[ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Nexus Player][v.1.3]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Nexus Player][v.1.3]

Post by zulu99 »

I have a working full OREO firmware on my Nexus Player.

But i can't publish for now, because the firmware have a strange problem.. The mouse not work like it should.

Mainly i can't long press with the mouse on items. For example i can't drag icons on UI or drag widget on the home or all others actions that usually we can do with mouse long press.

This actions, if i use the DroidMote Touch Mouse, are working, because the DroidMote Touch Mouse is like a touch action that is different from the default DroidMote mouse functionality that is like an hardware mouse. Therefore you can drag only with touch but not with mouse.

SOMEONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS PROBLEM ?

P.S.

I found on internet this link
https://forums.androidcentral.com/andro ... tures.html

Seems that also others have this problem with OREO.

Can someone confirm ? Can you try a mouse on a pixel / nexus phone or tablet ?

UPDATE

I found the bug and i confirm that this patch solve the problem. Soon i will publish full Android Oreo for Nexus Player.

https://android-review.googlesource.com ... /+/491838/
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
sam.balia1012

Post by sam.balia1012 »

@zulu99 thanks man. you have made the only working full android for nexus player, and for that
I thank you, great job!!!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

sam.balia1012 wrote:@zulu99 thanks man. you have made the only working full android for nexus player, and for that
I thank you, great job!!!
Yes but is not simple with 1GB ram
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
fcipaq

Post by fcipaq »

@zulu99: Would you mind sharing board and config files? I'd like to rebuild the ROM with current security patches. I am using this ROM for another tablet (Dell Venue 7840) which is very similar in hardware design compared to the fugu player. The ROM is running fine on that hardware but security patches are quite outdated. (I could not get oreo running running on that tablet).
So please let me know. I would really appreciate that.
brick0044

Post by brick0044 »

I really want to try this rom but when I get to step 3 "fastboot -w" it has an "error: Cannot generate image for userdata". So I tried "fastboot erase userdata". I have tried 4 times and get the same result, when I reboot it just boot loops. I was thinking maybe it is because I had Oreo on the nexus player before I started. Any ideas?

I got it by installing twrp and doing a factory reset. Now it boots fine.