[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
cloopman

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by cloopman »

After i flashed the newest v.1.2 to my shield 2015, the second usb stopped working. I tried the fix which was posted before. Can somone help me?

thnx
[✔] How to make the 2nd USB port of the SATV 16GB 2017 work normally again:

# Root required #
When Full Android is installed, by default the 2nd USB port of the Shield TV 16GB 2017 work for ADB/Debug only.

In order to recover normal functionality back and be able to use USB debugging and Host mode at the same time

you need to add the following to the build.prop (preferably right after you install the firmware and boot for the first time):

Code: Select all
persist.convertible.usb.mode=host

You must Factory Reset your Shield TV after this because the firmware must start with this string already inside the build.prop for it to work.

To enable USB-HOST:

echo USB-HOST > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect

To disable USB-HOST:

echo none > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect
savagepagan

Post by savagepagan »

Need help with Amazon Prime video. It is not playing in 1080p with my 2015 Pro. I Have to use the old app Amazon video to get 1080p. Any idea why I can't get 1080p from Amazon Prime video? It's the one that you download directly from Amazon app store or from Amazon Underground.
Dylan_Douglas

Post by Dylan_Douglas »

Please help. I got this rom installed and running great and then tried to do the steps to get the nvidia games application working fully so i can gamestream from my pc etc. The issue is i think i changed too many things in the buildprop info because every time i reboot i get an error message that there is an internal problem and to contact the device manufacterer. The problem is that i didn't backup the original buildprop files before i edited them. Can someone please send me the buildprop files with the steps already done or provide the original build prop? Thanks in advance
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

savagepagan wrote:Need help with Amazon Prime video. It is not playing in 1080p with my 2015 Pro. I Have to use the old app Amazon video to get 1080p. Any idea why I can't get 1080p from Amazon Prime video? It's the one that you download directly from Amazon app store or from Amazon Underground.
Seems your not using Amazon Video Android TV (leanback) app that comes with the firmware. it's been mentioned already. Amazon prime video (handheld) is also available in play store since few months ago.

Sent from my Tapatalk beta Hub
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

cloopman wrote:After i flashed the newest v.1.2 to my shield 2015, the second usb stopped working. I tried the fix which was posted before. Can somone help me?

thnx
[[emoji818]] How to make the 2nd USB port of the SATV 16GB 2017 work normally again:

# Root required #
When Full Android is installed, by default the 2nd USB port of the Shield TV 16GB 2017 work for ADB/Debug only.

In order to recover normal functionality back and be able to use USB debugging and Host mode at the same time

you need to add the following to the build.prop (preferably right after you install the firmware and boot for the first time):

persist.convertible.usb.mode=host

You must Factory Reset your Shield TV after this because the firmware must start with this string already inside the build.prop for it to work.

To enable USB-HOST:

echo USB-HOST > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect

To disable USB-HOST:

echo none > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect
that's only for 16gb 2017 model. We don't know what settings or mods you've done to your device. If you have an external usb hub or whatever you have plugged in to "faulty usb port" first try in the other "good" usb port and in a PC. Test with device plugged in directly to usb port of shield tv without intermediaries. If no go then factory reset, if you did changes to system revert​ them or reflash system.img to start clean, then retry as soon as you boot device for first time without mods, settings changes and before reinstalling all your apps, meaning super clean with nothing else added or changed, with the exception of a file explorer in case you're​ testing a hdd/sdd/thumb drive (in that case first try with ES File Explorer).

nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
savagepagan

Post by savagepagan »

Veronica wrote:
savagepagan wrote:Need help with Amazon Prime video. It is not playing in 1080p with my 2015 Pro. I Have to use the old app Amazon video to get 1080p. Any idea why I can't get 1080p from Amazon Prime video? It's the one that you download directly from Amazon app store or from Amazon Underground.
Seems your not using Amazon Video Android TV (leanback) app that comes with the firmware. it's been mentioned already. Amazon prime video (handheld) is also available in play store since few months ago.

I have used the amazon prime video (handheld) with zero luck for HD.
savagepagan

Post by savagepagan »

Veronica wrote:

Ok. I found it, but it is still a little blurry. It's the amazon prime video that I can't get in 1080p. The amazon video is better.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Dylan_Douglas wrote:Please help. I got this rom installed and running great and then tried to do the steps to get the nvidia games application working fully so i can gamestream from my pc etc. The issue is i think i changed too many things in the buildprop info because every time i reboot i get an error message that there is an internal problem and to contact the device manufacterer. The problem is that i didn't backup the original buildprop files before i edited them. Can someone please send me the buildprop files with the steps already done or provide the original build prop? Thanks in advance
The following attached files are modded build.prop. Dependng on your model 2015 or 2017, download: the one with system label goes under /system, the one with vendor label (the single one attached is for 2015 & 2017) goes under /vendor, rename and replace: both must be renamed as build.prop, set permissions: once each build.prop file has been replaced/overwitten in correct directory you must set permissions to rw-r-r, reboot but if you have 2017 16gb model you must factory reset instead.
If you don't set permissions correctly or mess with build.prop your device can bootloop, if that happens to fix it just reflash system.img
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan_Douglas

Post by Dylan_Douglas »

Veronica wrote:
Dylan_Douglas wrote:Please help. I got this rom installed and running great and then tried to do the steps to get the nvidia games application working fully so i can gamestream from my pc etc. The issue is i think i changed too many things in the buildprop info because every time i reboot i get an error message that there is an internal problem and to contact the device manufacterer. The problem is that i didn't backup the original buildprop files before i edited them. Can someone please send me the buildprop files with the steps already done or provide the original build prop? Thanks in advance
The following attached files are modded build.prop. Dependng on your model 2015 or 2017, download: the one with system label goes under /system, the one with vendor label (the single one attached is for 2015 & 2017) goes under /vendor, rename and replace: both must be renamed as build.prop, set permissions: once each build.prop file has been replaced/overwitten in correct directory you must set permissions to rw-r-r, reboot but if you have 2017 16gb model you must factory reset instead.
If you don't set permissions correctly or mess with build.prop your device can bootloop, if that happens to fix it just reflash system.img

I replaced the build prop files with the ones you have provided but now i have no navigation buttons on the bottom of my screen. i have tile root installed and no matter what i try it won't restore the navagation buttons. Not sure what would cause this?
btrial

Post by btrial »

Hi, I installed succesfully nougat on my shield TV 2017 16 GB.
During installation I have sideloaded SuperSu by executing "6) adb sideload supersu_package_name.zip" , of course with my package name.
Everything went fine, but now, when i tried to access "SuperSU" it says that "There is no SU binary installed".

For me it looks that my android is not rooted. Wasn't sideloading SuperSu the purpose of that ?
Thanks for any response.