[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
willcz1

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by willcz1 »

Andro.Gamer wrote:
zulu99 wrote:if someone grab the url of the shield experience 7 update ( Android Oreo ), please post here.

with calm i will start the work on Full Android Oreo for Shield TV
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible that when working on ANDROID FULL OREO for SHIELD TV based on the SHIELD EXPERIENCE 7.0 you could keep or add the SCREEN, TRANSMISSION and CAPTURE tool as it was removed :(
I know can you believe that!!?! I think what Nvidia did was remove the shortcut "Hold homekey to bring up capture tool" and put the capture tool in a slide out menu. All I can say is the slide out menu better draw above apps priority. Its Nvidia so probably not lol. This reminds me of when they took away the touch mouse in the center of the physical stock controller SO STUPID
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

zulu99 wrote:
Mogster wrote:
zulu99 wrote:if someone grab the url of the shield experience 7 update ( Android Oreo ), please post here.

with calm i will start the work on Full Android Oreo for Shield TV
They probably won't post a download for a couple of weeks, but I'll see if I can grab the OTA.
thanks. is better if i start early, because with a new android version ( from 7 to 8 ) i must do many works.
instead is more simple when Nvidia update his firmware but always on same Android version.
Well, no luck with the ROM yet, but the new kernel source is up on Nvidia's git server. BTW the branch name seems to have changed to "rel-29-r3-partner".

Edit: I'm not sure whether the new branch is actually for the Shield TV. I've asked on the Nvidia and XDA forums and no one has answered so far.
cornel262

Post by cornel262 »

Hello, someone can help me, I have problems with Sopcast since I put the Rom 5.1, it is not very fluid and can not be fixed.
A greeting.
dfkinca

Post by dfkinca »

I was able to update to SHIELD Experience 7.0.1 Preview but, despite trying to capture the OTA URL via adb logcat, was unable to do so.

Is there anyway that I can use adb shell (in TWRP recovery) to copy the images (system, vendor, boot) via dd and, if so, anyone out there willing to provide me with explicit instructions? Once I capture, I will be happy to post images for zulu99.

Thanks in advance.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Hi Zulu,
I have managed to install Android Noughat full version and so far all looks good. Thanks for it. I have seen previous post of mapping the mouse right to back button. Is there any software to map the middle scroll button of a mouse to the back button. Understand you cant use mouse right click as back button eventhough some chinese android tv provide this option.
Also one more issue i noticed with Kodi 17.3 on 4k monitor is the mouse pointer is not aligning with actual screen. Is there any fix for it

Thanking you
Enigma
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Nvidia 7.0.1 is in my hands. I started the work on full Oreo
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
riconweb

Post by riconweb »

Good News Zulu99, really looking forward for the new full room under Oreo.
If I may, a possibility for a Dualboot system would be great. Thanks for your hard/good work as always.
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

They restarted the rollout, huh? I guess that's what I get for sleeping in.
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

dfkinca wrote:I was able to update to SHIELD Experience 7.0.1 Preview but, despite trying to capture the OTA URL via adb logcat, was unable to do so.

Is there anyway that I can use adb shell (in TWRP recovery) to copy the images (system, vendor, boot) via dd and, if so, anyone out there willing to provide me with explicit instructions? Once I capture, I will be happy to post images for zulu99.

Thanks in advance.
Boot and system can be captured with a simple backup. Vendor can be captured by going to Advanced/Terminal and typing

Code: Select all

dd if=/dev/block/vendor of=<output>/vendor.img bs=64M
where <output> is one of the following:

"/sdcard" is the internal (emulated) SDcard
"/external_sd" is the external (physical) SDcard, 2015 and Pro models only
"/usb-otg" is a USB drive

Notes:
If you use a USB drive, make sure it's mounted before imaging. Also, TWRP can only recognize 1 USB drive at a time.
The image will be uncompressed, so make sure you have at least 768 MB free space.
The "bs" parameter is optional, but setting it to between 1M(egabytes) and 100M will speed things up.
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

zulu99 wrote:Nvidia 7.0.1 is in my hands. I started the work on full Oreo
EXCELLENT!!!
Thanks Zulu99.