[ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Nexus Player][v.1.3]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat for Nexus Player][v.1.1]

Post by zulu99 »

Johnny S wrote:
Johnny S wrote:
I have root and I tried Solid explorer and other file managers (ES, Xplorer), but none of them can write to my system partition. Then I copied the file to my sdcard, modified it, but I couldn´t copy it back to system/etc. Then I tried to copy this modified file from sd to system/etc in recovery with TWRP´s file explorer but after that I couldn´t reboot. I had to restore a nandroid.

Why is my system unwritable and yours writable? I don´t think I changed something because I don´t have the abilities. What´s wrong?
i installed full Android boot and system image and after Supersu with TWRP recovery, nothing soecial.

after with Solid explorer i grant root permissions and i can write to system folder.

i suggest to reinstall the firmware like i explain in first post and root with supersu. Must work.

make sure to use the last Supersu and my boot image.

P.S.
You can try also what happen manually:

Install busybox https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ik.busybox

Oper terminal emulator:

su
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
Ok, I reinstalled the firmware and now it works like you described it. Thank you!

Does your nexus player support AC3 passthrough (Kodi) with the usb audio? Mine doesn´t... The sounds that is played is only stuttering.

I tested it with my Galaxy S7 and it supports AC3 passthrough with the same usb audio adapter (s/pdif) out of the box.

Of course I´d like to have AC3 support for my nexus player, too. Do you have an idea how to make it work?

I´d like to give you a donation, do you have a paypal account?

Best regards, zhlvf
I never tested passthrough, i use only to hdmi of my TV. Ususally i use the USB audio for record the screen. I can't help on this.

For donation you can find the link in my signature. Thanks.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
jamjam23

Post by jamjam23 »

Does this version work with leanback/Android TV version of Netflix for HD play?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

jamjam23 wrote:Does this version work with leanback/Android TV version of Netflix for HD play?
YES
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
jun3280

Post by jun3280 »

Hi Zulu - ROM has been running excellent. I have a question - as the Nexus Player does not have a power switch, is there a way to reboot the device from the Settings? Thanks
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

jun3280 wrote:Hi Zulu - ROM has been running excellent. I have a question - as the Nexus Player does not have a power switch, is there a way to reboot the device from the Settings? Thanks
If you use DroidMote, a long press on power button show the power menu with shut down and reboot.

You can also install apps like Material Power Menu
renoob

Post by renoob »

Is it build.prop that sets x86 and play store compatibility for the Nexus Player?

Is there a way to run apps not designed for x86, like an emulator or such?

Here in the US, cable providers are now excluding content for Android TV devices, but apps work fine on tablets.
I assume they get this classification from the build.prop, as my device is listed as a "fugu Nexus Player".

I am going to try this Nougat ROM again, but originally, although I found it interesting, AC3 pass-through was a significant issue for me,
and I still found the need to sideload many apps that were still not showing as available through the Play Store.

It's almost like the Nexus needs to spoof the Play Store like a web browser can do with a "user agent" extension.

Currently I'm on DHacker29's PureNexus 6.0.1 ROM, and I'm wondering if I have just reached the limitation of the Nexus, and an upgrade
to Shield TV is the ultimate solution?

I believe the Shield is x64 and ARM, is that correct?

What thoughts do you have about these issues?
Thank you, zulu99.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

renoob wrote:Is it build.prop that sets x86 and play store compatibility for the Nexus Player?

Is there a way to run apps not designed for x86, like an emulator or such?

Here in the US, cable providers are now excluding content for Android TV devices, but apps work fine on tablets.
I assume they get this classification from the build.prop, as my device is listed as a "fugu Nexus Player".

I am going to try this Nougat ROM again, but originally, although I found it interesting, AC3 pass-through was a significant issue for me,
and I still found the need to sideload many apps that were still not showing as available through the Play Store.

It's almost like the Nexus needs to spoof the Play Store like a web browser can do with a "user agent" extension.

Currently I'm on DHacker29's PureNexus 6.0.1 ROM, and I'm wondering if I have just reached the limitation of the Nexus, and an upgrade
to Shield TV is the ultimate solution?

I believe the Shield is x64 and ARM, is that correct?

What thoughts do you have about these issues?
Thank you, zulu99.
Nexus Player full Android can run x86 apps and also arm apps, thanks to Houdini component that can translate arm code in x86 code.

Yes, some apps check the build.prop to know what device you are using.

To spoof another device, you can edit the build.prop and change the device name and more important the fingerprint.

Is not necessary change things related to x86 and arm

Usually all apps that works on Tablet can work also on Nexus Player full Android if the developer don't check the word fugu in build.prop and disable the execution on purpose. But in this case you can try with a customized build.prop

Houdini try to do his best to translate arm code to x86 code but does not work always. 68%
sam.balia1012

Post by sam.balia1012 »

@zulu99
any chance you upgrade this build to 7.1.1 ?
Christmas present for nexus player people!!!!
Thanx
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

sam.balia1012 wrote:@zulu99
any chance you upgrade this build to 7.1.1 ?
Christmas present for nexus player people!!!!
Thanx
In upload...
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Nexus Player][v.1.2]

Post by zulu99 »

Full Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Nexus Player was realsed. You can find the update on the first post