway, it won't install to the hosts file.
Adaway hasn't been updated for nougat yet. It should get an update in about a week which won't require a separate fix for systemless root either.
jun3280

Post by jun3280 »

Zulu99 I moved to your Nougat build from 6.01 per your suggestion. It fixed the app compatibility! Thank you. I have another question - is there a way to rename the unit from Nexus Player? I only ask because I have a few units and when I try to cast to the device from the phone, it's not possible to discern which is which. Aside from one crash while running Kodi, this has been an amazing rom! Thank you so much for sharing.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

jun3280 wrote:Zulu99 I moved to your Nougat build from 6.01 per your suggestion. It fixed the app compatibility! Thank you. I have another question - is there a way to rename the unit from Nexus Player? I only ask because I have a few units and when I try to cast to the device from the phone, it's not possible to discern which is which. Aside from one crash while running Kodi, this has been an amazing rom! Thank you so much for sharing.
i not suggest to do this, the name in build.prop is very importatnt for widevice drm stuff. if you change the name you can also lose some functionalities.
NPUser

Post by NPUser »

This firmware is working great on my Nexus Player, so thank you for all of your hard work!

Since you are using NRD90M in the build, was there any reason that you have not updated this to NRD90R? I think this includes a Stagefright updated patch?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

NPUser wrote:This firmware is working great on my Nexus Player, so thank you for all of your hard work!

Since you are using NRD90M in the build, was there any reason that you have not updated this to NRD90R? I think this includes a Stagefright updated patch?
i not update just for stupid security patch, because we have root and we can fight with others process with the same privileges, in the very remote case that someone will be able to exploits this improbable security vulnerability.

it just protect google interests, nothing for the end-user. Stagefright was fixed many time ago.

i will update to 7.1 when the source code will be online.
Johnny S

Post by Johnny S »

Hello zulu99,

thank you for this great ROM.

My only problem are audio drops, but I had them on all ROMs I intalled on Nexus player. So I decided to buy a USB Audio dongle with S/PDIF output.
Unfortunately it doesn´t work. I tried this dongle with my Galaxy S7 and it worked out of the box.

What can I do? What did I wrong?

I´d be very happy if you could help me.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Johnny S
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Johnny S wrote:Hello zulu99,

thank you for this great ROM.

My only problem are audio drops, but I had them on all ROMs I intalled on Nexus player. So I decided to buy a USB Audio dongle with S/PDIF output.
Unfortunately it doesn´t work. I tried this dongle with my Galaxy S7 and it worked out of the box.

What can I do? What did I wrong?

I´d be very happy if you could help me.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Johnny S
Personally and also others users not have problems of audio drops, maybe is your TV / hdmi problem. Try with another TV.

About the usb audio dongle, not all are compatible. Depend if is compatible with the kernel of Nexus Player.
I will check with my usb audio dongle.....