[ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Nexus Player][v.1.3]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][AOSP][Full Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Nexus Player][v.1.2]

Post by zulu99 »

Since the Nexus Player is not a powerful device, i use the following settings in Developer Options to speed up the device.

Force use of GPU for 2d drawing is enabled

Window animation scale to 0.5

Transition animation scale to 0.5

Animator duration scale to 0.5

Background process limit set to at most 3 processes
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
rufus007

Post by rufus007 »

I registered just to say thanks for this Rom zulu99! Works great overall, and even with chromecast. I installed a playstore app screen shift and was able to adjust overscan (w/root). My only question - is there a way to edit the cast name of this device, maybe by editing a file etc? The usual renaming method through google home doesn't work.

Cheers!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

rufus007 wrote:I registered just to say thanks for this Rom zulu99! Works great overall, and even with chromecast. I installed a playstore app screen shift and was able to adjust overscan (w/root). My only question - is there a way to edit the cast name of this device, maybe by editing a file etc? The usual renaming method through google home doesn't work.

Cheers!
I never tested, maybe if you edit build.prop device name ?

But usually this value is also uses for DRM stuff, therefore you can test, but if you lose DRM functionalities, edit back the build.prop file
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
rufus007

Post by rufus007 »

I tried a couple of settings in build.prop

ro.product.model=Nexus Player (to Lounge)
ro.product.device=fugu (to Lounge again)
ro.product.name=full_fugu (Lounge again)

No change to the cast receiver name with any of these. The settings stuck though, as I can see them settings > about

Would you have any other ideas? No big deal if not possible, its just the 'final touch' for me. A quick google search didn't reveal where the namestring is stored, but I'll have a bigger look later on.

Thanks again
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

rufus007 wrote:I tried a couple of settings in build.prop

ro.product.model=Nexus Player (to Lounge)
ro.product.device=fugu (to Lounge again)
ro.product.name=full_fugu (Lounge again)

No change to the cast receiver name with any of these. The settings stuck though, as I can see them settings > about

Would you have any other ideas? No big deal if not possible, its just the 'final touch' for me. A quick google search didn't reveal where the namestring is stored, but I'll have a bigger look later on.

Thanks again
Try also the bluetooth device name. But i never investigate where castreceiver get the name, is also possible that your change not take effect because the name was taken from castreceiver at first setup. You should also clear cache and data app of castreceiver after you change the name in build.prop

But i repeat, i'm not sure, i never tested.
rufus007

Post by rufus007 »

I changed Bluetooth name, stop cast service, clear cache and data, reboot. Cast name is still Nexus player.

Also did these steps after build.prop edit but no change either.

Not a real issue tho, everything else works great. If I ever find how to change name, I'll post back here
rufus007

Post by rufus007 »

Okay, so turns out on stock rom its changed through settings > about > device name
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

rufus007 wrote:Okay, so turns out on stock rom its changed through settings > about > device name
Then check what parapeter changed with the command

getprop

after you can set manually with the command

setprop
jmadotme

Post by jmadotme »

Hello, i'm currently problem with screen size, is there any way to change screen size? like the leanbak screen size adjustment activity?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

jmadotme wrote:Hello, i'm currently problem with screen size, is there any way to change screen size? like the leanbak screen size adjustment activity?
Usually on your TV you should have a button to fit automatically the screen in case of incorrect overscan.

Anyway the app inside the stock firmware is a normal apk that you can use also on full Android. Maybe to have more permissions should be installed in the system/priv-app folder. just this.

try this link:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus- ... h-t2990250

Otherwise extract by yourself the original apk from the stock firmware.