[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by zulu99 »

n2outlaw wrote:
zulu99 wrote:For the Amazon remote, should be the same on the original firmware. Bluetooth of Android TV that we use now to have controller and voice, is less compatible than standatd bluetooth.
I'll have to try it on stock.

Also, after I install that file. The settings app stopped crashing.

Oh, and sorry to keep you up. Good night
I'm happy. Thanks for your test and help. Good night, i lost many hours of sleep to work on this firmware.

In the next days i will explain all the problematic that i had. Many, almost infinite.

But at end we have a very good firmware.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
rahjer

Post by rahjer »

I need some help. If someone can confirm this I believe I have bricked my 2015 unit. After updating to Nougat I tried the full android install and it came back with this error:

error: no devices/emulators found
target reported max download size of 67108864 bytes
sending 'staging' (3396 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.005s
target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'boot' (21932 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.003s
< waiting for any device >

Unit is stuck on the nvidia logo
I hear the windows double beep when my unit starts but I now cant get into the fastboot mode.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

rahjer wrote:I need some help. If someone can confirm this I believe I have bricked my 2015 unit. After updating to Nougat I tried the full android install and it came back with this error:

I hear the windows double beep when my unit starts but I now cant get into the fastboot mode.
If you were trying to install this firmware which only have system and vendor images then no, you haven't bricked your device. So you have tried all 3 methods to get into fastboot mode? One by software and the other two manually.

Did you read my notes in page #1? What OS are you using to flash?

For the time being power it off, or unplug the power and let it settle for some minutes then try again.
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

@zulu99 can you post the md5sum and SHA1 in first post so others can verify their download just in case and also if someone posts a mirror of the file they can make sure it hasn't been modified.
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Veronica wrote:@zulu99 can you post the md5sum and SHA1 in first post so others can verify their download just in case and also if someone posts a mirror of the file they can make sure it hasn't been modified.
sure i will do Today in the evening.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

rahjer wrote:I need some help. If someone can confirm this I believe I have bricked my 2015 unit. After updating to Nougat I tried the full android install and it came back with this error:

Try with a new usb cable.

If you change only system and vendor image you can't brick the device also if you want.
If instead you are playing with OTA and bootloaders, is your affair.

Happened to me some day ago. I used too much an usb cable for my tests, and he died. In reality not completly died, problems only with fastboot.

Anyway with a new usb cable, personally i used another Nvidia original, i solved the problem.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

darcy, the SATV 16GB 2017, have small modificarions in the kernel, therefore also a different boot image.

This mean that if in future i create boot from usb, i must create two different versions, and this is a pain in the ass.

I hope that at least the SATV 500GB 2017 have the same hardware of 2015 model, otherwise the boot images will be 3 and not just 2

But with calm we can have everything. The important fact is that i know how this devices work.

When you buy Shield TV, don't forget that the 16GB model is more flexyble for customization and you can still have all the space that you want.

The 500GB model, have the problem that to wipe data on the HD, you need almost 2 hours. Not flashing friendly.
PLAY911

Post by PLAY911 »

zulu99 wrote:
PLAY911 wrote:Hi all, in 2015 works great,....full screen, nice wifi range, etc....

But I have the same problem....how can I Make the SD and or USb external disk writable??

PLease Help!

Many thx ZULU!!!!!!!
I'm using Es file explorer and Solid Explorer. I have root, i can write.
Many thx ZULU.....Seems you are flooded for all our requests....we forgrt you are not NVIDIA oficial support and I guess you hace a life :D
The problem that I have is make sd writable in order to use it with Quasar add on in Kodi I tried editing platform XML but failed and sdfix doenst work either
Any idea to fix this???
Many thanks again
Best
advorsky

Post by advorsky »

Thanks for your fast answer Zulu, but it doesnt answer my question ,)

Is the annoying missing files on mounted smb shares bug fixed? (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... le-systems)

Has anyone running the new image mounted smb shares from a computer/nas and can try this out?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

advorsky wrote:Thanks for your fast answer Zulu, but it doesnt answer my question ,)

Is the annoying missing files on mounted smb shares bug fixed? (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... le-systems)

Has anyone running the new image mounted smb shares from a computer/nas and can try this out?
Not tested, i will do. But for now is not the priority. because in Android we we can mount samba share as internal disk also in others way.
I already explained in previous firmware.
Some of the built-in Android TV functionalities will be as the stock firmware, will be the original developer that will fix this. If the bug is present.