[ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Nexus Player][v.1.3]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Johnny S

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat for Nexus Player][v.1.1]

Post by Johnny S »

zulu99 wrote:
Johnny S wrote:Hello zulu99,

thank you for this great ROM.

My only problem are audio drops, but I had them on all ROMs I intalled on Nexus player. So I decided to buy a USB Audio dongle with S/PDIF output.
Unfortunately it doesn´t work. I tried this dongle with my Galaxy S7 and it worked out of the box.

What can I do? What did I wrong?

I´d be very happy if you could help me.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Johnny S
Personally and also others users not have problems of audio drops, maybe is your TV / hdmi problem. Try with another TV.

About the usb audio dongle, not all are compatible. Depend if is compatible with the kernel of Nexus Player.
I will check with my usb audio dongle.....
Thank you for your help. I have this product:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005M1 ... UTF8&psc=1
Johnny S

Post by Johnny S »

My USB Audio out connector uses CM6206 chipset.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Johnny S wrote:My USB Audio out connector uses CM6206 chipset.
I had one usb audio device working and another not working.

i changed the file /system/etc/audio_policy.conf in this way:

ORIGINAL:

usb {
outputs {
usb_device {
sampling_rates dynamic
channel_masks dynamic
formats dynamic
devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_DEVICE
}
}

MY CHANGE:

usb {
outputs {
usb_device {
sampling_rates 48000
channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
formats dynamic
devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_DEVICE
}
}

Reboot

Problem solved for me.

PS.
If when you connect your usb audio, you lose the hdmi audio, mean that the kernel recognize your new usb audio device. Therefore with my change you should solve. Instead if you connect the usb audio and you not lose the hdmi audio, mean that the kernel not have the module for your device. dmesg can help you to understand. But many usb audio chipset are already inluded in the kernel.

ANDROID WITHOUT ROOT IS JUST A TRAP FOR CATS. A FERRARI WITHOUT ENGINE. A MONEY MACHINE THAT CAN FORCE YOU TO BUY ALL THAT GOOGLE AND THE MANUFACTURER WANT. YOU ARE NOT THE REAL OWNER BUT JUST A GUEST DESPITE YOU PAID MONEY TO BUY THE DEVICE :)
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Johnny S

Post by Johnny S »

Ok, with your change I lose hdmi audio now. But there is no sound recognized by my Yamaha YSP-4000´s s/pdif input.
I have to learn about dmesg to use it...
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Johnny S wrote:Ok, with your change I lose hdmi audio now. But there is no sound recognized by my Yamaha YSP-4000´s s/pdif input.
I wrote that you should lose the hdmi audio if you connect a compatible usb audio device also by default, in this case with my changes you can solve.

Instead, if in default condition nothing happen when you connect the usb audio device, you not lose hdmi audio, means that your audio chipset is not recognized by the kernel.

There is nothing to understand on the command dmesg
Are log of the kernels that you can read
Connect the usb audio device and read the log of the command dmesg. In this way you can read at the end of log if the kernel recognize the audio device. Connect and disconnect and read the last lines.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
nashi2000

Post by nashi2000 »

Hello Zulu,

Is Bluetooth audio speaker work on this ROM? Or did it work on Marshmallow.? On stock Nougat it seems not working. Can not locate my bluetooth speakers in order to pair them. Thanks a lot for your insight on this
Johnny S

Post by Johnny S »

zulu99 wrote:
Johnny S wrote:Ok, with your change I lose hdmi audio now. But there is no sound recognized by my Yamaha YSP-4000´s s/pdif input.
I wrote that you should lose the hdmi audio if you connect a compatible usb audio device also by default, in this case with my changes you can solve.

Instead, if in default condition nothing happen when you connect the usb audio device, you not lose hdmi audio, means that your audio chipset is not recognized by the kernel.

Connect the usb audio device and read the log of the command dmesg. In this way you can read at the end of log if the kernel recognize the audio device. Connect and disconnect and read the last lines.
Ok, I found out my fault: I didn´t really change that file because it was not saved. I tried to save it several times but I can´t mount system as writable.
I googled and found out that nougat has a limitation. I tried to install busybox to solve this but it failed.
How did you manage to change and save this file?

Thanks in advance!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Johnny S wrote:
zulu99 wrote:

Ok, I found out my fault: I didn´t really change that file because it was not saved. I tried to save it several times but I can´t mount system as writable.
I googled and found out that nougat has a limitation. I tried to install busybox to solve this but it failed.
How did you manage to change and save this file?

Thanks in advance!
if you have root, you can use Solid Explorer File Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dexplorer2

but also many others good file explorer that manage well system less root.
Johnny S

Post by Johnny S »

I have root and I tried Solid explorer and other file managers (ES, Xplorer), but none of them can write to my system partition. Then I copied the file to my sdcard, modified it, but I couldn´t copy it back to system/etc. Then I tried to copy this modified file from sd to system/etc in recovery with TWRP´s file explorer but after that I couldn´t reboot. I had to restore a nandroid.

Why is my system unwritable and yours writable? I don´t think I changed something because I don´t have the abilities. What´s wrong?
i installed full Android boot and system image and after Supersu with TWRP recovery, nothing soecial.

after with Solid explorer i grant root permissions and i can write to system folder.

i suggest to reinstall the firmware like i explain in first post and root with supersu. Must work.

make sure to use the last Supersu and my boot image.

P.S.
You can try also what happen manually:

Install busybox https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ik.busybox

Oper terminal emulator:

su
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
Johnny S

Post by Johnny S »

Johnny S wrote:
I have root and I tried Solid explorer and other file managers (ES, Xplorer), but none of them can write to my system partition. Then I copied the file to my sdcard, modified it, but I couldn´t copy it back to system/etc. Then I tried to copy this modified file from sd to system/etc in recovery with TWRP´s file explorer but after that I couldn´t reboot. I had to restore a nandroid.

Why is my system unwritable and yours writable? I don´t think I changed something because I don´t have the abilities. What´s wrong?
i installed full Android boot and system image and after Supersu with TWRP recovery, nothing soecial.

after with Solid explorer i grant root permissions and i can write to system folder.

i suggest to reinstall the firmware like i explain in first post and root with supersu. Must work.

make sure to use the last Supersu and my boot image.

P.S.
You can try also what happen manually:

Install busybox https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ik.busybox

Oper terminal emulator:

su
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
Ok, I reinstalled the firmware and now it works like you described it. Thank you!

Does your nexus player support AC3 passthrough (Kodi) with the usb audio? Mine doesn´t... The sounds that is played is only stuttering.

I tested it with my Galaxy S7 and it supports AC3 passthrough with the same usb audio adapter (s/pdif) out of the box.

Of course I´d like to have AC3 support for my nexus player, too. Do you have an idea how to make it work?

I´d like to give you a donation, do you have a paypal account?

Best regards, zhlvf