[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Nizamfr

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by Nizamfr »

Hello i m New Can you tell me how to install androidtv app on full Android like youtube TV and mycanaltv thank you
Spaz022765

Post by Spaz022765 »

Hey, I'm trying to use this in portrait orientation with a monitor that will be permanently mounted in the portrait orientation.

All of the apps on the app store keep landscape orientation but instead shrink the output to a portrait aspect ratio.

Any ideas? I'm trying to use the Shield TV with a GeChic 1503i touchscreen mounted in a vehicle in portrait orientation.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Spaz022765 wrote:Hey, I'm trying to use this in portrait orientation with a monitor that will be permanently mounted in the portrait orientation.

All of the apps on the app store keep landscape orientation but instead shrink the output to a portrait aspect ratio.

Any ideas? I'm trying to use the Shield TV with a GeChic 1503i touchscreen mounted in a vehicle in portrait orientation.
Hello, try a rotation app like the following and report back:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... y.rotation
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Nizamfr wrote:Hello i m New Can you tell me how to install androidtv app on full Android like youtube TV and mycanaltv thank you
I already answered your question here in the forum and also in my YouTube Channel.

About myCanal app, it crashes when opened in TV (leanback) mode even when changing DPI to higher on the fly, but Handheld (normal) mode works fine. You should contact developer of that app and provide a debub log if you really want it working in TV mode. The app from Play Store has both modes so there is no separate app for Android TV.

Regarding YouTube TV you can find it in apkmirror.com, download it and install it. It works fine and it is a separate app.
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

34dabears wrote:I have 2 500 pro 2017 models and with the controller and remote connected when using voice search from remote it doesn't use the mic from the remote but it activates the mic from controller so if the controller is close enough to hear me it appears everything is working. as soon as I move the controller far enough that it is still connected to the box but cant hear me clearly and the remote does not turn on its mic and then it appears that it doesnt work only part of the time since it did when the controller was close enough but in reality it never works . If I disable the input on bluetooth settings for the controller then the remote mic starts working. So i installed another remote to see what would happen and it would activate the mic of the first remote and not use its own when trying to do voice search. So my question is, is the initial mic staying on not allowing it to switch between controllers or remotes , is this a driver issue or a firmware issue with remote/controller ? This is for the nvidia remote with headset jack and internal rechargeable batteries and newest controller so far I haven't tested with another bluetooth voice input also this happens on both my shield tv boxes.
I will report this to @zulu99 so he can test further as he has 2015 and 2017 Shield TVs with stock and Full Android so he can compare behaviour.
Spaz022765

Post by Spaz022765 »

With every app in the app store I get this output.

I want full-screen portrait.

project_raptorx mentioned earlier in this thread that ES file explorer exhibited this behavior at it's start. I want it to be that way all the time.

The rotation apps properly rotate touch input. But not video output. (i.e. once it's like this, touch points are rotated 90 degrees from the display output and you have to guess where to touch in order to select things on the screen.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Portrait mode that cover all the screen is not possible.

Is possible on the Nexus Player full Android that have original Android source code.

But is not possible on Shield TV full Android because Nvidia changed on purpose this behaviour and this specific component is closed source.

Is also true, that apart specific projects, this is something that not interest the generic users. After all we use Shield TV with regular TV that have landscape orientation.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Spaz022765

Post by Spaz022765 »

Aww, well, please do update if a fix is found.

Without derailing the thread, are there any similarly spec'ed android boxes that can do that?
34dabears

Post by 34dabears »

Spaz022765 wrote:Aww, well, please do update if a fix is found.

Without derailing the thread, are there any similarly spec'ed android boxes that can do that?
you could tyr full LINEAGE os unofficial "AKA CYANOGENMOD" there is one floating around it does work without nvidia system to piggy back on. it is available in nougat 7.1.1 but if you dont like you can always switch back obviously. http://androidbiits.com/nvidia-shield-t ... icial-rom/
Nizamfr

Post by Nizamfr »

Hello i have a PB when i m in droidmote and with gamepad shield the joystick mouse work fine but when you browse on Google chrome or else thé keyboard not working or showing plz help me thx