[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
willcz1

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by willcz1 »

I was on shield tv software version 5.0.2 when I flashed full Android 1.3. That was in 2017 well this week I got a wild hair to flash back to stock take OTA'S and flash full Android 1.5 here is my long 2 day story condensed:

I was confused as to wich Nvidia stock rom version I was supposed to flash so I started with Stock 3.3. This was a mistake then I flashed stock 5.0 then I flashed Stock 5.2 then I reflashed stock 3.3. then I flashed 5.0.2 and even more lol

At this point I was getting flashing failures none of them would complete. Yes I flashed blobs I flashed boots I flashed userdata I flashed everything from many different versions. I just kept flashing and in different order. IT WAS CHAOS! Of course the only thing I could get to was Bootloader (how I dont know)

I somehow got Stock 3.3 to flash and all of it flashed. It actually booted I couldnt freaking believe it! After the android logo at boot the screen goes green. I almost bashed my tv in with a hammer at this point.

At this point I was running these commands fastboot erase system, fastboot erase cache, fastboot erase boot. I DONT RECOMEND DOING THESE COMMANDS! I could no longer flash the stuff I was erasing like boot sector. After these commands I just kept flashing things that would flash. And I just kept flashing. Somehow I got those erased sectors back. Still couldnt get anything to boot

I found out on XDA that if I take the blob file from the 5.0.2 and the rest of the stock rom files from 5.0 (in my case) I got it to flash boot update OTA from Nvidia in increments to Stock 6.0. I then took Full Android 1.5 and flashed it. Im back up and running now full android 1.5 with 6.0 stock everything works fine

if anyone thinks they might have bricked their shield Dudes the Shield tv survived me Im sure you are not bricked. Unless you cant even get to bootloader.

Thanks Zulu for Awesome Rom
sunny96

Post by sunny96 »

MiikkaKoo wrote:
sunny96 wrote:@zulu99

Is there any step by step of setting up the DroidMote? I bought the app a few weeks ago and I have never used it because I can't get it work. I connected the DroidMote client to the server but it doesn't work.

I have also seen the youtube of how you can control the shield with your mobile phone using DroidMote but there was no instruction on how to set that up. Is there a guide for these?

Cheers

N.B - It's not a problem if I can't the DroidMote to work with the shield though Bro, I will just see the money I spent as a way of supporting your work.
A you read this?: https://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm
I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. I can't get my phone to connect to the shield despite the fact that they are both on the same router. The search couldn't find my shield and entering the IP address of the sheild into the droidmotre client manually didn't connect to the server on the shield either. Is there anything I need to enable to be able to get the phone to see the shield?

Thx
willcz1

Post by willcz1 »

sunny96 wrote:
MiikkaKoo wrote:
sunny96 wrote:@zulu99

A you read this?: https://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm
I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. I can't get my phone to connect to the shield despite the fact that they are both on the same router. The search couldn't find my shield and entering the IP address of the sheild into the droidmotre client manually didn't connect to the server on the shield either. Is there anything I need to enable to be able to get the phone to see the shield?

Thx
Have root? wont run without

install droidmote server to shield tv

install client to your device (this doesnt need root)

start server on shield

start client on phone tap 3 dot menu in upper right tap connect if shows an IP connect to it

if doesnt type in the IP with port that is displayed on server side ie: 198.9.500:2302

I have never had a problem with this I had to input the server Addy manually on client. Im not sure whats going on with yours
cornel262

Post by cornel262 »

Hello, someone can help me, my Shield 2017 16GB does not connect the WIFI with the V1.5
Greetings.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

if someone grab the url of the shield experience 7 update ( Android Oreo ), please post here.

with calm i will start the work on Full Android Oreo for Shield TV
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
sunny96

Post by sunny96 »

Thx[/quote][/quote]

Have root? wont run without

install droidmote server to shield tv

install client to your device (this doesnt need root)

start server on shield

start client on phone tap 3 dot menu in upper right tap connect if shows an IP connect to it

if doesnt type in the IP with port that is displayed on server side ie: 198.9.500:2302

I have never had a problem with this I had to input the server Addy manually on client. Im not sure whats going on with yours[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

It turns out that it was my VPN causing the issue. Once I reconfigure my VPN routing it connects every time.

Cheers.
Andro.Gamer

Post by Andro.Gamer »

zulu99 wrote:if someone grab the url of the shield experience 7 update ( Android Oreo ), please post here.

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible that when working on ANDROID FULL OREO for SHIELD TV based on the SHIELD EXPERIENCE 7.0 you could keep or add the SCREEN, TRANSMISSION and CAPTURE tool as it was removed :(
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

zulu99 wrote:if someone grab the url of the shield experience 7 update ( Android Oreo ), please post here.

They probably won't post a download for a couple of weeks, but I'll see if I can grab the OTA.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Mogster wrote:

They probably won't post a download for a couple of weeks, but I'll see if I can grab the OTA.
thanks. is better if i start early, because with a new android version ( from 7 to 8 ) i must do many works.
instead is more simple when Nvidia update his firmware but always on same Android version.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
willcz1

Post by willcz1 »

Zulu or anyone can help me PLEASE?

Im on full android 1.5 Everything works fine accept:

droidmote touch to nvidia shield controller profiles for First person shooting games. All buttons mapped and work fine accept the right stick!

The right stick does work it moves the characters POV but choppy. Its really annoying and makes the games hard to play. Its not smooth

So I downloaded an app called octopus from play store it works flawlessly, smooth and its free. Octopus is a chinese app so it does not function with google play services. I would have to start all my games over.

I tried to search the forums here on videomapit but everything I enter in the search field returns no results with a message "Search term entered is to common of a word please search a different term"

So I cant search the answer, I have this Octopus that controls games just fine. I paid for droidmote and thats what I want to work.

Is there some help with my issue please? Zulu anybody?

It seems like to me that droidmote right stick resets before it reaches a full 360 turn. On Octopus you only get the slowdown (like droidmote) when you complete a 360 degree turn. On user side would setting the deadzone negative fix the issue? Like -6 by editing the saved profile directly? I dunno I want it fixed
Last edited by willcz1 on Mon May 28, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.