[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Maxxx

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by Maxxx »

Hi everyone.
I'm actually on full android 6.0
How can I go back to android tv ? What is the process ?
thank you in advance for your help
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

Maxxx wrote:Hi everyone.
I'm actually on full android 6.0
How can I go back to android tv ? What is the process ?
thank you in advance for your help
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1646&start=1770#p7469
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Hi Mogster,
Thank you for the reply.
so, if I understand well, I should dl the nvidia original rom 6.0.3 first, run the nvidia shield into fastboot mode and then flash the boot.img, system.img and vendor.img ? Is that right ?
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

Maxxx wrote:Hi Mogster,
Thank you for the reply.
so, if I understand well, I should dl the nvidia original rom 6.0.3 first, run the nvidia shield into fastboot mode and then flash the boot.img, system.img and vendor.img ? Is that right ?
It's 6.3.0 not 6.0.3, but yes. You will also need to do a factory reset.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Hi Mogster,
Thanks, I did it (except for the factory reset, I just did a wipe all) and everything works fine.
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

Hello. I made a downgrade from Oreo full to Nougat because I did not start the console. In the passage everything seemed ok, the console has internet access with the network cable, if I remove it does not work the wifi and so I do not surf without a cable. Solutions?
The console is the 2015 16Gb model and full nougat 1.5
https://ibb.co/WH8N3NK
harpua1982

Post by harpua1982 »

Lots of text below, but my main question is in BOLD below...

I'm currently running FULL Android 7.1 (Nougat) v1.1 for my 2015 Nvidia SHIELD and have been since February of 2017. I'm looking to upgrade, but more importantly, I'd rather just start over and go through the steps necessary to upgrade the Nvidia Stock FW first. I'd like to just start over from scratch b/c I've been running into many, many problems lately.

-Storage Full despite having used only 14.75GB of 1TB on my External HDD formatted for Adoptable Storage. Apps are still being installed On Internal ---- Shared Storage which is now full. I can't delete or uninstall anything from that section either.
- A REALLY annoying chime or sound that happens every 30min that I cannot find the source of anywhere!
- Various Apps just don't work. (could be the result of the above issue and maybe my External HDD is corrupt, but I highly doubt)

In other words, It's just a huge mess and pretty much unusable at this point. I've scoured the forums and gone through the process before, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't brick my device.

All I would need to do to start completly over would be to go into the settings/backup & reset/ Factory Data Reset??

Correct?

I'll follow the steps to upgrade to Oreo Full Android after some tinkering w/ the stock software....
2015 Nvidia SHIELDtv - Full Android Nougat v1.1
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

harpua1982 wrote:Lots of text below, but my main question is in BOLD below...

I'm currently running FULL Android 7.1 (Nougat) v1.1 for my 2015 Nvidia SHIELD and have been since February of 2017. I'm looking to upgrade, but more importantly, I'd rather just start over and go through the steps necessary to upgrade the Nvidia Stock FW first. I'd like to just start over from scratch b/c I've been running into many, many problems lately.

-Storage Full despite having used only 14.75GB of 1TB on my External HDD formatted for Adoptable Storage. Apps are still being installed On Internal ---- Shared Storage which is now full. I can't delete or uninstall anything from that section either.
- A REALLY annoying chime or sound that happens every 30min that I cannot find the source of anywhere!
- Various Apps just don't work. (could be the result of the above issue and maybe my External HDD is corrupt, but I highly doubt)

In other words, It's just a huge mess and pretty much unusable at this point. I've scoured the forums and gone through the process before, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't brick my device.

All I would need to do to start completly over would be to go into the settings/backup & reset/ Factory Data Reset??

Correct?

I'll follow the steps to upgrade to Oreo Full Android after some tinkering w/ the stock software....

Yes you can do factory reset without problems.

The only thing, you must root again if you use the old supersu.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
SHoMZ

Post by SHoMZ »

thank you, zulu99, for all your efforts in giving us a way to use our shield tvs to their FULL ANDROID potential.
and thank you, veronica.. your video tutorials helped alot.

I've been on full lollipop for a good couple of years and have only recently upgraded to full nougat. I was very hesitant to upgrade to oreo (and seeing zulu99's post in the full oreo thread, I have good reason to be hesitant). so, during the nvidia experience upgrade steps, I shut down my router after it completed stock 6.3. then, I flashed full nougat. NO ISSUES...

I am now setting up my shield tv to my liking and I would like to use it as a wifi access point/hotspot. but there are no tethering & hotspot options in full android settings or android tv settings.

is there any way to enable native hotspot/tethering? if not natively, possibly via 3rd-party app or similar?

your help to get this enabled natively would be much appreciated.

nvidia shield 2015 (16GB)
connected via ethernet cable.
harpua1982

Post by harpua1982 »

Yes you can do factory reset without problems.

The only thing, you must root again if you use the old supersu.
Thanks Zulu! I'm pretty sure I did root w/ the old supersu, So ya I'll have to go through that process again. But I'm sure you've explained in detail on how to do that! Thank you for your response! I figured it'd be ok, but just wanted to check. Looking forward to Oreo!
2015 Nvidia SHIELDtv - Full Android Nougat v1.1