[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
r.n.2

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by r.n.2 »

Hello everyone!

Newbie here. I just got Nvidia shield tv 2017 16gb. I want to install full android tv nougat on it. First question:

The file posted at the beginning of this thread:

"Full Android Nougat 1.5 firmware: https://goo.gl/xSjk9F",

is that the same for all three models: Nvidia shield tv 2015, Nvidia shield tv 2017, Nvidia shield tv Pro?

So, is that the file for my Nvidia shield tv 2017 16GB model? Just want to make sure I don't brick my shield.

Thank you, appreciate it.
shielduser2018

Post by shielduser2018 »

rahjer wrote: When I type "fastboot boot recovery.img" the Shield will reboot, display the " Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and may not work properly". Visit this link on another device: g.co/ABH" and then hang at the Nvidia logo and go no farther.

I am at a loss and need some suggestions.
Same issue with my 2017 Shield TV.
Its not getting into fastboot either (A+B on usb keyboard)
rahjer

Post by rahjer »

Anyone having problems playing Amazon Prime Video in HD and 4K. Even though we have Widevine L1 Prime Video will not play HD. Is there a fix?
rahjer

Post by rahjer »

Download the correct files from the links in the first post. Dont try to substitute for different versions of the files found elsewhere.
Use a computer monitor to do the flashing do not use a 4K tv. TWRP is not written for a 4K display.
You will need a USB male to male cable to flash your 2017 Shield TV
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0084 ... UTF8&psc=1

Use the following directions for the 2017 version and follow along with Veronica's youtube video she posted for the 2015 version.

Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Ensure the Shield Family drivers are extracted somewhere on your system and you know where they are. Extract TWRP Recovery image from the ZIP file rename it to something easy like twrp.img). Put this in your Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder. Copy supersu.zip into your Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder also. Do not extract it. Plug your Shield TV into the PC with a Male to Male USB 3.0 Cable, or if you have a pro you can use the micro usb port. Plug your Shield Controller into the USB port right next to the HDMI cable. The other port will NOT work. Note: If your bootloader is unlocked already, you don’t need to do this. Confirm drivers for ADB are installed: On your PC, go to Device Manager. Find the yellow triangle ADB device ,If none exist, you probably already have drivers. Right click the device and select Update Driver if you do have an error. When offered, browse your computer for the driver and point it to the Shield Family Drivers folder you extracted. When finished with the driver install, the yellow triangle device should be gone. Enable Developer mode on Shield TV On the Shield TV, go to Settings- About- Build (click 7 times on BUILD to unlock developer mode) Enable USB Debugging on Shield TV Settings - Developer - Debugging set to On A popup should appear asking for this PC’s authorization. Check the Don’t ask again for this PC box and select Allow. If it doesn’t show up now, it will later. Enable PC connection to Shield TV Go to Settings - Storage & reset i forgot to show this in video Under SHIELD storage access, turn on Using USB.
first we want to unlock the bootloader,Reboot into Bootloader on Shield TV Launch Minimal ADB and Fastboot from the Start Menu or icon.

1) Type adb devices and make sure your Shield TV appears You’ll have to authorize the PC before it will show up under adb devices, you will have a popup asking for access. Once you see your Shield TV when you run adb devices you’re ready to proceed.

2) Type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter. The Shield TV should reboot into the bootloader screen. On your PC, go to Device Manager. See if a yellow (!) exists that mentions FASTBOOT. If not, continue to unlock bootloader. Right click the device and select Update Driver. When offered, browse your computer for the driver and point it to the Shield Family Drivers folder you extracted in Preparation When finished with the driver install, the (!) yellow device should be gone.

3)Type fastboot devices and make sure your Shield TV is visible. Unlock Bootloader (skip if you already unlocked your bootloader)

4)Type in fastboot oem unlock and hit enter. EVERYTHING ON THE SHIELD TV WILL BE LOST (other than portable storage) You will see a prompt on the screen. Confirm to unlock the bootloader by pressing A on the Shield Controller. Let it finish. Reboot to Shield TV Interface Once the bootloader is unlocked, reboot the Shield TV (unplug/plug in) and return to the Shield TV main interface (you will have to go through setup again). Repeat Preparation: to re-enable Developer/USB Debugging. Note: at some point you will have to re-authorize your PC again; if an ADB command fails, be sure to look at your screen for the authorization prompt. Unplug the Shield Controller and plug your mouse into the same port. Reboot to Bootloader

5)Type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter. The Shield TV should reboot into the bootloader screen. Fastboot with TWRP

6)Type fastboot devices and make sure your Shield TV is visible. If your Shield TV is listed.

7) type fastboot boot twrp.img If TWRP doesn’t boot and the system reboots to Android TV, repeat Step 5 6 and 7 Immeditately after executing Fastboot, unplug the Male to Male USB cable. This will allow TWRP to boot.
Install SuperSU If you did NOT have to remove your cable in Step above: Select Advanced. Select ADB Sideload. Follow the instructions to Swipe to Start Sideload In the Minimal ADB and Fastboot window on your PC.

8) type in adb sideload supersu.zip or whatever you named supersu.zip SuperSU will install (watch the screen). If you DID have to remove the cable, Go to MOUNT Select ENABLE MTP Plug your Male to Male cable back in. Copy SuperSU.ZIP from your computer to the internal storage Go back to the main TWRP menu Select INSTALL SuperSU should appear on your internal storage, swipe to flash that file. Reboot to System Select Reboot System (Answer NO if asked anything about fixing or restoring ROOT) Run SuperSU application and apply any updates. Well Done your Rooted. it could reboot a few times and take a while to boot.
rippin686

Post by rippin686 »

Hi Zulu,

Hey I installed and tried to get your Oreo emulator to work on my windows 10 pc, but it will not start. I followed the readme file, ran the Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager silent_install.bat and then the start emulator.bat. Any ideas??
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

I do not own shield controller. Is there anyway to recover shield 2017 once it shows your device is corrupt and can’t be trusted.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

rippin686 wrote:Hi Zulu,

Hey I installed and tried to get your Oreo emulator to work on my windows 10 pc, but it will not start. I followed the readme file, ran the Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager silent_install.bat and then the start emulator.bat. Any ideas??
strange, it work on every pc i tested.

what hardware do you have ? CPU, GPU, RAM

try read this https://github.com/intel/haxm/wiki/Inst ... on-Windows
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
rippin686

Post by rippin686 »

That's it, I have an AMD processor. They are not compatible with haxm. Dang it.
greystash

Post by greystash »

@zulu99 Can you say why have my post concerning right click issue has been deleted?
iamthexfader

Post by iamthexfader »

Dear @zulu99,

Does this support 4k tv?
i downloaded from MEGA but unable to extract the .rar file, can you mirror it to gdrive?