[ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Nexus Player][v.1.3]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
wezela

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat for Nexus Player][v.1.0]

Post by wezela »

53l3c7a wrote:This is running wonderfully. Its a bit soon to tell, but I think the audio dropouts I was having on stock are gone. I'm a DroidMote user myself, but my wife has only iOS devices. Is there a way to get the Android TV Remote app to work with this firmware? I'd like for her to be able to use Kodi when I'm not home.
Kore works great for me on android for basic kodi use, and it seems they have an ios version. To keep kodi loaded all the time you could use the XBMC launcher to make it your home.

zulu99 wrote:UPDATE:
For Vulkan, your sample is made for Shield TV and have a specific Nvidia implementation. We must test others things.
If you know a sample that works on stock firmware please let me know.
That makes sense since it's promoted directly from nvidia. Unfortunately there don't seem to be many other vulkan demos or any apps at all in the playstore that make use of the API yet. In regards to the NP hardware, imagination's powervr has a few demos but I didn't have much luck with them. I extracted the compiled apks from their modified NP image and only the "hal_blit_test" seems to run, when launched from the included launcher app, and I'm not sure if that even makes use of vulkan like the vkBonjour demo does. Other than that, their gnome horde demo looks like a good test, but I don't have the build environment to make a binary of it right now.

Also, there seems to be a debugging system app left installed called "WebView Shell" which opens to a browser tester, not sure if it's a mistake.

UPDATE: I managed to compile the gnome demo but it's crashing on launch. Not sure of the exact reason why.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

vezela wrote:
zulu99 wrote:UPDATE:
For Vulkan, your sample is made for Shield TV and have a specific Nvidia implementation. We must test others things.
If you know a sample that works on stock firmware please let me know.
That makes sense since it's promoted directly from nvidia. Unfortunately there don't seem to be many other vulkan demos or any apps at all in the playstore that make use of the API yet. In regards to the NP hardware, imagination's powervr has a few demos but I didn't have much luck with them. I extracted the compiled apks from their modified NP image and only the "hal_blit_test" seems to run, when launched from the included launcher app, and I'm not sure if that even makes use of vulkan like the vkBonjour demo does. Other than that, their gnome horde demo looks like a good test, but I don't have the build environment to make a binary of it right now.

Also, there seems to be a debugging system app left installed called "WebView Shell" which opens to a browser tester, not sure if it's a mistake.

UPDATE: I managed to compile the gnome demo but it's crashing on launch. Not sure of the exact reason why.
Thanks for your test on vulkan. For now only the native x86 samples should work, i will add also another lib for arm, but is not a big problem for now and with your samples, i have the same result also with this lib inside. I will test your stuff better to understand if all ok. I can work calmly because still there is nothing with vulkan inside.
Try to compile this, are more recent and is the good stuff that we need: https://github.com/googlesamples/androi ... -tutorials
We need a sample that for sure work on the stock firmware.

About the remote for Kodi, if you need only a very basic remote for Kodi that have only directional keys and without mouse and keyboard, that instead are very useful for a faster interaction, you can use also the nexus player hardware remote. With DroidMote instead you can control in better way Kodi and all others millions apps and games present in Google Play. Nothing special, just a clarification to defend my work.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

About Vulkan

Compiled android vulkan tutorials from https://github.com/googlesamples/androi ... -tutorials

seems all ok

http://goo.gl/4DvQaB

I found also the official Vulkan Hardware Capability Viewer here:

http://vulkan.gpuinfo.org/download.php

You can download the x86 version and run the app to see all the specifications about vulkan on your device
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
53l3c7a

Post by 53l3c7a »

zulu99 wrote: About the remote for Kodi, if you need only a very basic remote for Kodi that have only directional keys and without mouse and keyboard, that instead are very useful for a faster interaction, you can use also the nexus player hardware remote. With DroidMote instead you can control in better way Kodi and all others millions apps and games present in Google Play. Nothing special, just a clarification to defend my work.
Thanks for your reply! I use Droidmote myself, and love it. My wife is techie enough to perform her job, but gets frustrated when I change things involving her being able to unwind after work, i.e. TV. I installed the Kodi remote on her iPad, and it works great as well. What I need a simple hardware remote for are the times when Kodi is not in the foreground, and she needs to navigate to the app to use it.

You may ask, "Why do I refuse to use the hardware remote?" Well, my naughty bulldog has eaten 12 remotes, and counting. I've kept the NP remote in a drawer on purpose, since I can't find replacements online. Perhaps I just need to look in to 3rd party remotes, and buy 6 of them right away :)

Again, thanks for the awesome firmware @zulu99! It's working beautifully, and you breathe new life into this awesome piece of tech with every release.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

53l3c7a wrote:
zulu99 wrote: About the remote for Kodi, if you need only a very basic remote for Kodi that have only directional keys and without mouse and keyboard, that instead are very useful for a faster interaction, you can use also the nexus player hardware remote. With DroidMote instead you can control in better way Kodi and all others millions apps and games present in Google Play. Nothing special, just a clarification to defend my work.
Thanks for your reply! I use Droidmote myself, and love it. My wife is techie enough to perform her job, but gets frustrated when I change things involving her being able to unwind after work, i.e. TV. I installed the Kodi remote on her iPad, and it works great as well. What I need a simple hardware remote for are the times when Kodi is not in the foreground, and she needs to navigate to the app to use it.

You may ask, "Why do I refuse to use the hardware remote?" Well, my naughty bulldog has eaten 12 remotes, and counting. I've kept the NP remote in a drawer on purpose, since I can't find replacements online. Perhaps I just need to look in to 3rd party remotes, and buy 6 of them right away :)

Again, thanks for the awesome firmware @zulu99! It's working beautifully, and you breathe new life into this awesome piece of tech with every release.
Many thank to you to support me with your words.
Otisrhw

Post by Otisrhw »

is his better than marmarshmallow?
Otisrhw

Post by Otisrhw »

Showbox.akp crashes, popcorntime and cinema box apk black screen when switching to video player (click to stream the screen goes to black screen with nav bar). Chrome not responding but installed system WebView and may be fixed now.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Otisrhw wrote:Showbox.akp crashes, popcorntime and cinema box apk black screen when switching to video player (click to stream the screen goes to black screen with nav bar). Chrome not responding but installed system WebView and may be fixed now.
There is a problem with webview, i will fix if is a firmware problem. ( for sure i will add the ability to switch webview from developer options )

But the same behaviour described from you happen also on stock firmware.

with Chrome i don't have any problem.

i'm investigating, but i think that this apps was not updated to support Nougat x86
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat for Nexus Player][v.1.1]

Post by zulu99 »

About the Full Android 1.1 update

You will find the changelog in first post. In case you come from Full Android Nougat 1.0, you can flash only the system.img without wipe data. IN this way you don't lose apps installed and all configurations.
nashi2000

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat for Nexus Player][v.1.1]

Post by nashi2000 »

Hello Zulu,

Thanks a lot I can't wait to get home and flash this.

Can you tell how to dual boot Android TV and full Android? I never knew you can do that.