[ROM][Full Android Oreo Emulator for PC][v.1.3]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo Emulator for PC][v.1.3]

Post by zulu99 »

Now we have the Full Android Emulator also for Linux
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
harjeb

Post by harjeb »

Hi zulu,can this emulator hide root with magisk ? because some game cannot play under root
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

harjeb wrote:Hi zulu,can this emulator hide root with magisk ? because some game cannot play under root
The main functionality of Magisk is to hide root. Go in the hide list and select the few games that detect root.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
DroidMoteFan

Post by DroidMoteFan »

Ciao Zulu. First off, allow me to say 'grazie' for setting up this emulator + creating DroidMote. It's a genius concept, and I was looking forward to purchasing and using it with the emulator, but I'm having some issues to begin with.

So I was able to get everything installed and running except for the DroidMote server and client. I didn't install those because I didn't purchase the server yet since I was immediately having issues with the emulator that might prevent me from properly using it. So essentially my issues are a couple of things. First off, when I first opened the emulator, I immediately attempted to open Magisk Manager to check settings and such, and a notice popped up stating "Upgrade to full Magisk Manager to finish the setup. Download and install?" with 2 options to choose from. "No thanks" and "Yes". I wasn't completely sure what to do and didn't really want to screw up the setup that you had created, so I simply chose "No thanks" for starters. Nothing happened, and Magisk Manager didn't seem to open. I clicked the button to check currently running apps, and it did show Magisk Manager running, but the window was clear or "blank" and I could see the pink background of the emulator's home screen. I closed the app, then reopened it and this time chose "Yes" to the prompt asking to upgrade. Once again, nothing at all happened, and Magisk once again showed as running but with a clear or "blank" screen when clicking the button to show currently running apps.

I then attempted to download the latest Magisk Manager from the official github page for Magisk using the built-in Chrome browser, but it gave me this error: "............... download failed due to missing SD Card." Replace the "......" with a long checksum number. I now was aware that an SD card wasn't mounted. I went to Files and confirmed this. I ended up going to Config.ini and noticed that the SD card option was set to sdCard=no. I thought I found the solution! So I changed it to sdCard=yes but nothing at all changed when I booted the emulator once again, so I have no idea what's going on with that. I'm thinking that no SD card being mounted could be related to why Magisk Manager won't update, and I'm guessing that the failure to update is why it's not opening, so it's all a chain that's connected.

I also tried to sideload the Magisk Manager APK by downloading it to my PC and simply dragging it into the emulator, but I got the following error: "The APK failed to install. Error: Could not parse error string"

Once again, I haven't setup DroidMote server or client, or done DroidMote Server Port Forward.bat because I hadn't gotten that far before having issues, but I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with the issues that I'm facing. I wouldn't think so, but you did say that DroidMote server is required to be purchased and installed on the emulator, but I figured you meant required to use the controller for games and such. Not for full access of the emulator, but I could be wrong.

Play store and downloading and installing apps from there works fine. That brings me to my last issue. I downloaded Root Checker Basic, but it comes back stating that the device is not rooted. I click "verify root" and it just spins round and round and I get no notification to grant superuser access. Root Checker ends up saying "Second attempt. No response from this device" and then eventually goes to saying "Sorry! Root is not properly installed on this device." I'm guessing it has something to do with Magisk Manager not opening because Magisk is not running properly? I have no idea.

I also installed SafetyNet test because I figured since this is rooted with Magisk then I could not only hide root, but I could use the MagiskHide Props Config module to set a proper fingerprint and fully pass SafetyNet. However, you would know more than I do as to whether or not this is even possible when using this emulator. If it's not, then definitely let me know please.

Anyway, I apologize for the wall of text, but I wanted to be as clear and thorough as possible in my explanation. Can you please help me? Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon :)
DroidMoteFan

Post by DroidMoteFan »

Just an update. No downloads work because of no SD card. I even tried getting the latest Magisk Manager APK onto the emulator by using "Send Anywhere" to transfer the file from another android device, but it wouldn't download the file. I ended up uninstalling the included Magisk Manager and using ADB to install the latest version, and not only did it work, but Magisk Manager now opens and shows as having version 16.6 installed with 17.1 being the latest version. Root is also now fully working (I even confirmed with Root Checker). A notification pops up asking if I want to install 17.1, and I tried it using the recommended Direct Install, but it gets frozen on 'extracting files' and I end up having to just close Magisk Manager, so it doesn't work. I also tried going the 'download zip only' route and using flashify to flash it, but it bricked the emulator lol. I ended up deleting all files and folders and just extracting it all new. SafetyNet check works but does NOT pass. Both ctsProfile and basicIntegrity come back as false. I wanted to use the Magisk Hide Props Config module to set a proper build and fingerprint to pass SafetyNet, but installing modules does not work. It says "Unable to extract zip file. Installation failed." I tried installing other random modules and none can be installed. They all give the same error. I tried installing the modules manually through Magisk Manager's "add module", but that doesn't work either. I even tried flashing the zip files using flashify and soft rebooting, but again, that doesn't work. So it seems like the only thing that works is root and setting Magisk Hide so that you can hide root from apps/games that check for it. However, this will not do any good for apps/games that use SafetyNet since that fails, so it's somewhat pointless. If you know a way to have the modules install and work, then perhaps the Magisk Hide Props Config module can be installed and used to pass SafetyNet, then you will be able to use any app no matter what.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

DroidMoteFan wrote:Just an update. No downloads work because of no SD card. I even tried getting the latest Magisk Manager APK onto the emulator by using "Send Anywhere" to transfer the file from another android device, but it wouldn't download the file. I ended up uninstalling the included Magisk Manager and using ADB to install the latest version, and not only did it work, but Magisk Manager now opens and shows as having version 16.6 installed with 17.1 being the latest version. Root is also now fully working (I even confirmed with Root Checker). A notification pops up asking if I want to install 17.1, and I tried it using the recommended Direct Install, but it gets frozen on 'extracting files' and I end up having to just close Magisk Manager, so it doesn't work. I also tried going the 'download zip only' route and using flashify to flash it, but it bricked the emulator lol. I ended up deleting all files and folders and just extracting it all new. SafetyNet check works but does NOT pass. Both ctsProfile and basicIntegrity come back as false. I wanted to use the Magisk Hide Props Config module to set a proper build and fingerprint to pass SafetyNet, but installing modules does not work. It says "Unable to extract zip file. Installation failed." I tried installing other random modules and none can be installed. They all give the same error. I tried installing the modules manually through Magisk Manager's "add module", but that doesn't work either. I even tried flashing the zip files using flashify and soft rebooting, but again, that doesn't work. So it seems like the only thing that works is root and setting Magisk Hide so that you can hide root from apps/games that check for it. However, this will not do any good for apps/games that use SafetyNet since that fails, so it's somewhat pointless. If you know a way to have the modules install and work, then perhaps the Magisk Hide Props Config module can be installed and used to pass SafetyNet, then you will be able to use any app no matter what.
for the sd problem, install again from scratch and reboot. from scratch means unpack again the original rar archive.

you can't update magisk from inside the emulator. if you want update magisk you must patch the file ramdisk.img with the app magisk manager.

anyway with the current magisk version you can do almost everything. update only the manager apk, not the magisk version.

system is writable so you can edit build.prop for a fake signature.

about DroidMote, is optional. If you have bought the server, you can play multi touch games with droidmote.

I think that you had problems because in the first start, sdcard was not ready. this is possible in slow disk pc. but a reboot usually solve.
anubhav3011

Post by anubhav3011 »

how to install/flash magisk modules. it gives error
DroidMoteFan

Post by DroidMoteFan »

Thank you! This is great information. I had no idea that you can modify these things with build.prop. I'm still learning. In fact, after your mention of it, I ended up googling and finding out a lot more information regarding it, and I can now see that the Magisk Hide Props Config basically does exactly the same as what you can do by manually editing build.prop yourself. It's just automated with the module, that's the only difference.

However, I'm still having some issues. Googling build.prop brought up a lot of information on how to edit it using real devices, but not emulators, so I just assumed that with an emulator you could edit the build.prop file found in the system-images folder on PC using Notepad. It does open up in notepad, and you can edit it of course, but none of the changes are reflected when booting into the emulator. So far I changed these: ro.product.model=ONEPLUS A6003 ro.product.brand=oneplus ro.build.fingerprint=OnePlus/OnePlus6/OnePlus6:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/06140300:user/release-keys but the information under "About device" still comes up as Android SDK built for x86, not OnePlus. From what I saw from google searches and videos on youtube, changing what I changed should change the Model under 'About device' and such. I ended up trying to do it exactly as I read online and saw in videos for real devices, which is by using a file explorer with root privileges to go into the system folder on the device, find the build.prop file, and edit it from there. I thought I found the solution when I did this because once I opened the build.prop file in the emulator, none of the changes I made using Notepad to the build.prop file found in the system-images folder on PC were reflected. Everything was still original, so I ended up using ES File Explorer's Note Editor to edit the file directly and then saved the changes and rebooted. Once again the information that shows up in 'About device' has still not changed. It's all original. SafetyNet also still does not pass. Maybe there's more information that I need to edit? Can you tell me all the information that I should be editing in build.prop to pass SafetyNet?

As for the SD issue, I already installed from scratch from when I attempted to flash Magisk 17.1 using flashify and bricked the emulator lol. By bricked I mean that it would force-close everytime I attempted to boot the emulator after that. I simply deleted everything and unpacked the original rar archive brand new. There is still no SD card, but it's not that big of a deal since I can work around it. I can install apps from the play store, I can download APK's to my PC and install using ADB if necessary, the internal storage is working fine, root works fine, MagiskHide works fine (I confirmed this by hiding root from Root Checker temporarily and it was not detected), so I'm happy with everything. The only thing I need now is to pass SafetyNet, then purchase DroidMote server and set that all up (this should be easy though), and I will be good to go.

I completely understand what you mean by patching the ramdisk.img with the Magisk Manager app. I read about how 1 way to root using Magisk is to patch the boot image of your device if you have it. In our case it's the ramdisk.img. I'm going to leave it alone for now since as you say, I should be able to do everything with 16.6 anyway. If it becomes necessary to update at a later time, then maybe I will attempt to patch the ramdisk.img

Anyway, can you help me with editing build.prop to pass SafetyNet? Molto grazie!
anubhav3011

Post by anubhav3011 »

DroidMoteFan wrote:Thank you! This is great information. I had no idea that you can modify these things with build.prop. I'm still learning. In fact, after your mention of it, I ended up googling and finding out a lot more information regarding it, and I can now see that the Magisk Hide Props Config basically does exactly the same as what you can do by manually editing build.prop yourself. It's just automated with the module, that's the only difference.

However, I'm still having some issues. Googling build.prop brought up a lot of information on how to edit it using real devices, but not emulators, so I just assumed that with an emulator you could edit the build.prop file found in the system-images folder on PC using Notepad. It does open up in notepad, and you can edit it of course, but none of the changes are reflected when booting into the emulator. So far I changed these: ro.product.model=ONEPLUS A6003 ro.product.brand=oneplus ro.build.fingerprint=OnePlus/OnePlus6/OnePlus6:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/06140300:user/release-keys but the information under "About device" still comes up as Android SDK built for x86, not OnePlus. From what I saw from google searches and videos on youtube, changing what I changed should change the Model under 'About device' and such. I ended up trying to do it exactly as I read online and saw in videos for real devices, which is by using a file explorer with root privileges to go into the system folder on the device, find the build.prop file, and edit it from there. I thought I found the solution when I did this because once I opened the build.prop file in the emulator, none of the changes I made using Notepad to the build.prop file found in the system-images folder on PC were reflected. Everything was still original, so I ended up using ES File Explorer's Note Editor to edit the file directly and then saved the changes and rebooted. Once again the information that shows up in 'About device' has still not changed. It's all original. SafetyNet also still does not pass. Maybe there's more information that I need to edit? Can you tell me all the information that I should be editing in build.prop to pass SafetyNet?

As for the SD issue, I already installed from scratch from when I attempted to flash Magisk 17.1 using flashify and bricked the emulator lol. By bricked I mean that it would force-close everytime I attempted to boot the emulator after that. I simply deleted everything and unpacked the original rar archive brand new. There is still no SD card, but it's not that big of a deal since I can work around it. I can install apps from the play store, I can download APK's to my PC and install using ADB if necessary, the internal storage is working fine, root works fine, MagiskHide works fine (I confirmed this by hiding root from Root Checker temporarily and it was not detected), so I'm happy with everything. The only thing I need now is to pass SafetyNet, then purchase DroidMote server and set that all up (this should be easy though), and I will be good to go.

I completely understand what you mean by patching the ramdisk.img with the Magisk Manager app. I read about how 1 way to root using Magisk is to patch the boot image of your device if you have it. In our case it's the ramdisk.img. I'm going to leave it alone for now since as you say, I should be able to do everything with 16.6 anyway. If it becomes necessary to update at a later time, then maybe I will attempt to patch the ramdisk.img

Anyway, can you help me with editing build.prop to pass SafetyNet? Molto grazie!
bro i think we are on the same page as i also want safetynet, please teach me how to pass it as i tried installing modules of magisk it doesnt install
DroidMoteFan

Post by DroidMoteFan »

I just wanted to add one thing. The more I'm searching and learning, the more I'm beginning to believe that this all may be a lost cause. The reason is because of the basicIntegrity check. From what it looks like, setting build.prop fingerprint will help pass ctsprofile. but not basicIntegrity.

Here is the quote from the official Magisk documentation: "If you cannot even pass basicIntegrity, there are some serious issues! Even though in theory Magisk Modules can be hidden by MagiskHide, you should first try enabling Core-Only Mode and see if it makes any difference. If it still doesn’t pass, the ROM you’re using is the problem. If it passes, experiment and narrow down the problematic module(s)."

Another quote:

"What triggers SafetyNet?

There are two parts to the SafetyNet check, CTS Profile and Basic Integrity.

Examples of when ctsProfileMatch will report as false (failed):
- Uncertified device (the manufacturer haven't applied for Google certification)
- Unlocked bootloader
- Custom ROM
- Signs of system integrity compromise (rooting, etc)
- Signs of other attacks (Xposed, etc)

Examples of when basicIntegrity will report as false (failed):
- Signs of system integrity compromise (rooting, etc)
- Signs of other attacks (Xposed, etc)

Several (but not all) of the things mentioned above can be hidden by Magisk. See what Magisk can and cannot hide under Basics."

Under Basics it says this:

"Magisk can hide

Magisk and most modules (it depends on what the module does).
MagiskSU.
Unlocked bootloader.
Permissive SELinux.
Some prop values (see "Sensitive props").
The Magisk Manager (separate option in the Manager settings).

Magisk can not hide

Other known root apps (see "Detecting apps requiring root").
Remnants of previous root method, including any root management apps (a good way to remove most remnants of root is osm0sis unSU script).
Xposed (deactivate or uninstall). It doesn't matter if it's systemless, Magisk can't hide it.
USB/ADB Debugging (disable under Developer options in Android settings).
Developer options.
Some Magisk modules - Depending on what the module does, it may not be able to be hidden by MagiskHide.
Some modifications to /system. Make sure to use Magisk modules...

Make sure that your device conforms to the above requirements before continuing."

I also tried disabling both ADB debugging and developer options to see if that had any affect, but basicIntegrity still fails. So it looks like SafetyNet detects that it's an emulator. It sees something else in the system, regardless of fingerprint.

Have you been able to pass both ctsprofile and basicIntegrity on the emulator? I'm wondering if it's possible. Hoping to hear back from you soon :)