[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
fredphoesh

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by fredphoesh »

Thanks 34dabears and veronica,
I definitely did do a fastboot -w when i was flashing the rom... I remember it wiping cache etc. there was NOTHING on the system when it booted. I did not recover anything, I installed fresh from the play store, so lost all my data, the installation was 100% clean... even the SD card was reformatted.

I have the 16mb version and DO have an SD card which I have used with adaptive storage - most apps that CAN be installed there, ARE... and it worked fine with my same console when I had the stock Leanback Nougat.
I guess at some point I should re-flash... or perhaps my SD card is dying, and could get another, clone the original, see if it works faster/more reliably.

Thanks,
mark.
34dabears wrote: I did have issues with a lot of crashing and slugishness if I tried skipping fastboot -w since I have the 500 gb pro vs I was just using twrp to do it I tried several methods with twrp long story short I always use the fastboot -w method and dont have any of the issues that I was getting the other way with twrp. Here I copied from Veronicas
To restore power button behaviour (you need root):

open the file /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl

and change from:

key 116 STB_POWER

to:

key 116 POWER

* reboot *
Stevie G

Post by Stevie G »

Veronica wrote:
Stevie G wrote: Hi Veronica

Sorry I looked wrong, I'm on StockRestyle 3.2 for Shield Android TV, how do I do back to stock 3.3 or do I just update it automatically. Will it brick or must I flash again.

Please show me steps to go to stock before I update to Nougat.

Thank you
Ok, as you have old bootloader you need to first go back to stock Marshmallow v3.2 which is the version Stock Restyle 3.2 Marshmallow was based on (the one you have installed)

You have to download the stock 3.2 recovery image for your device model from the following website:

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT ONE:

Once you finish downloading, unzip it and FLASH ONLY THE FOLLOWING IMAGES (.img) from that package:

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot -w
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot

DO NOT USE flashall.bat or flashall.sh AND DOT FLASH ANYTHING ELSE as it is not necessary and also because the bootloader (blob file) is included too and it is a sensitive file.

Once done and the system start in Marshmallow wait for it to automatically download stock 5.1 OTA and prompt you to reboot to install the update, accept and let it do it's thing. Wait for it to boot and start in latest Android TV Nougat and just then you'll be finally ready to follow the instructions of 1st post.

PLEASE REMEMBER, ONCE IN ANDROID NOUGAT YOU CAN NO LONGER DOWNGRADE THE BOOTLOADER.
Thanks Veronica, much appreciated!!!!!
Stevel

Post by Stevel »

Any news or updates on skype and webcams?
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Stevel wrote:Any news or updates on skype and webcams?
no, we haven't got back to it but it is clear it's a nvidia and skype issue. Zulu99 is not going to fix other apps than his but I'll remind him about this topic.

Sent from my Tapatalk beta Hub
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
riesdepies

Post by riesdepies »

I have root (checked with root checker) but I don't seem to be able to change file permissions. Is this the normal behavior?
I'm using Total Commander which I granted root. It says "Function succeeded!" when I try to change file permissions but nothing changes..
chawoja06@gmail.com

Post by chawoja06@gmail.com »

Question: Having issues installing Fastboot drivers. 2017 Shield 16GB. Got shield into dev mode, then into fastboot, hooked to computer. Trying to update drivers for Fastboot and getting error incorrect driver, I have tried the Zulu drivers and from NVIDIA site with no luck, I am on windows 10 64 bit. Any Ideas. Thanks
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

riesdepies wrote:I have root (checked with root checker) but I don't seem to be able to change file permissions. Is this the normal behavior?
I'm using Total Commander which I granted root. It says "Function succeeded!" when I try to change file permissions but nothing changes..
no issues here, used SuperSU and ES File Explorer.
I know apps like X-plorer has various superuser options so first check in Total commander settings.
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
riesdepies

Post by riesdepies »

Veronica wrote:no issues here, used SuperSU and ES File Explorer.
I know apps like X-plorer has various superuser options so first check in Total commander settings.
Thanks a lot Veronica, ES File Explorer did the job!
hugh a

Post by hugh a »

@Veronica any idea if theme apps like substratum or layers will work on this rom?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... substratum
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

chawoja06@gmail.com wrote:Question: Having issues installing Fastboot drivers. 2017 Shield 16GB. Got shield into dev mode, then into fastboot, hooked to computer. Trying to update drivers for Fastboot and getting error incorrect driver, I have tried the Zulu drivers and from NVIDIA site with no luck, I am on windows 10 64 bit. Any Ideas. Thanks
Read the following to fix it:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/shield ... st70773777